• 235 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are You Buying POTC”

• Heck yeah, already have it pre-ordered! The playfield, artwork, and gameplay look amazing. Who cares if there is no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts? 73 votes
    28%
  • Probably. I have not put down a refundable pre-order yet. I am waiting to see what the final game looks like. Limited license rights is somewhat concerning, but it is not a deal killer. 38 votes
    15%
  • Probably not. Limited license rights and incorporation of licensed material has me greatly concerned. But I am still holding out hope that JJP incorporates more into the game in the final product. 30 votes
    11%
  • There is no way I am paying $9.5K for a pin themed on a 5-movie franchise with no original score, video clips showing actor faces or actor callouts other than Mr. Gibbs. 120 votes
    46%

(261 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F5A25B93-CF99-4067-99B3-50AD6DFB6E1F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago

For those that have played JPOTC, how did the shots feel? Was the right ramp a feel good shot or more of nuisance since it goes to an upper pf everytime? What about left ramp, how’d that feel? Orbit shots? Upper flipper?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

$9500 for a game is crazy. I just can't bring myself to put that into a single game. I could build a really fun little collection for that. A nice recent Stern Pro and 4 decent classics. Plus I'd have money left over for pizza and beer.
Out of those two choices, I'd pick the collection.

What If you have two games and only room for four, And have a budget of $15,000. Then, do you consider JPOTC?

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I have room for two machines. I already have my DI LE in place. We went back and forth on what to get for the second machine for a while and got pretty close to getting a WOZ before POTC was announced. One of the only movies that the SO like better than wizard is pirates, that definitely made the choice easier. GOTG looks fun, but if I can only have two machines this felt like the right combo.

DI + POTC seems like it will be a great combo. DI for flow and depth. And POTC for an unorthodoxed layout with stacking and breadth.

1 week later
#66 6 years ago

The bottom line is this...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$8500 standard, $9500 LE, $12,500 CE. Figure another $200-$300 for shipping.

So $500 from $10k for invisiglass, shaker, star consulation lighting, & color changing GI is not much of an exaggeration especially if shipping is not included.

Now $1500 (+shipping?) for the standard could be considered an exaggeration of $10k.

I’m trying my hardest to budget $10k to Pinball next year as I bought no pins in 2017. I really want a JJP game back in the lineup, but if I flex my budget just a little I could get an SW PRO + AC/DC pro. $8500 JJP gives me the option for a $2k SS pin which actually would be cool too, but hard to beat 2 stern pros IMO. This all heresay for now personally until the budget is balanced for my 4-pin lineup

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The mode structure and overall ruleset design helped draw me to Star Wars. I prefer games with objective based modes and Star Wars has a lot of them. More importantly Star Wars breaks up those modes into sections with each section having their own mini wizard mode.
The mini wizard modes remind of Destroy the Ring in that getting their is rewarding and occurs more frequently then getting to the main wizard mode. Then there's 9 multiball modes on top of that + a main wizard mode. Lots to see and do.

This is probably not the thread but how do you like the hyperdrive? Personally, I really enjoy it but there’s a big BUT for me on it. The LE I played was a very clunky shot and bricked a lot. And unfortunately, on the videos I’ve seen of the shot dialed in and working smooth as butter from either flipper (which looked awesome), also had a few ball traps behind the fork ramp which resulted in having to wait for a ball search. So there’s two battles in this design, one is consistency and flow of the actual shot; and the other is ball traps with ball searches.

To stay on JPOTC topic; I’m not too bummed about the lack of movie audio queues, but I do hope they get A supporting role of audio to accompany Gibbs.

1 month later
#137 6 years ago

I'd love to see a stream of some players who understand the rules and actually blow the game up. I watched almost all of the rage tilt replay and it was painful watching only because every player that stepped up to the game, was their first time playing and it showed. As a positive to that stream, I found more enjoyment listening to the bearded brothers and lady (sorry forgot your names, watched the stream replay a week ago ) - but I did thoroughly enjoy the commentary and interviews especially from the girl, dammit I forgot her name was it Beck? Lol sorry

Anyway; game looks gorgeous and it does look fun. I just want to see someone stretch it's legs and show us what it can do. And I agree with others, it seems like a supporting narrative actor is needed, whether it be a barbosa type actor, female pirate, or jack sound alike.

All in all, I think we as potential hopefuls need to give it a little more patience, let it bake a little more in the oven and see what eric, jack, Keith and crew can do with this when it does finally release. It's still beta and testing guys and gals.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

We have an awesome interview with Eric from JJP about POTC on Monday on Head2Head podcast.
His journey into design.
Designing the game.
Whats changed since expo.
We talk about current software and upcoming software in depth.
It's over an hour long so lots of new info in there!

subscribed. looking forward to it.

#174 6 years ago

So completely hypothetically speaking; after listening to the head2head interview with Eric (which was amazing btw) - it’s my thought that a lot of R&D, labor hours, programming, and $ are invested in the spinning disk toy. So for you guys that wish there were more licensed assets like the sound track and/or movie clips here’s a nice little would you rather:

Would you rather have that money spent on the licensed theme music and some of the movie clips with no spinning disk toy - instead just regular pf artwork in that spot. Or.....would you rather keep the spinning disk toy in all its glory with 200+ rewarding gameplay features and ball interaction and no additional license assets?

Me? I’d rather have the latter (keep the disk). In the end, gameplay rules and how the theme is integrated are all that matter to me. I believe they can (and will) integrate the theme very well without all these license assets a lot of people are complaining about.

And Eric, if you’re reading - house Martell sucks, it’s a grind and is even a little more riskier when lighting essential HOTK houses; house Tyrell and I’d even argue Baratheon is where it’s at of course, Greyjoy is always challenging and can be used for a nice 15+ bil game but that house is big risk/ big reward! Can’t wait to play JJPOTC, it’s on my radar and looks stellar - would love to get one, I just hope I can find room in my pocketbook

1 week later
#195 6 years ago

I just got to watch some of the test stream on jjplive. Watching and hearing this game be played by people who know the rules, looks amazing! And for those concerned about the music license, no worries - David Thiel nailed it...sounds intense, energetic, and not as repetitious as the theme music - in fact the main pin theme music sounds like the main movie music taken to another level. If I had to criticize anything, it would be that another supporting sound character next to Gibbs would help.

Otherwise, this thing looks great - can’t wait for Wednesday’s stream; and so glad JJP is going to have one or two of these in CA next month for arcade expo - look forward to playing after watching the tutorial. Well done and keep up the hard work JJP.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear, looking forward to the stream!
I hear ya about the game needing another supporting sound character next to Gibbs. Honestly, that's one of my main hold ups about the game right now. Kevin McNally as Gibbs is great to have in the game but for that to be the only voice ever heard in a game that covers 5 movies and costs nearly $10k is a bit of a bummer. JJP should get another voice actor in the game, ideally a Jack Sparrow sound-a-like (like Stern did), to add some humor elements to the game and play off Gibbs like the movies do.

I've probably watched 3 hours of streaming between the buffalo crew and ragetilt on this game. I saw more of this pin in 5-10 mins that Eric played in the test stream than I ever did in any of those 3 hours. We will be in for a treat for sure on Wednesday. I'm not going to spoil any of the cool stuff I enjoyed, but I will leave by saying 'Arrrrrrrr'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-buying-potc?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.