• 235 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are You Buying POTC”

• Heck yeah, already have it pre-ordered! The playfield, artwork, and gameplay look amazing. Who cares if there is no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts? 73 votes
    28%
  • Probably. I have not put down a refundable pre-order yet. I am waiting to see what the final game looks like. Limited license rights is somewhat concerning, but it is not a deal killer. 38 votes
    15%
  • Probably not. Limited license rights and incorporation of licensed material has me greatly concerned. But I am still holding out hope that JJP incorporates more into the game in the final product. 30 votes
    11%
  • There is no way I am paying $9.5K for a pin themed on a 5-movie franchise with no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts other than Mr. Gibbs. 120 votes
    46%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F5A25B93-CF99-4067-99B3-50AD6DFB6E1F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I was insanely hot to buy it the weekend it was unveiled. I talked with a few distributors, watched every video and interview posted, and read every thread here about it. (And thought Omg i have to pre-order or else I'll be waiting half a year to get one)

Now that I've returned to reality, I'm planning on trying to play it pre release and make my decision then.

I'd have to sell my TAF to make room for it, but I'm thinking it might be a great for my single pin collection.

The lack of clips and sounds from the movies don't bother me. I don't even like the films very much. Im hoping as pins go, it will be among the very best. I can't say say that about the film (I've only seen the first one and don't plan on seeing any others) Now if they made a Donnie Brosco themed pin with depp's Call outs, I'm in! Lol

#20 6 years ago

I had a chance to play 8 or 10 games on JJPotc today at the automated event in Connecticut. Jack was there and having met him for the first time I must say he is quite the gentleman and a great embassador for pinball. I even saw him playing GOTG.

There were several DI'S there as well including a CE which I had never seen before and was impressed. It also felt the most refined of the DI'S I've played- but not sure why. After playing this and an LE with latest code today I feel like DI is the best shooter out there and a layout that was truly Dialed in over the 3 years Lawlor supposedly worked on it.

JJPotc is a fantastic game even though it was only a prototype and standard edition and early code. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. They did a great job designing a fast playing wide body.

I really want a JJPotc LE or a DI. And will have to reflect on the day to decide. I just wish I had the room and the cash for both!

#37 6 years ago

I was also thinking the ideal 2 machine collection would be DI and JJPOTC, but not having the space, I'll have to choose one or the other. Besides there a new electrostatic speaker I may want to buy that's about the price of a JJP pin (and actually quite a bargain at that price for the level of performance!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-buying-potc?tu=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.