(Topic ID: 308800)

Are you happier now than a year ago this week?

By Lamberger

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you happier now than a year ago this week?”

• better 56 votes
      62%
    • worse 34 votes
      38%

(90 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FG (resized).jpg
    E847B229-865C-4F85-B33F-67458AEC288A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20211128_232437 (resized).jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

authentic frontier gibberish

lmao nice Blazing Saddles reference.

#52 2 years ago

On a whole, things are average. This year is worse than last year, but better than next year.

#53 2 years ago

I think I am happier this week than a year ago last week but not as happy as 3 weeks prior to that when I was not as happy as 5 weeks ago.

Then again last week I was happier than a 6 weeks before that and anyways last year sucked dog balls.

#54 2 years ago

Worse. My work went 100% remote, same woman, same house, same a lot of things. And those are all great.

Where it falls down for me is I miss my extended family. I miss live shows, pinball tournaments, travel, dinners, gatherings, cousins, my sister, all kinds of things. I'm really looking forward to the first family gathering after this is done.

#55 2 years ago

I've been unemployed since early August. I really need to get back to work but not working for the bag of dicks I worked for 7 years has been great. I still have bad dreams about that job. Most unprofessional person I ever met, terribly boring work as well. I would have jumped back into the workforce sooner but my father in law died and my son was in a motorcycle accident. I'm going to change careers and will likely get my Class A license. My two eldest sons did it and they're enjoying it. Or if someone has a job in the central valley......

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

A year ago we made one of the biggest decisions in our lives.
    After living on the coast of California our entire lives, my wife and I sold our home and moved not only us but our daughter and her family to Utah.
    Without getting into divisive topics, we are all so much more happier and relaxed. Summers are pretty hot but whenever we miss the beach or our friends, we jump in the car and spend a few days in our former hometown. The quality of life here is absolutely amazing.
    Much happier.

We did the same, moved out of the DC area to the tranquil Shenandoah Valley about 2 months before the pandemic started. best decision we ever made.

#57 2 years ago

Why do I get the funny feeling you don't know the difference between patriotism and nationalism?

#58 2 years ago

Stock market had a good year and added a pin. Would’ve liked if people grew to be a little nicer, but no dice there. Overall, a good year.

#59 2 years ago

I left my miserable job in healthcare administration that was sucking the life out of me and went back to working intensive care (RN). Been traveling to various hospitals working exclusively ICU. There's not much I can say other than It's far worse than you can imagine. But despite everything, I'm more energized to come to work now than I ever was at my previous job. And it doesn't hurt that the current pay is insane. Wife and kids are all healthy, kids are in sch ool. Life is overall good for me right now. Hoping to buy a few more pins, just as soon as the pricing bubble bursts, which according to the almost daily threads, will be any day now.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-happier-now-than-a-year-ago-this-week/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.