Topic poll

“Are you holding on or are you moving on”

• I'm staying witing for code 49 votes
    60%
  • I'm going code is dull 32 votes
    40%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
Capture_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
tumblr_madnk0WWFM1qe47tto3_1280_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Are you still holding onto Kiss hoping for better rules. Or have you given up and moved on?

#2 3 years ago

Holding on for the long haul. I enjoy the shots on the game, and am a big fan of the band. My kids love it too, so that helps. I'm on board with the crowd that says it needs updated code; still think that the goal should be to play every song, in every city to complete the 'tour'. But it'll be in my collection for awhile.

#3 3 years ago

I've been thinking about this a lot. I have the LE & it looks like the value is dropping quickly.

#4 3 years ago

Just hope it doesn't go the Avengers LE route...$5k priced pin could take months to sell....

#5 3 years ago

Agree with jk2171. I didn't buy KISS as an investment. It's my dream title so I'm probably a little biased. It will get better. For now I'm happy to own one. Hang in there an update is coming.

#6 3 years ago

I'm a KISS fan, and I've taken my wife to see them a few times. It's the only one of my games that she plays regularly. She likes it a lot now, so code will only make that relationship better. The game is staying. Of course I don't buy and flip games, so it's never an issue for me.

#7 3 years ago

You haven't seen many for sale, and plenty were bought.
Tells you something right there.

I actually had Avengers, and let it go "specifically" because Stern abandoned it until 2 months ago, go figure on that one.
Yes - Kiss stays.
Plenty going on as is - plenty more to come.

#8 3 years ago

The game shoots really well. Art is great. It a lot of fun taken for what it is right now, and is doing great on route.

The only thing lacking is the code, which will come. Hopefully it matches the rest of the game.

#9 3 years ago

Add a poll. Include waiting on new code before purchasing a KISS pin.

#10 3 years ago

rumor is KISS code drop tomorrow.... fingers crossed

#11 3 years ago

I sold my kiss and bought a GOT premium
I am very happy

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

rumor is KISS code drop tomorrow.... fingers crossed

How do you know that ? Another guess ?

#13 3 years ago

Someone else hinted to a code drop tomorrow in another thread. We'll see.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How do you know that ? Another guess ?

yeah thats all the info I have, hinted in the other thread... hope its true

#15 3 years ago

Me too guys ...really hoping soon !

#16 3 years ago

one le for sale and not many responses. the pin community knows in its current state it isnt very good. new code is needed stat to stir some new interest or this pin gonna be a dud. i own an le and havent play it in a week, its very stale. hope the code comes out tomorrow as rumored around here.

#17 3 years ago

Code was supposed to come thanks giving , then xmas , then New Years , then Australia day 26th Jan , then Valentines day ...
All this hear say hasnt proved anything and the only people in the know is Stern themselves not a stupid rumour or gossip on a forum page.
Reality check here

#18 3 years ago

Ive had my KISS machine for 25 years, its about time they did something with the rules. Bastards.

#19 3 years ago

No way Kiss goes the Avengers route. First off, it's Kiss, one of the top selling bands in history, secondly the art, layout & music package destroys Avengers. I agree the rules suck, but that is probably the only thing Avengers and Kiss share in common. Also, Given the fan base, I am not too sure the value of Kiss will drop much on the second hand market.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

I've been thinking about this a lot. I have the LE & it looks like the value is dropping quickly.

STLEs were dropping in value until the last huge code hit, then they shot right back up

#21 3 years ago

Kiss is cool. Will only get better with code. I personally love rhe shots and the artwork is the best I have seen next to Metallica.

#22 3 years ago

Bailed long ago, back at the beginning of november. Replaced KISS with GoT and haven't regretted it at all.

Rob

#23 3 years ago

I've not played Kiss, but I'm a bit shocked with how Stern has treated this one. Given the high profile theme and fervor surrounding it's release, I would have thought they would have been more on top of it. Game looks really great and seems to have an interesting layout.

#24 3 years ago

KISS earns well in many locations...in fact, it is on pace to be my best earner.

All this talk about "taking a hit" in value, and "giving up" on a game...sheesh, people. Play the games and enjoy them. They are not investments. If you play it for a few months and then "lose" a few hundred dollars because you decide to sell it, boo-hoo.

I too, am looking forward to a code update, and so are a handful of my die-hard customers. 95% of my customer base doesn't know anything about code or updates. They insert a dollar (or use PayRange on their phone) and rock out for a few minutes, shooting for the blinking lights.

It is a great looking, sounding, and playing game right now, and will eventually get even better.

-Mark

#25 3 years ago

not a KISS fan, but i'm still in love with that pin (layout/design/artwork), and still think to buy one, but FOR SURE, if i do it, it will be after the code update...

#26 3 years ago

Keeping my le for a long while,the code will come when it comes but I hope it is not much longer

#27 3 years ago

well boys, seems today is not our day.... damn rumors.... why is new pin rumors always correct but never a code drop rumor

#28 3 years ago

Don't they usually drop new code on Fridays?

#29 3 years ago

I keep it as a KISS collectible. If it wasn't KISS it would be long gone. Def taught me to never pre-order a game until I get to play it. Ill tell you this no one plays mine and says "man that's a great playing game". looks good next to the old one though.

#30 3 years ago

It's a keeper. I have no regrets on my purchase, and don't plan on selling anytime soon. Just waiting patiently for the update.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

They insert a dollar (or use PayRange on their phone) and rock out for a few minutes, shooting for the blinking lights.

Yes! That's what pinball is about - entertainment - fun!

#32 3 years ago

Liked my pro, but sold it and bought a GOT with great code. No regrets.

The game code as it sits is just too eh. You need to have a ''planets aligned'' type of game to complete it, because you may get one of the two multiballs completed, but both is a little too tough on top of everything else, which makes the gameplay stale after awhile.

If it went the ac/dc style of route, it breathes huge life into this game, it's a fun shooter with good looks to match. Shame.

#33 3 years ago

Yes, still holding on. Sure does the code need to be updates, absolutely. But it's a great game.

#34 3 years ago

Sell all your games right now before the bottom drops out of the market !!!!!!!!!!!!!111

#35 3 years ago

My distro told me yesterday, that Stern had told him that the new KISS code will be a huge update and should be here very shortly (within 3 weeks).

I'm sure all the distributors are looking forward to the code too...they want to get their games sold.

#37 3 years ago

I would wait on moving it..

#38 3 years ago

Keeping both my pro kiss machines....told the new code is awesome and will be dropped in 2 days ..... the new features are amazing and the extra songs are a huge surprise!

#39 3 years ago

Kiss leaves Monday at a the Sanctum. Ghostbusters will be replacing it.

#41 3 years ago

Was KISS the first Stern game to ever ship with BETA code?

#42 3 years ago

You could own 2 of them and no one at Stern would be allowed to give you any info.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Was KISS the first Stern game to ever ship with BETA code?

I think 9 Ball was.

#44 3 years ago

I'll never sell my Bally KISS or my Stern KISS.

image_(resized).jpeg

#45 3 years ago

I have a pro and Love it. It Rocks, great Sound quality also. Some tweaking on code would make it great though.

#46 3 years ago

Nice to see both of them together. Love the way the Stern KISS pays homage to the Bally KISS in many ways.

I'm hopeful the long awaited code update will pull the game together. Still love the way it shoots and sounds.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'll never sell my Bally KISS or my Stern KISS.

image_(resized).jpeg

to sell kiss right now with this code would cost you and me both. not an easy sell!

#48 3 years ago

Might sell KISS LE cozy if code drops and it dowEsnt better the game, we are in rTrouble!! Many think code won't save it. It they said that about MeETLE and STLE

#49 3 years ago

Yep. I believe Trekkie1978 is 100% correct.

-Mark

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

to sell kiss right now with this code would cost you and me both. not an easy sell!

Why would you want to? So it could "cost" you?

Listen to some of the people above...they know what's up.

-Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 50.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside