(Topic ID: 213467)

Are you going to MGC (midwest gaming classic)? WTHN?

By Whysnow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you going to MGC?”

• Yes 8 votes
      28%
    • Hell Yes!!!! 2 votes
      7%
    • Heeelllllllll YYeeahhesss!! 12 votes
      41%
    • Nah, I make lame excuses 7 votes
      24%

(29 votes)

#1 6 years ago

www.midwestgamingclassic.com
    Located in downtown Milwaukee, WI
    April 13th-15th
    Possibly the largest gaming show ever this year due to the new space.
    Easy access to Milwaukee from almost all major airports.
    Room for over 400+ pinball machines (can we fill the new space in 1 year?)
    Hundreds of arcades
    Thousands of counsel and board games
    Cosplay
    Hundreds of vendors
    Stern/Marco with all the new title in a huge booth (first chance to play Maiden?)
    KingPin Games showing off Spooky/JJP/AP/GCG games
    Spooky themselves (play newest code on ACNC and buy one before they sell out?; order a TNA from Scott himself?)
    All the pinheads you want to see and hang with
    Tons of pinball VIPs and celebrities
    Multiple pinball tournaments
    Contests for best games
    Multiple afterparties
    Great WI hosts
    Tons more.

Serious question? Are you going? and if not, Why The Hell Not?

#2 6 years ago

If you are thinking of making the trip last minute, I was just checking flights for the fun of it.

You can still fly in to MKE direct form most major cities for under $250
    notable cheap flights:
    Denver for $100
    Seattle for $230
    Dal for $250
    NYC for $250
    Atl for $270
    Minn for $200

Multiple hotels in the immediate area and even a few rooms still in the attached hotels for cheap.

Rental car is not really needed since you can uber to the show and walkable for multiple restaurants and outside fun

Bring the family and even if they need other things to do, MKE has lots going on. Museums, music, entertainment, etc...

#3 6 years ago

If you have not been before, MGC is ELECTRIC!

Something about all the different groups of nerds getting together for one xmas style weekend of full on nerd and the cross polination is seriously amazing to be part of.

If you can bring a game then they really reward the game bringers with a special after party on Sat.
    If you cant bring a game then no worries as there are so many other after parties that you are in for a treat.

Keep in mind that at last check there were still a few special Fridat tickets for Tom Taylors colleciton available. If you combine that with the MGC games, then this is for sure the most pinball in one single show. I think Toms private collection is over 300? and they are all great and mostly rare titles you wont see elsewhere.

MGC games themsleves are often full of all the A, B, C, and D listers and typically super high quality players as the local community puts a lot of pride into their games and the show.

#4 5 years ago

if you have Kiddos, then sounds like there will be a bunch of kiddie rides for them to check out this year also???

What else am I forgetting for the show?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

if you have Kiddos, then sounds like there will be a bunch of kiddie rides for them to check out this year also???
    What else am I forgetting for the show?

looks like about 15-20 kiddie rides! should be a lot of fun!

#6 5 years ago

Me and my Father will be going for one day... I would love to do more than a day as I love retro arcade games too... But, I think I'm mostly just going to play pinball, because you can emulate most arcade games reasonably well, and I figure this would be a great chance to play a lot of pinball machines you'll never ever really get a chance to see in person. But, you could attend all three days and even if you didn't eat, or go to the bathroom, and just played machine after machine, you wouldn't even get close to playing all the pinball machines that will be there... That is insane!!! And I'm looking forward to it.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

looks like about 15-20 kiddie rides! should be a lot of fun!

that is going to be very cool to see. While I dont have any kids, it is cool to see them all so happy!

#8 5 years ago

It's definitely not to be missed. I go every year with three of my buddies & we get our nerd on. We have a good time every year playing pinball & random arcade games. The retro gaming portion of MGC is really fun also.

Quoted from Diospinball:

But, you could attend all three days and even if you didn't eat, or go to the bathroom, and just played machine after machine, you wouldn't even get close to playing all the pinball machines that will be there... That is insane!!!

Challenge Accepted!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

It's definitely not to be missed. I go every year with three of my buddies & we get our nerd on. We have a good time every year playing pinball & random arcade games. The retro gaming portion of MGC is really fun also.

Challenge Accepted!

Then consider the gauntlet thrown... Me and my father want to play as many pins as possible. But, in all likelihood we'll play about 40-80. As we go to a pinball parlor every month that has like 30 games and we play there for 3-5 hours and not once have we played on all the games in the place. Most of the time we get to half to 2/3 of the games. I mean if you want to just play one game and then move on that wouldn't take too long. But, I'd like to actually get to experience the machine and get the feel for it and then move on. And that takes 2-4 games... At least for me it does. I'm not some grand pinball master. I need to get acclimated to a machine and learn how the ball reacts and bounces and then I can have fun with her.

#10 5 years ago

always fun to try to play them all!

#11 5 years ago

polls need more votes

#12 5 years ago

I can't wait! I even have 3 friends coming who have never gone before!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-going-to-mgc-midwest-gaming-classic-wthn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.