Topic poll

“Are you holding on or are you moving on”

• I'm staying witing for code 49 votes
    60%
  • I'm going code is dull 32 votes
    40%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
Capture_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
tumblr_madnk0WWFM1qe47tto3_1280_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Keeping both my pro kiss machines....told the new code is awesome and will be dropped in 2 days ..... the new features are amazing and the extra songs are a huge surprise!

tumblr_madnk0WWFM1qe47tto3_1280_1_(resized).jpg

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Keeping both my pro kiss machines....told the new code is awesome and will be dropped in 2 days ..... the new features are amazing and the extra songs are a huge surprise!

Is Jungle one of the songs?

#53 3 years ago

I heard it was She's So European

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I agree the rules suck, but that is probably the only thing Avengers and Kiss share in common.

Disagree. The avengers rules are quite good and definitely do not "suck".

#55 3 years ago

I sold my kiss 3 months ago and got a GOT. Super happy with that decision!

KISS sucked ass at my pinbar for earnings big time!!! Terrible! That being said it has decent flow and code will make it a decent player so hopefully owners get what is needed soon. It's long overdue.

#56 3 years ago

Not a kiss fan but played an LE yesterday and really enjoyed the game. Had nice flow and wasn't a ball drainer. I am a GOT fan and played the pin on 3 different occasions and still can't like it. I am sure it is me but if you don't hit the ramps the ball flies straight down the middle. Not a fun game for me.
Just another opinion (and everyone's got one) LOL

#58 3 years ago

Starting to see sales here in Australia. Question being asked by most is. "Will code save it"
Sellers are saying no and some have been kiss fans. Time will tell.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Starting to see sales here in Australia. Question being asked by most is. "Will code save it"
Sellers are saying no and some have been kiss fans. Time will tell.

It won't save the fking miserable job they did applying the decals, that's for sure

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Why would you want to? So it could "cost" you?
Listen to some of the people above...they know what's up.
-Mark

no I am saying I am holding firm. I really believe the code will be very good. if the code comes out and its medicore, I will be selling and I wont care about the loss, rather just get rid of it.

#62 3 years ago

Ordered a GB LE, still holding onto my KISS pro for sure. Love the layout and art and it's fun to play as it sits, I think a code update can make it a serious winner.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Gone tomorrow. GB on order

Already posted that asshat

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Most would have no clue about that song. One of Paul's best from the 90's era.

#65 3 years ago

Holding. Not holding for code, just holding. Having fun and kids love it, all with current code. Is there some great adventure, like LOTR? Nope. Just a beautiful machine with some great tunes. If I want a GB, I'll find a different way besides unloading this one.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Question being asked by most is. "Will code save it"

I think that may depend on who is polishing/redoing the code. Haven't heard from Lyman in a bit, and we know what happens when he and Borg team up ...

#67 3 years ago

Who designed Kiss and who's on code?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Who designed Kiss and who's on code?

Borg is the designer, and I think Lonnie did the initial code (though not sure on that).

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think that may depend on who is polishing/redoing the code. Haven't heard from Lyman in a bit, and we know what happens when he and Borg team up ...

You think LR fails to finish KISS? This was my thought last August when there was no apparent direction in the 2 or 3 minor updates that were released. It's pretty obvious that for one reason or another after the game shipped that he wasn't spending much time, if any on the code. KISS wasn't even close to being completed and what was there is pretty basic. I hope Stern realized that the code sucked and releases an update which overhauls what is currently there.

Rob

#70 3 years ago

I have an LE and have no intention of letting her go anywhere. Adding the mods to this one from Pinball Refinery this week. Sweet!! I play it everyday, pretty much. Great to rock out and play pinball in sync......

Its not a crime to be good to yourself....Lick it Up.

#71 3 years ago

Still no code?

#72 3 years ago

My Kiss LE is going no where. Sure it needs a code update, but it's still fun to play the way it is.
Great shoots, beautiful art work and great songs to rock to . It's going to be one of Sterns top pins someday IMO.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

My Kiss LE is going no where. Sure it needs a code update, but it's still fun to play the way it is.
Great shoots, beautiful art work and great songs to rock to . It's going to be one of Sterns top pins someday IMO.

I agree that the game will be great and preminture sellers will wish they had held

#74 3 years ago

Im keeping my Kiss Premium too with no plans to get rid of it. Its a keeper for me even with its unfinished code.

#75 3 years ago

Has Stearn said they are working on it ?

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Has Stearn said they are working on it ?

Yes many times. Last I heard it was being field tested.

#77 3 years ago

I say we will see it May.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I say we will see it May.

May 2017 here we come

#79 3 years ago

I say Stern should give us a prize for waiting this long.

They really botched the code on the release of this game.

#80 3 years ago

My LE is stayin. Cant wait for the code but we still play it a lot. great sound and light show.

#81 3 years ago

I have been waiting to buy kiss since October. I gotta say, I'll never buy a NIB Lonnie coded game, how could the head of software design suck so bad. he must be doing other great things at stern we dont know about because based on code i would issue him a pink slip. If Lyman was doing the code I would have bought it incomplete.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I have been waiting to buy kiss since October. I gotta say, I'll never buy a NIB Lonnie coded game, how could the head of software design suck so bad. he must be doing other great things at stern we dont know about because based on code i would issue him a pink slip. If Lyman was doing the code I would have bought it incomplete.

I told my distributor that I'll never buy another Lonnie game NIB again, unless it's Star Wars.

Just look at Star Trek. Lonnie did God knows what for 2 years and it took Dwight to make the code great.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I told my distributor that I'll never buy another Lonnie game NIB again, unless it's Star Wars.
Just look at Star Trek. Lonnie did God knows what for 2 years and it took Dwight to make the code great.

It's certainly disappointing, but quite valid to speak with your (our) dollars that way.

Rob

#84 3 years ago

Imagine what the current lineup of games would be like if Stern hadn't hired Dwight?

#85 3 years ago

Dammit where's the code.

#86 3 years ago

Im not buying another NIB for route or collection till they finish KISS or get it close. Collections are down due to code, TWD has not fallen, due to timely code updates.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Code was supposed to come thanks giving , then xmas , then New Years , then Australia day 26th Jan , then Valentines day ...
All this hear say hasnt proved anything and the only people in the know is Stern themselves not a stupid rumour or gossip on a forum page.
Reality check here

Curious:

Why did so many buy this game with beta code?

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Curious:

I think I speak for all of us that own it, but none of us could possibly imagine a top seller having code like this after almost a year.

#89 3 years ago

Sold my LE today. Will probably miss it somewhat.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Jungle has as much chance of being in the game as The Oath.

It'll be "more of the same". All classic shit. No Revenge. No non-makeup song at all. Bet ya!

rd

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Curious:

never have thought it would take so long to get a code update. figured 6 mos tops. don't blame the victims.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Curious:

I think it is clear that a big license that will appeal to the operators (which code is not a factor) will not get the same attention as a lessor license that needs a push in sales from the home market. I am really worried that Ghostbusters could follow the same path.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

never have thought it would take so long to get a code update. figured 6 mos tops. don't blame the victims.

Not trying to "blame the victim", but I wonder if we all waited to buy Stern games until they were actually DELIVERING decent code, if the problem wouldn't dramatically change....

When Stern can sellout LE's in hours/days theres little motivation to refine code....

btw- not just picking on them - JJP just released a game 1.5 years late and still shipped weak, incomplete beta code.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I am a GOT fan and played the pin on 3 different occasions and still can't like it. I am sure it is me but if you don't hit the ramps the ball flies straight down the middle. Not a fun game for me.
Just another opinion (and everyone's got one) LOL

Not a GOT fan and had the same experience. KISS still works for me but it does need help.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Not trying to "blame the victim", but I wonder if we all waited to buy Stern games until they were actually DELIVERING decent code, if the problem wouldn't dramatically change....
When Stern can sellout LE's in hours/days theres little motivation to refine code....
btw- not just picking on them - JJP just released a game 1.5 years late and still shipped weak, incomplete beta code.

I agree with you but how do you get thousands of huo and operators together to "boycott" stern or any other manufacturer. it will never happen. quite honestly I cant understand how its taken so long to get this code out, I wish stern would at least give us some sort of update.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Jungle has as much chance of being in the game as The Oath.
It'll be "more of the same". All classic shit. No Revenge. No non-makeup song at all. Bet ya!
rd

Lick it up is a non makeup song.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I agree with you but how do you get thousands of huo and operators together to "boycott" stern or any other manufacturer. it will never happen. quite honestly I cant understand how its taken so long to get this code out, I wish stern would at least give us some sort of update.

One buyer at a time.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Lick it up is a non makeup song.

True that.

rd

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Curious:

I knew Lonnie did not have a good reputation for coding since the mess that was ST. I figured things were getting better and initial code seemed like a good start. I also thought with this license that Stern wouldn't let it rot like it has for so long. The .01 code increments showed that little effort was being put into the code and 1.05 really drove that point home. I think the code was perhaps at a point where it was already becoming another mess and going in the wrong direction (poor rules). I think maybe Stern realized that too.

It's not a layout I care much for so I probably would not buy it again. I'd rather get a GB or TWD first.

Rob

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I also thought with this license that Stern wouldn't let it rot like it has for so long.

You must be new around these parts.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside