(Topic ID: 347843)

Are You Planning To Spend More Or Less in 2024 On Pinball?Poll Inside!

By SantaEatsCheese

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you plan on spending more or less on Pinball in 2024?”

• I plan on spending more money in 2024 than I did in 2023. 40 votes
      14%
    • I spent more on pinball in 2023 than I plan to in 2024. 178 votes
      64%
    • About the same. 60 votes
      22%

(278 votes)

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 months ago

I'll be building a new house with a dedicated games room, does that count?

#52 7 months ago

An easy " less" for me this year. Think I bought 4 or so NIB in 2023, and nothing that I've heard about ecen remotelt intersts me ( well John Wick, but that's only one).
    I am living with sellers remorse, however, wanting my BSD back or one in similiar condition ( hard to find oddly). But less- final answer...

#53 7 months ago
    Quoted from NatalieB:

It’s confirmed as supported by sightings going into Stern last week for what is thought the photo shoot.

Good news!

#54 7 months ago

Without a doubt less for me in 2024, probably sell a couple next year.

#55 7 months ago

Getting pulp. Then I’m 1 in 1 out. So I’d say my buying will be samesies in 2024

#56 7 months ago

You know what they say about the best laid plans?

#57 7 months ago

I may make some trades this coming year, but probably no outright purchases unless it is a project.

#58 7 months ago

I love these kinds of polls and the comments. If you described the situation two years ago (prices have dropped and availability is excellent) but people are planning to spend less, they wouldn't believe you. But it all tracks and makes sense. Markets are fun to watch and understand!

#59 7 months ago

If the poll is any indication, this thread is what night terrors are comprised of from a sales and pipeline forecasting model if your financial livelihood is related to pinball.

#60 7 months ago
    Quoted from Retro4Life:

If the poll is any indication, this thread is what night terrors are comprised of from a sales and pipeline forecasting model if your financial livelihood is related to pinball.

This is what people “plan”, but as expensive as these games are, there is a whole lot of unplanned impulse buying that goes on here.

#61 7 months ago

Spending 0 , going to sell will sell

#62 7 months ago

In 2023 I probably spent about a net of $1,500 on pinball. Sold one machine for $600 and another for $900. Bought one for $1,950 and one for $875. Bought some replacement parts.

I’m guessing I will spend more money in 2024. Keeping my eye out for a bargain DMD (Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Demolition Man), bargain System 11 (Taxi, PinBot, Swords of Fury, Whirlwind), or an A list EM.

#63 7 months ago

Bought a NIB GZ Prem in 2023, plan to die in 2024, so, by default, less?

#65 7 months ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Bought a NIB GZ Prem in 2023, plan to die in 2024, so, by default, less?

Pardon my French, but Fuck cancer.

#66 7 months ago

I operate my pins, so they are business expenses/assets. My plan the last couple of years has been to buy two NIB games per year & pick up whatever older pins I find at a reasonable price. This plan has been working well for my business so no reason to change. If they weren't business purchases, I definitely wouldn't be buying NIB pins.

#67 7 months ago

Buyers market.

You can have more for less in 2024.

#68 7 months ago

Another Stranger Things and multiple versions of Jaws.
    2024 won’t be cheap.

#69 7 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

bargain System 11 (Taxi, PinBot, Swords of Fury, Whirlwind)

in my neck of the woods, none of those are really "bargains" anymore, and SoF and Whirlwind are the same or more than many WPC titles. "bargain" System 11's tend to be Police Force, Jokerz, or Road Kings.

#70 7 months ago

mc300baud I agree and hear you. Keeping an eye out for one of those System 11 stars at an affordable price. I’ll add Space Station and Mousin’ Around to the mix.

#71 7 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

I’ll add Space Station ... to the mix.

good luck! i picked mine up after playing one at the Pacific Pinball Museum years ago, and haven't regretted it in the least. for my money the overall best-looking System 11 and maybe the best audio package too, and near the top for gameplay.

#72 7 months ago
    Quoted from Retro4Life:

I don't know... this probably looks pretty good from an operator's perspective! More people going out to buy beers and drop coins instead of "taking the action home" or whatever the Stern Commercials are saying.

#73 7 months ago

2023 was a crazy year for us. Got our P3, shortly followed by ALL their modules&games including Final Resistance and Drained(7 modules & 20 games in total). Then CCrLE finally arrived, then BoF went and announced our holy grail, so bought that too (had it for 2 weeks now). Only 6 spots and Lab was not planned for. Something needs to go, likely STTNG or WOZ. STTNG chilling in the garage pending that decision.

For 2024 my guess is maybe 1 P3 module next year and that’s it, unless Jaws is sooooo mind blowing we just have to get it, which I think is not likely. Stern has a way of cheapening awesome theme potential since they don’t like spending on the BoM or quality parts. I think my wallet is safe but would love to get proven wrong TBH.

#74 7 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know... this probably looks pretty good from an operator's perspective!

as an operator, the market is pretty saturated in a lot of places. lower costs to acquire might help, but if games aren't earning much then it won't be worth it to stock up, just churn the machines a bit to keep things fresh which means selling back into a soft market too. there's a point at which the time and investment on $7k games (or even $3500 games) isn't just worth it if they're gonna make only $25/month.

#75 7 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know... this probably looks pretty good from an operator's perspective! More people going out to buy beers and drop coins instead of "taking the action home" or whatever the Stern Commercials are saying.

I was referring to the pinball manufactures and their distributors. I should have been more specific.

#76 7 months ago

Could break out of where I’m now but just too frugal. Will probably have a couple Wade Krause playfields installed and that’s it.

#77 7 months ago

Purchased one NIB and one used pin. Purchased two arcade games Burgertime and a Qbert. 2024 we are moving to a less expensive state to live in due to the cost of living in the Northeast.

#78 7 months ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Purchased one NIB and one used pin. Purchased two arcade games Burgertime and a Qbert. 2024 we are moving to a less expensive state to live in due to the cost of living in the Northeast.

North Dakota or Wyoming?

#79 7 months ago
    Quoted from underlord:

North Dakota or Wyoming?

Probably southern states, where it's warm.

#80 7 months ago
    Quoted from underlord:

North Dakota or Wyoming?

I lived in North Carolina until 2014 when I moved to Massachusetts and got married. My wife is ready to move south and enjoy some warmer weather.

#81 7 months ago

My property taxes went up 25% this year along with insurance, utilities, payroll for my employees, and input costs for my business. Not much $ left for fun things. Taking a year off buying anything new that isn't needed. I have a feeling I am not alone in this boat. I have no debt and never intend on having any again.

#82 7 months ago

Our property taxes went up everywhere but in Colorado they doubled. DOUBLED. Appealed and they told us to pound sand. Sorry for off topic.

#83 7 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

Our property taxes went up everywhere but in Colorado they doubled. DOUBLED. Appealed and they told us to pound sand. Sorry for off topic.

Colorado is out of control. They have no cap on the amount they can raise assessed values. Florida is one of the best if you have a homestead filed. The most they can raise assed values is 3% per year or CPI, whatever is LOWER. My FLorida home went up 20% because I didn't have a homestead. My Indiana home went up 25% with a homestead. Will be selling Indiana home next year after my Commissioner position ends. It cost me more in taxes to be an Indiana resident than my elected position pays. Florida- here I come.

#84 7 months ago

Our Florida went up a good bit but we don't have homestead there

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.