(Topic ID: 230822)

Are you going to buy MET/AS/KISS after the big updates?

By Shapeshifter

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4EA6945B-91DC-4AAF-9C1D-4CFC87E72E2A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interesting that all the code updates have made the games easier.
    Maybe Stern realizes that most owners haven't a chance in hell of finishing some of these games and you need to be a tournament player to finish them?
    Encore in AC/DC for example?
    Makes sense as tournament players can tweak settings to make harder, whereas many owners aren't really aware of adjustments etc.

Ironically most people I talk to refuse to make a game easier by lowering requirements to reach something.
    - they view it as cheating
    - but if Stern lowers the requirement, then it's great and makes the game better
    I agree that you could be "cheating" if you make it too easy. But if you're experienced enough IMO you can tell when something is unrealistically hard (at least for where you're at), so changing a setting to be easier is the right move to make the game better (for you). Just factor that in when bragging about your high scores

Steve Ritchie himself told me to lower the requirement of changing songs in AC/DC from 8 to 5 to make the game more fun - which makes Encore much more realistic, but still not easy by any means. The question is who is "Man Enough" to take Steve Ritchie's advise? Most of my friends wouldn't do it - they're just too proud. But again, if Stern changed the default they'd be all excited. Ironically, excited about something they had the power to do themselves for the last 6 years! And they totally knew they could make the change, but refused because they didn't want to cheat.

They put the options in the menu for a reason.

Also, for those of you that think it's cheating - what about:
    - different outlane settings
    - different inclines
    - different rubber
    - dirty games in need of flipper rebuilds
    - extra ball settings
    - other variations on a game - like guide rails bent/aligned differently

---- All of the above can totally make 1 game much easier/harder than another instance of the same title

IMO make the wizard mode difficult to get too, but not impossible for your skill level
    -- BTW for me, not impossible would mean I could get to it at least once in a years time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-going-to-buy-met-as-kiss-after-the-big-updates?tu=T7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.