• Only if there are mods like on AFM 11 votes
    4%

(255 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image001 (resized).jpg
3F50B727-D30A-4512-A2C4-222C5D70D185.jpeg
IMG-20171221-WA0014 (resized).jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

So it seems like we´r getting MBr announced in two months, are you gonna order one?

This it my DREAM/ONLY remake i will order

#4 6 years ago

my wife just told me about two week ago this was her favorite pin. It could be my first NIB.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul1478:

my wife just told me about two week ago this was her favorite pin. It could be my first NIB.

You should surprise your wife with a NIB

#6 6 years ago

Nope, but only because I’ve got an original!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Me too, but if I didn't have an original, I'd be in for an MBR for sure. It's such a fun game with killer art and toys. Get one while you can!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Me too, but if I didn't have an original, I'd be in for an MBR for sure. It's such a fun game with killer art and toys. Get one while you can!

100%!!! I’ve seen some Pinsiders dumping on it recently because they didn’t think it was deep enough and was too easy (uh, put the settings on hard). I have deep games, but I also want games to be fun!

#10 6 years ago

90/10 Yes/No

As long as the future wife likes it, yes. She started with AFM and now loves CFTBL, so if she likes MB at TPF, then yes I will.

It's much more fun to play pinball with family, and I'll consider nearly ANY game she says she likes. That being said, GoT and MBr both coming home this year.

#11 6 years ago

No

#12 6 years ago

Maybe...Depends on pricing, options, etc.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ditto. Was the same with MM and AFM. Now it they do CC..then I'll be looking for an original one of those if people start dumping them.

#14 6 years ago

I was going to, but I ended up buying an original in April of last year.

#16 6 years ago

maybe with MBr people will realize how overrated the game is then.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

maybe with MBr people will realize how overrated the game is then.

In what respect?

Monster Bash has a great theme, art, layout, sounds, music, callouts & humor. I like it that the bash toys move into place during the appropriate modes vs other pins where they just sit there all the time.

I considered selling my MB for a while when the remake was rumored, but the game is just too much fun to let go of.

#18 6 years ago

It depends on how good Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle is, it’s looking like that could be the better pin.

#19 6 years ago

No..... because I want an AFMr instead

#20 6 years ago

I've got an original at the house, I'll get an SE (if they do the same model again) for location.

#21 6 years ago

No. Even if it wasn't a money issue, I would still likely pass. Rather have a AFMr. Curious what the price will be. I wouldn't be surprised if much higher than AFMr.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

No. Even if it wasn't a money issue, I would still likely pass. Rather have a AFMr. Curious what the price will be. I wouldn't be surprised if much higher than AFMr.

why should it be much higher?
i hope it gets a big screen also, ala AFM.
Im okey with the code, such a fun pin/gameplay/artwork/music awesome callouts, anyone that feels the game gets old fast? ive had MB couple of times, never got boared of it.
Original prices in europe has dumped, hos is the situation in the US?

#23 6 years ago

No I will be looking for an original.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

No I will be looking for an original.

why?

#25 6 years ago

Because I personally think it's better quality and don't have to worry about light board issues that is the main thing that concerns me.

#26 6 years ago

Allright, remakes have light board trouble?=

Also ive read long ago, that flippers had some delay like visual pin, is this true, or is it solved?

#27 6 years ago

Nope. Will buy a BBBr though.

#28 6 years ago

I’m in on an MBr! Hopefully this will be remake #3.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Also ive read long ago, that flippers had some delay like visual pin, is this true, or is it solved?

There is a variable flipper delay on the remakes on the order of 1-4 ms, just like the original.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-remakes-dont-play-like-originals

#30 6 years ago

I just don't like Monster Bash. The sounds bug the hell out of me.

#31 6 years ago

Yes!!! Number matched to my MMr and AFMr, but I need to sell something to make room. Might be bye bye ghostbusters

#32 6 years ago

Maybe.

I have a MMR and am happy with it, but played several AFMR on location or at shows and didn't like the feel. I own an original so it may just be the familiarity with my game that has tainted my feelings for AFMR.

I do not own, nor have had a ton of time on a specific MB so don't think there will be that "feel" issue and the gameplay is fun. I expect the price point to be pretty high though so that has to be taken into account and the longer I am in this hobby the more I gravitate towards the bang for your buck games, i.e. $400 for a Meteor over 8k for a JJP title.

I am looking forward to what they do with Cactus Canyon and Kingpin and would be more inclined towards either of those two titles. Something about sliding a Kingpin out of the box just gets me excited.

#33 6 years ago

I am interested in a new monster bash. I think this is a great thing. Just being able to choose to buy the game new as well as so many excellent games now. Its makes me wish i could buy more.

I have very little money, but my acquisitions will look like this:

AFM or remake
Tron
open slot.

I have so many choices. It makes me want to open my own arcade. That would be epic.

#34 6 years ago

I am 90% yes as well. depending on price and value. love my AFMr...

#35 6 years ago

I want to play Alice Cooper first.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yes!!! Number matched to my MMr and AFMr, but I need to sell something to make room. Might be bye bye ghostbusters

sell me your TNA and problem solved.

#37 6 years ago

Allready had a restored one.....and i dont miss it at all especially for 8-9k......

#38 6 years ago

No thank you.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

why should it be much higher?
i hope it gets a big screen also, ala AFM.
Im okey with the code, such a fun pin/gameplay/artwork/music awesome callouts, anyone that feels the game gets old fast? ive had MB couple of times, never got boared of it.
Original prices in europe has dumped, hos is the situation in the US?

It seems like prices have come down but that is probably due to rumors of the remake. It's still a very expensive game where nice ones can be over $10000. That and the fact that MB has a lot of features makes me think the remake will be more expensive. It's a great theme and fun to play. I wouldn't mind having one but not at those prices. I am happy for all those that can afford the remake and have been wanting a MB.

#40 6 years ago

Like anything else of interest, under consideration. Most likely decision will come after seeing and playing at expo whatever year that may be.

That's how I ended up with my AFMr.

#41 6 years ago

Holding out for NGGr

#42 6 years ago

UDefinite possibility, may be my first nib. All depends on price.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

In what respect?
Monster Bash has a great theme, art, layout, sounds, music, callouts & humor. I like it that the bash toys move into place during the appropriate modes vs other pins where they just sit there all the time.
I considered selling my MB for a while when the remake was rumored, but the game is just too much fun to let go of.

For me at least it gets very old fast. It is very easy to progress in, which does give a one more game type of feel I will admit. Just for the cash I feel like there are better options.

I feel the same way about SM and TAF however they both cost less than MB generally. It seems most A-titles end up getting old fast for me.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

100%!!! I’ve seen some Pinsiders dumping on it recently because they didn’t think it was deep enough and was too easy (uh, put the settings on hard). I have deep games, but I also want games to be fun!

This is what scares me and i normally dont listen to much of what people say on here but the talk about MB being not much fun concerns me a little I wont lie. I was originally a 100% yes on MBR and very excited but now im 50/50 at best and wondering if i wouldnt be better off buying a MMR or an AFMR. MB is kind of a dream theme for me though because i love Monsters, but the game has to be fun no matter what. Between MB, MMR, and AFMR, Monster Bash is by far my favorite theme of the three.......decisions decisions.

#46 6 years ago

I just don't have that kind of money to spend on one pin. Good for those that do though.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is what scares me and i normally dont listen to much of what people say on here but the talk about MB being not much fun concerns me a little I wont lie. I was originally a 100% yes on MBR and very excited but now im 50/50 at best and wondering if i wouldnt be better off buying a MMR or an AFMR. MB is mind of a dream theme for me though because i love Monsters, but the game has to be fun no matter what. Between MB, MMR, and AFMR, Monster Bash is by far my favorite theme of the three.......decisions decisions.

It’s really fun, it’s a fast game, and it’s one you can get a good quick game going; you can choose to make it hard by updating the settings, and by going for some of the more difficult goals - Mosh Before Bash, for example. But it’s not Hobbit deep/ DI deep. It’s more of a “general audience” game I’d say. It’s always the go-to game when people come over, and they like it more than my more complex games. And it’s fun as hell

#48 6 years ago

One thing about monster bash.

My local league the Orange County pinball league is a great league.

So a few years ago, I was playing a game of monster bash. I was doing good I thought. I have never been that good at the game or played it much.

So I got about 15 million on my first ball which is not bad for me. Then the next guy steps up. He beats me every time on this, now.

He said, I'm sorry this game I don't even really like it, but I have great games.

And then he got forty million on that ball.

And he had beat me every time since.

So I can definitely use the practice...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s really fun, it’s a fast game, and it’s one you can get a good quick game going; you can choose to make it hard by updating the settings, and by going for some of the more difficult goals - Mosh Before Bash, for example. But it’s not Hobbit deep/ DI deep. It’s more of a “general audience” game I’d say. It’s always the go-to game when people come over, and they like it more than my more complex games. And it’s fun as hell

Had my mb set up as hard as possible ... hard setrings, open outlanes,' extra balls off., steep angle and waxed weekly and most people that came over ...even my friends who dont play pinball got pretty far onto it and had longer games. Not a bad thing but in a'smaller collection with decent players it tends to get old quickly from my experience.

#50 6 years ago

100% yes. I’m going to get the le.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-gonna-buy-mbr?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.