(Topic ID: 185543)

Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018? POLL

By pinlink

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018 regarding the $1 entry fee?”

• YES 217 votes
      50%
    • NO 213 votes
      50%

(430 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MeanMeanest (resized).jpg
    85c588a29c8804b1e95223ed060880e7_one-dollar-bob-on-make-a-gif-one-dollar-bob-gif_320-180 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.40.48 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4979 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1567 (resized).png
    bop (resized).jpg
    large_uAvG211cGNKSFyPzXFVMZzjkBB8 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    1mlwhh (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

ndecided. We will likely keep the $20 fee per SCS qualifier so we can "guarantee" bigger prize pools. All the endorsement funds collected would simply add to the total we've seen in previous years.
    Should we generate enough funds to show it's working then we'll dump the $20 fee going forward from there.

This doesn't make sense to me if you are trying to pay out everyone who makes state, if they are paying in $20 more, then what is their payout for making state? Pay $20 then get $16 back for 16th place or something lol. I thought this was going to make getting to state a payout not a buy-in again after paying a buck all year? I guess maybe for states that don't run enough events to pay out the whole top 16? I dunno. If I am guaranteed a payout but am also paying to play in it that just seems silly.

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

So let me get this straight. People in WI have been playing free tourneys for a while now and the possibility of having to pay $1 is going to make them not want to play anymore? Seems pretty cheap considering the amount of work that the IFPA people are doing for all their meetups.
    Too bad they don't have the cheapskates emoticon yet.

no, I think one of the main points for WI is it is illegal to have any payouts at all and this puts their TDs in a sticky situation and is also why the events there are all free currently.

Also, its super shitty to internet shame people over money because everyone has different incomes and there is the ability to participate in this hobby at all ranges of financial wealth.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jdawg4422:

Do the points for the tourney still count as 25 players or now is it only considered 12 players because those are the only ones wanting to pay the fee?

Only those who pay the fee will be counted to the tournament. So yes, if only 12 paid only 12 people will show up and the tournament will only be valued as 12 people in it. if the top 13 don't pay then 14th place will be awarded the victory.

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Every tournament, at every level, has a sizable chunk of the field contributing money who have no chance of winning that small tournament.

Like YOU tonight at your tourny! I'm coming for ya WPPRS RYAN!!!!!

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i wonder what all 5 wyoming players think of this, being that our state isn't even recognized by the IFPA?

You dont have any events. It would be easy to start having some. I tried to talk Bob into running events and leagues when he opened up Flippers but I dont think he cares. Someone local should do them there tho with his blessing.

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

yeah, i know. why do you think we come down to play in CO with you guys? flippers has a great selection, that place would probably be the only suitable candidate in the state. Seems it gets mostly kids and families that want to play the arcade games though.

I know if they held events at Flippers a few of us in Fort Collins would support the effort for sure. Trick is getting Bob involved. He doesn't even respond to me anymore when I tell him what issues his route games up here have so I don't even bother trying to help anymore lol. He has a Congo on location that hasnt had a ball in the lower playfield for over a year haha

#334 7 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Signed prints are available for $1

Frax isn't traveling man

#341 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Statements of fact don't warrant sarcasm tag?

I was assuming his pic of you was to say you were ranked in the "new" Wisconsin ratings, but you would never travel there hah.

#484 7 years ago

most large tournaments have a line in the rules that it is up to the TD to determine if there is a restriction needed for a player who may not fall into the ifpa ranking that they set for the A,B etc. restrictions. I would hope no real TD would let Bowen play in anything but A lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-in-favor-of-the-ifpa-changes-for-2018-poll?tu=infinitelives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.