(Topic ID: 197660)

Are you safe buying a pinball using pay pal?

By rtotans

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tomdrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I thought about buying a pinball machine from out of state. I would hire a moving company. If I pay for the pinball through PayPal am I safe from fraud? Would PayPal protect me from fraud? ( Of let's say there is no real pinball machine. Your thoughts....

#2 1 year ago

I would use paypal as little as humanly possible myself.

#3 1 year ago

PayPal is quite safe for the one making the purchase. The problem might be to get a seller on Pinside to accept PayPal.

Mike V

#4 1 year ago

I have used it multiple times. Never an issue

#5 1 year ago

I have used PayPal to buy a machine out of state. I called PayPal first, explained the deal, and made the purchase. I think you are protected more as the buyer than as the seller. Good Luck either way.

#6 1 year ago

Use your CREDIT CARD to fund the Paypal purchase.

NOT a Debit Card, NOT your bank account.

^ read the above until it sinks in ^

DO NOT link Paypal to your bank account, if it's somehow linked, un-link it right now.

Your Credit Card company will go to bat for you against Paypal, your bank will not.

-

Most sellers won't take Paypal, because they know they will have a 100% loss from an unscrupulous **buyer**.

If this is a machine you found on a local Craigslist listing, but turns out to be located out of state at a great price - you will get your ass ripped........badly.

#7 1 year ago

Never gift with PayPal even if it's a gift

#8 1 year ago

CASH IN PERSON OR NOTHING

#9 1 year ago

I have had a Paypal account for 17 years with over 12,000 transaction both buying and selling. I used buyer protection twice and both times paypal covered my purchase. I always use it when shopping online, faster checkout and my credit card info isn't entered into a website.

#11 1 year ago

If you pay by paypal, does the seller right you up a receipt, or since I would be the buying it, do I put buying x game for x amount of money, shipping company will pick up .... etc... Anything do I need to have in there for my protection? Thanks for everyone's feedback.

#12 1 year ago

I have bought and sold machines with PayPal .. no problems

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from rtotans:

If you pay by paypal, does the seller right you up a receipt, or since I would be the buying it, do I put buying x game for x amount of money, shipping company will pick up .... etc... Anything do I need to have in there for my protection? Thanks for everyone's feedback.

When you pay for it, make sure it isn't paid as "friends and family". Sellers prefer that since they do not pay a fee however you will not be covered under buyer protection. List a full description of the machine under notes when making payment. Make sure it can be shipped quickly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.99
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside