(Topic ID: 203736)

Are you paying $1.00 a game to play pinball in your area?

By dcannan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fish1975tx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“will you pay $1.00 to play one game of pinball”

• yes it's worth it 74 votes
      54%
    • yes. but I'll play less 39 votes
      28%
    • wish i could but can't afford it 1 vote
      1%
    • no 23 votes
      17%

(Multiple choice - 137 votes by 134 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FC72FAD1-4DB1-49AF-AB5C-BB8020634B9D (resized).png
    6697F2B9-B335-4B6E-8359-259A5D504534 (resized).jpeg
    SternRepReferralScreenshot (resized).jpg
    IMG_3258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3257 (resized).JPG
    Drinking (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

On the face of it, having barcades and other venues bundling their pinball prices into a door fee or drinks seems advantageous for the player. Yet, these sorts of venues placing games on free play or at nominal prices drives other operators away from pinball. So you might have more destination locations in a metro area, but fewer overall locations of traditionally priced games scattered all over the map. Most operators aren't going to be too keen on placing a $1 pinball machine within an easy drive of these free or cheap play venues.

I get it, but MAN I LOVE CIDERCADE in Dallas, I can’t wait to go back! Fantastic lineup of games!

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

We are very lucky in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area.
    Versus Gameplay (Stern Army location) in Plano, TX has a $10 entry ($20 day pass) and all games are on free play. Right now, seven pinball machines are available. Stern Aerosmith Pro, Stern Meteor, Stern Star Wars Pro, Bally Four Million BC, Bally Paragon, Bally Shadow and Gottlieb Atlantis. Stern Guardians of Galaxy Pro and Bally Future Spa are expected in December.
    Nickelrama Arcade (Stern Army Location) in Garland TX has a $3.00 entry fee and $0.20 (twenty cents) per game. They have all of the latest machines, including JJP Dialed In, Hobbit, and WOZ as well as Stern Star Wars, Aerosmith, Batman 66, Ghostbusters, Game Of Thrones, Kiss, Metallica, Walking Dead, Spider-Man VE, Mustang and Star Trek. Guardians Of The Galaxy Pro will be joining the collection in December.
    Cidercade in Dallas, TX has a $10.00 entry and all games are on free play. They have LE/premium versions of many of the latest Sterns and JJP games. They also have some 90s DMD games. 26+ Pins in all I believe.
    Freeplay Richardson and Arlington has a $10.00 entry all games are on free play. I am not sure of the lineup, but there are at least 6-10 pinball machines at each location I believe.
    Cinemark 17 in Dallas, TX has machines on token play. Believe it is 2 tokens per game.
    We are definitely blessed in the DFW Area.
    Marcus

Honestly, the pinball and the Texas BBQ is why i can’t wait to get back to DFW lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tacshose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-paying-100-a-game-to-play-pinball-in-your-area?tu=tacshose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.