• 235 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are You Buying POTC”

• Heck yeah, already have it pre-ordered! The playfield, artwork, and gameplay look amazing. Who cares if there is no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts? 73 votes
    28%
  • Probably. I have not put down a refundable pre-order yet. I am waiting to see what the final game looks like. Limited license rights is somewhat concerning, but it is not a deal killer. 38 votes
    15%
  • Probably not. Limited license rights and incorporation of licensed material has me greatly concerned. But I am still holding out hope that JJP incorporates more into the game in the final product. 30 votes
    11%
  • There is no way I am paying $9.5K for a pin themed on a 5-movie franchise with no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts other than Mr. Gibbs. 120 votes
    46%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F5A25B93-CF99-4067-99B3-50AD6DFB6E1F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

I'll wait and see how this one develops ... I'm sure it will be fantastic game play and rules, but I want to see how well it hold up over time to see if it is problematic in any way. But then JJP #5 might sway me by that time.

My wife & I played it at Expo and we liked it, but ordered a DILE instead while we are waiting it out ... ya, that's my excuse.

1 week later
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I to was disappointed with the lack of video assets, but this can be worked around if the music and call outs are great. The play field looks great and unique for sure, and looks like a ton of variety. My only concern right now is the lack of exciting modes/sounds from what I can tell. I know code is early and it's even harder to tell from videos just how much the game pulls you in. My family loves potc as a theme and we prefer jjp games over Stern, but the price is making me second guess. If the code develops into what I'm hoping is exciting sequences and a journey style ruleset, then I'll be all in. As SW sits now, the sights and sounds, and quick game play is definitely intriguing, but I'm having a hard time finding the price justified for nothing more than basically the video/sound assets. Ultimately I hope potc has that one more game feel with a great journey full of adrenaline rush moments. I think my pinball tastes have become more demanding when the companies prices demanded more.

You and I have similar pinball tastes and I have similar concerns with JJPOTC as you. I would only get SW if I found a really good deal (steal) on one, but have the same opinion on it as you.

I played JJPOTC at Expo and felt the same way you expressed. Currently it does not draw me in like TH and WOZ, but does have that one more time feel to it to find that magic. If you think about TH and WOZ, that adrenaline rush doesn't happen for me (and maybe you too) until you get into the various modes. When not in those modes, you have withdrawals to get back to the modes. That seems to me to be the way that JJP has coded these pins. I'm guessing that JJPOTC will do the exact same once the code/modes are developed. I did see a few people advance into a couple of modes and also shoot the cannon with success, and the adrenaline was there for that person and wished I could try that experience with the 8-10 tries I had at it (play better). With the super high price tag, I'm waiting to see how this one develops. I'm waiting for delivery on a DI that is a lot of fun, played one many times, initially like it a lot, but is a slightly different "style" than TH, WOZ, and likely JJPOTC. If the "lastability" of that one is short for my HUO, then I will likely swap it out in my collection for another JJP pin. I think it will be a favorite for the non-pinball geeks that visit - we will see.

#52 6 years ago

konghusker ... oh and by the way ... I didn't mention it, but I "hope" to buy a JJPOTC if it turns out as good as we anticipate. That will take some time, so that would not be a purchase for another year or two. Maybe a second hand purchase if good deals pop up by then.

2 months later
#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was in but a 20k kitchen remodel set me back.

You just bought approval for your next pin in the future.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Have a question for those that have played potc. After watching the live stream a couple times, the one thing that jumps out at me is the ball times. This seems to have some of the longest ball times I've ever seen. Did you get the same impression playing it or do they have all their posts closed and setup super easy?

Eric showed my wife and I some of the game stats that he looks at for the Level 257 prototype location. The average ball time on that public pin was 3 minutes and about 34 seconds if I remember right. He said that they do want to target about 3 minute ball times for locations and would adjust code to tweak that in. When we played it over 25 times, we only had a few balls that played for over 5 minutes. We are just mediocre players in the middle of the standings on a local pinball league as reference. Eric and Keith are exceptional players that know the game inside and out. I hope to one day be able to have those long ball times on this pin to be able to see some of those modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-buying-potc?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.