Topic poll

“Are you holding on or are you moving on”

• I'm staying witing for code 49 votes
    60%
  • I'm going code is dull 32 votes
    40%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
Capture_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
tumblr_madnk0WWFM1qe47tto3_1280_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I also thought with this license that Stern wouldn't let it rot like it has for so long.

It's the #2 earning game.

As long as the ops are making money, Stern is not worried.

Home use buyers know Stern does not finish code for 2-3 years.

#102 3 years ago

The game is kinda washed, just like the band is. Hope Sterns next music pin doesn't go the classic route, yet again.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from frb:

I think it is clear that a big license that will appeal to the operators (which code is not a factor) will not get the same attention as a lessor license that needs a push in sales from the home market. I am really worried that Ghostbusters could follow the same path.

With all the new attention on pinball, CODE is FACTOR on location.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jungle has as much chance of being in the game as The Oath.
It'll be "more of the same". All classic shit. No Revenge. No non-makeup song at all. Bet ya!
rd

Heavens on fire could make it also. And (cringe) Forever.

Any of the songs that they re-recorded a few years back could end up in the game.

#105 3 years ago

Which album was it that they took the songs from?

I wouldn't mind Heavens on fire, I like that song.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

KISS Klassics

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wouldn't mind Heavens on fire, I like that song.

Jigoku Retsuden. Heaven's On Fire is already in mine. Great song for this machine.

#108 3 years ago

Heaven's On Fire looks like it will be a new song. Google image search it and it's the same image that Stern used in their post about an hour ago.

Capture_(resized).PNG

#109 3 years ago

I just got word that one of our main local ops here is giving up on his KISS. The other main op here for new games already gave up on his KISS months ago. I can't blame him, earnings have dropped on it to 7th or 8th place out of 10 pins in that location in the last few months and it is only only barely beating two games in earnings that are only $.50 to play while KISS is a dollar like the other new games. Combine that with two balls getting stuck in the VUK in Gene's head frequently which makes the lock shot impossible and the game even less fun to play and apparently it is just time to go. Too bad the game will probably be gone before people get to try out the new code on it. Same thing happened with Wrestlemania here. Ops aren't willing to wait for almost a year for a code update that will hopefully help the game earn like it should.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Combine that with two balls getting stuck in the VUK in Gene's head frequently which makes the lock shot impossible

The game would earn a lot more if he fixed it's problems.

The VUK fix was last year's news.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Home use buyers know Stern does not finish code for 2-3 years.

#112 3 years ago

Stern just posted on the Facebook page.... look like kiss code is on the horizon

#113 3 years ago

Heavens on Fire instead of Black Diamond???

#114 3 years ago

Do You Love Me is an option as well...

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The game would earn a lot more if he fixed it's problems.
The VUK fix was last year's news.

What is the fix? I can pass it on to him. I knew of potential fixes for the SDTM from the vuk, but not for getting balls jammed in there. Granted I don't own the game so I don't follow it that closely.

Unfortunately I don't think the Gene's head fix is going to be the magic elixir that makes it earn more. 90% of the players don't even realize it is an issue even when they can't lock a ball. They just think they didn't hit the shot solid enough.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Heavens on Fire instead of Black Diamond???

Black Diamond is already a song in the game. Heaven's On Fire will be one of the songs on the new code tomorrow.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You must be new around these parts.
rd

No, not new... Just had money burning a hole in my pocket

#118 3 years ago

Well I hope it's a great update. It's been a long time coming.

Can't wait myself....this code update could take KISS to the next level

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What is the fix?

104 code (or latter) + moving the slot back.

There are threads on Pinside with pictures.

Quoted from LesManley:

Unfortunately I don't think the Gene's head fix is going to be the magic elixir that makes it earn more. 90% of the players don't even realize it is an issue even when they can't lock a ball. They just think they didn't hit the shot solid enough.

The "easy" fun of KISS is that multiball, so if you can't easily achieve it, it probably would not draw players back.

Not every game earns in every location, but most the ops I know have a dozen KISS and they are really earning well.

Mix the games up and find out how much money is in that room.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

KISS Klassics
ยป YouTube video

Sadly, I think I'm the only one who actually likes the re-recordings.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't like voiceover on Christine Sixteen, but the rest of them are great sounding, very compressed, mixes.

#122 3 years ago

What are the chances that Stern releases the code tomorrow...and for fun, it's just an empty file. Then on the file, it says "April fools!"

Call me crazy, but does anyone remember the South Park episode on April 1, 1998 where Cartman's father was going to be revealed? Only to not have South Park not be on, but rather some stupid cartoon.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What are the chances that Stern releases the code tomorrow...and for fun, it's just an empty file. Then on the file, it says "April fools!"
Call me crazy, but does anyone remember the South Park episode on April 1, 1998 where Cartman's father was going to be revealed? Only to not have South Park not be on, but rather some stupid cartoon.

I don't think anyone owning a Kiss would think it is funny. In fact, I think this would happen at Stern's door.

image_(resized).jpeg

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't think anyone owning a Kiss would think it is funny. In fact, I think this would happen at Stern's door.

image_(resized).jpeg

Yep...except instead of those peeps with pitchforks, replace with a pic of angry rich people on a computer being sad....and then instead of a blank background have a picture of Stern & OPs counting all their monies.

OH WAIT...."this time" it's diff'rent right?!?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have said that I like the rerecording better many times and still do,come on code

#126 3 years ago

The only rerecord I kept on my machine was Deuce.

2 weeks later
#127 3 years ago

Its a shame such great table and no update

1 week later
#128 3 years ago

So has the new code made you a believer?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

So has the new code made you a believer?

Well, I love how the game shoots. It's got great aesthetics. I really enjoy all of my other Lyman/Borg games (Tron, Metallica, Walking Dead), so I have faith Lyman will make this one great as well.

Doing the code update today on location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside