Quoted from epotech:
1) It has the same coding progression as WOZ and Hobbit. A game should be easy to understand but hard to master.
2) The upper playfield. Would be ok if they filled in the side drain, as it is it goes straight up the ramp and straight out the side a lot of the time.
3) Shooting the other ship. It's like 3" away, impossible to miss and you can't see the effect.
4) The trunk lock. Too straight up the middle so no power on the flipper and the shot is too hard.
5) The bit at the back, with some targets and an up post. Too hidden, Impossible to see and random luck what it hits.
6) The spinner(s). Seem to be going ALL THE FRIKKIN TIME! Could be fixed in code.
7) The rain sound effects (I presume it's a sound effect). make it sound like it's got bad speakers.
The under the flipper shot, great, love it
9) The whirlpool ramp, gret, love it
10) The reversed "full Throttle" lane. Great love it
Thanks for posting such a well written, concise opinion. I am confident that code will improve as production nears.
One thing code and mechanics can not improve is the lack of the licensed assets.
I have a deposit down on the CE. For me to spent this much on a game, I really want to see more "Pirates of the Caribbean". I have no problem waiting till summer to see if Jack can get more "Jack" in the game.
There are so many great NIB options coming down the pike and I can't buy them all. So for close to 13K I will be very picky on which game to purchase this year.
I purchased WOZ/LE and Hobbit/SE without playing them. I will not be doing that with JJPoTC, these times are a changin'