(Topic ID: 185543)

Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018? POLL

By pinlink

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you in favor of the IFPA changes for 2018 regarding the $1 entry fee?”

• YES 217 votes
      50%
    • NO 213 votes
      50%

(430 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    MeanMeanest (resized).jpg
    85c588a29c8804b1e95223ed060880e7_one-dollar-bob-on-make-a-gif-one-dollar-bob-gif_320-180 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 3.40.48 PM (resized).png
    IMG_4979 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1567 (resized).png
    bop (resized).jpg
    large_uAvG211cGNKSFyPzXFVMZzjkBB8 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    1mlwhh (resized).jpg

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Best bet for sponsorship would be from alcohol companies IMO, PBR seems to be "getting it".
    I think they might be one of the few industries that could really see how it could benefit them and their customers. Past that, maybe pot dispensaries?

Problem is the pot just sells itself.

#502 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Past that, maybe pot dispensaries?

From what I've seen in the USA, they don't need to advertise.

rd

#503 6 years ago

Still 52% approval. Wonder how that poll would look if it were on Bowen's facebook page?

#504 6 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Still 52% approval. Wonder how that poll would look if it were on Bowen's facebook page?

He has me blocked so I wouldn't know

#505 6 years ago

when some people say the $$$ will benefit the "elite" players in each state, how is that? the top 16 in many states for the scs this past year were not the "best" players in order 1 through 16 at all in each state and some of the better players didn't even make the top 16. Since there is not a cap on events/points and some tds manipulate the system greatly, its not the top 16 in order of "elite" or skill level at all. So now with the $1 fee the 16 people who play at the scs event in each state, if all spots pay down, the lower skilled players will now get a nice chunk of change even finishing last where as before they wouldn't get anything at all. With the fee, it may actually increase attendance and events even more now since worthy stakes will be made no matter if you finish first or last. It does get costly traveling all over even within a state for a year worth of events. Those who argue that are just in it for the "FUN" of it, pass your winnings along to another and if you are in it just for the "fun" why are you even voting or caring about ifpa points at all? Have a small local tourney or gatherings at your house, no coin drop, no ifpa points , no entry fees, no money for payouts and have a blast. provide food, games, expenses out of your pocket and make it fun fun fun! its what i'm hearing some people say. entitled, want want want but don't want to give, help or support. kinda like the same people who complain about events but never have events of their own, or bring games to events, or help. wow! you don't like whats going on, make your own rank system, put in all the time and effort all for free.

#507 6 years ago

Are these subject to the 1$ fee? Other than that specific possibility, I really like this idea. It's not going to be worth dick for points, but hey, it's something, and since there's no 30 day restriction, could I in theory just say "Hey, I'll be at xyz location on xy date, anyone that wants to have a throwdown can show up and play best of 7!"

*edit* Ugh, stupid words lol. I guess this only affects RATINGS not RANKINGS. Is there some bigger plan for using "Ratings" in the future?

#508 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Are these subject to the 1$ fee? Other than that specific possibility, I really like this idea. It's not going to be worth dick for points, but hey, it's something, and since there's no 30 day restriction, could I in theory just say "Hey, I'll be at xyz location on xy date, anyone that wants to have a throwdown can show up and play best of 7!"
    *edit* Ugh, stupid words lol. I guess this only affects RATINGS not RANKINGS. Is there some bigger plan for using "Ratings" in the future?

These matches are FREE, and have nothing to do with the endorsement fee.

We have some ideas for bigger plans with the Ratings metric in the future but waiting to see if this takes off or not.

I like the idea of people hanging out and playing together, while this option is available with no notice needed to us for any given night.

With the impending death of the WPPR system who knows .... This could be the IFPA true ranking system of the future

#509 6 years ago

I'm not trying to be a wise ass- but i dont get the benefit of this. If two players decide to play a best of 7 match they can submit it for what will probably be a miniscule amount of points? Why would anyone take the time to do this?

#510 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I'm not trying to be a wise ass- but i dont get the benefit of this. If two players decide to play a best of 7 match they can submit it for what will probably be a miniscule amount of points? Why would anyone take the time to do this?

It's not for WPPR points. It's for the IFPA Ratings system (a completely separate metric that we track).

That list by RATING is available here:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/overall.php?s=r&t=100

#511 6 years ago

Yeah my rating is waaaaay lower than my RANKING. Haha. Can't really see it taking off except with new players to get some results in to be worth full points, which is okay. I could take a new player, get them closer to full point value, teach them some games and get some practice in myself. The results are basically irrelevant other than e-peen..

#512 6 years ago

Amateur WPRR makes no sense...
    It's hard enough to explain the concept of tournament or "pro" pinball...

6 months later
    #513 6 years ago

I would suggest looking at USABMX website and how they rank players in different tiers. Novice, Intermediate, Expert, Pro. If the extra fees helped to support better competition among different skill levels, that would be a positive outcome?

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-in-favor-of-the-ifpa-changes-for-2018-poll/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.