(Topic ID: 185543)

Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018? POLL

By pinlink

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018 regarding the $1 entry fee?”

• YES 217 votes
      50%
    • NO 213 votes
      50%

(430 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MeanMeanest (resized).jpg
    85c588a29c8804b1e95223ed060880e7_one-dollar-bob-on-make-a-gif-one-dollar-bob-gif_320-180 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.40.48 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4979 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1567 (resized).png
    bop (resized).jpg
    large_uAvG211cGNKSFyPzXFVMZzjkBB8 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    1mlwhh (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Charge a yearly administrative fee of $5 paid through the IFPA website. If you pay you get ranked in all the tournaments you play on for the year. If you don't pay your points will count as if you played in the tournament so other players don't get screwed over but you cannot see your points on the website

I know I can't change the tracks on the Josh Train, but this is the way I would go.

Set up IFPA as a charitable foundation. (I'm not 100% with USA laws but that'd seem the way to go)

Make it $5 or $10 annual donation to be a member of IFPA. Clever computer guys like Brian Shepherd or Lucas from NYC could easily set up an auto mail out with a PayPal link. All automatic.

The people who donate the bucks have their ranking points listed for the year. If you don't, your name is at the bottom of the list as "inactive"

If 10,000 of the 40,000+ on the IFPA site donate $10, that's $100,000. Don't forget, this would attract money worldwide, not just in the USA/Canada Eh.

As a charity, the IFPA can distribute the funds as it sees fit. Some to the world champs, some to SCS, some to Pinmasters, Woman's, whatever!

Seems like a lot more simple and less labour intensive way of doing things....

My philosophy in business, or whatever I do, is KISS ... keep it simple stupid. The easiest path is generally the way to go.

rd

#276 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The problem with Dave's numbers are that they aren't reality. Out of our 50,000 players, only 4,000 of them have "registered" accounts (this meaning we have their email on file). Somehow thinking that more players will pay an annual fee to be on the website when they already aren't registering for free doesn't line up with me

4000 = 10% of registered players probably sounds about right. We have 300 IFPA players in NZ and I would say 50 of them are really committed so just over 10%.

In saying that, 4000 x $10 per each = $40,000 which is still a bundle of cash.

You may be surprised how many others sign up to pay the $10 when their points magically disappear ...

rd

3 weeks later
    #502 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Past that, maybe pot dispensaries?

From what I've seen in the USA, they don't need to advertise.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-in-favor-of-the-ifpa-changes-for-2018-poll?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.