20 days ago

Topic Stats

• 680 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dragon-960-x-flexible-1 (resized).jpg
    7C92192E-AA46-4E57-918A-F75FD3E564BD (resized).jpeg
    3p9vrb (resized).jpg
    78023D00-CE66-437C-A880-75FE2BFD93A2 (resized).jpeg
    1487D6E6-910B-491C-B861-9BC4C9F3D3C3 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    185b21a294cf7d6297b6011fd0afbb77 (resized).jpg
    2020-02-12 (2) (1) (resized).png
    6A1CD934-1E96-4520-B2BA-2655CC3DDE86 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 6.04.24 PM (resized).png
    Resized_20200209_182522 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20200209_182348 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 7.27.03 PM (resized).png
    images (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 12.39.59 PM (resized).png

There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
    #1 20 days ago

Well, if you are concerned, it affects everyone here on the Board.
    If you are not, I admire your character.

At what point do you buy Flu Masks? At this time, Amazon and Walmart are sold out of Antiviral, and Ebay has them flying at 2x the regular price!

When do you start buying long term food items, in case?

Do you have Travel Plan Changes? We talked about this, as my brother was scheduled to Singapore and then Hong Kong Next week.

Are you experiencing your spouse panicking? I have that too going on.

It could fizzle away. We could find a vaccine first, or it could spread....this type of thing happens fast,
    so do we just play pinball, and hope not to kiss our ass goodbye?

#2 20 days ago

The hospital near my home has a patient with this new virus. So I’m slightly concerned. And my concern continues to rise.

#3 20 days ago

A good time to repent now. Stay away from cities and airports.

#4 20 days ago

Not concerned in the least.
    Corona virus goes great with lime disease especially when at the beach.

#5 20 days ago

I dont know but I deal with the general public every day at my job(retail) and I can tell you that when people are sick, they're too sick for work but not sick enough to not go out shopping.

I try to just be mindful to wash my hands before eating or rubbing my eyes, etc. Ease of travel definitely makes for ease of transmittal of anything. Also it's unfortunate when parents can't keep their children home and expose an entire school to whatever illness they have. I'm usually more fearful of what my kids will bring home since that's where I usually pick something up for the previous reason.

#6 20 days ago

More likely to be one of the 61,000 that will die from “normal” flu. That said, avoiding flying to high risk zone seems sensible.

#7 20 days ago

No but I haven't really been paying any attention to the news surrounding it.

#8 20 days ago

Your first step: Turn off cable tv and Facebook. Better yet, get rid of both.

#9 20 days ago
    Quoted from Shapiru:

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

#10 20 days ago

I’m spending all my time in my bedroom, with doors locked, windows sealed, and Fox News on the tv at top volume around the clock.

Should keep me safe.

#12 20 days ago

Full Hazmat Suit and a Condom.

Can never be too safe.

#13 20 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m spending all my time in my bedroom, with doors locked, windows sealed, and Fox News on the tv at top volume around the clock.
    Should keep me safe

Crazy Bubelah Levi Bubbleboy

#14 20 days ago
    Quoted from Shapiru:

This is spot on! I live in the heart of Tokyo and just flew back to states through LAX-the knee jerk reaction to this with the Americans there was crazy. The Japanese are concerned but always wear masks on the train, at work, walking etc. I had never seen anything like it before since yesterday.

Is it a concern, yeah. Should you Change your life...NOPE.

News always needs a new story.
    If it’s not impeachment, contagion, now unfortunately Kobe and all those on board

Agree Shapiro! We can’t all be suckers with panic news and sound bite journalism

#15 20 days ago
    Quoted from Shapiru:

Not concerned in the least.
    Corona virus goes great with lime disease especially when at the beach.

Hilarious!

#16 20 days ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I've stopped eating bats.

Bats are great! Ask Ozzy

#17 20 days ago

Honestly, the mask does little for healthy people. What it really does is prevent those with the disease from spreading aerosolized virus particles when they cough and sneeze.

#18 20 days ago

I'm uncertain how concerned to be regarding this outbreak. Although the virus was supposedly transferred from either bats or snakes, there is a Chinese bioweapons lab in Wuhan. But we can trust the ChiComs, right? John Hopkins is live tracking the virus spread, with now over 2000 confirmed cases. Also, filter masks are sold out in Asia.

Just in case, I bought a N99 filter mask and 3 months worth of replacement filters. However, I can also use the same mask for sanding drywall or raking pine needles, so it will get used regardless.

In order to be prepared, you should probably watch I Am Legend or Omega Man.

#19 20 days ago

I have my protective head gear on.

20190908_165404 (resized).jpg
    #20 20 days ago

My wife is in primary care. I am immuno compromised. Slew of young kids and a newborn.

Yeah, we are not looking forward to the coming storm.

#21 20 days ago

I am in Wuhan right now and I will heading to a friendly neighborhood airport near you! Get your mask on!

#22 20 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Should keep me safe.

#OkBoomer

#23 20 days ago

Snowmobiling in Michigan's Upper Peninsula not very concerned at this time.

#24 20 days ago

Not concerned. I'm an old guy. Sooner or later something is going to get me. Worrying about it from now until then is a waste of time for having fun.

LTG : )

#25 20 days ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I've stopped eating bats.

Me too, but I just can't lay off the cobra meat though.

#26 20 days ago

I just booked a flight to Wuhan, China. It was an amazing price I couldn't refuse!

#27 20 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I just booked a flight to Wuhan, China. It was an amazing price I couldn't refuse!

If you do any sight seeing while there, you should check out the brand new hospital they're building. Maybe even take a tour of it.

#28 20 days ago

We already have appropriate gear here at the house, and we are being cautious right now anyway due to it being flu season.

#29 20 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Should keep me safe.

The zombies will still get you...

Rob

#30 20 days ago

I'm not any more concerned than any other winter season.

I usually just try to avoid touching things most people touch, avoid water fountains, avoid touching my face, wash my hands more frequently, try to increase my fruit & veggie intake, etc. Nothing too extreme.

#31 20 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually just try to avoid touching things most people touch

I was at a barcade last night for my birthday and started contemplating all the button mashing I was doing while the news ticker was on the television.

#32 20 days ago

You're totally safe as long as you don't inhale.

#33 20 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

I was at a barcade last night for my birthday and started contemplating all the button mashing I was doing while the news ticker was on the television.

Yeah ha that’s what I would have been thinking. Rubber gloves for location play.

#34 20 days ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Lots of planes virtually deadheading there from the US. This past week, the company I work for changed the line from be aware of the issue on Tuesday, to no non-essential travel there on Thursday to an outright ban, cancel the trip no matter the cost on Friday and no more bookings until further notice.

#35 20 days ago

Don’t play pinball. Those things are full of germs.

#36 20 days ago

Currently more worried about the Protomolecule as I just started watching Season 1 of The Expanse.

#37 20 days ago

SARS....avian bird flu...Ebola....

When will people realize this is just one more way for the media to keep everyone in a perpetual state of fear?

42 deaths in China for a population over a Billion is pretty dang small. Now...when there are a few hundred thousand dead, I might take notice.

Back to pinball

#38 20 days ago

Where I work we occasionally run some material that is used to manufacture surgical face masks. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we don’t have an emergency order for that material sometime next week.

Am I concerned about this virus where I am in the world? I wouldn’t say I’m concerned, but I am keeping track of it’s development. I’m about five-ish hours south of Chicago (In Indiana just few minutes from Illinois) and I’m very much out in the country. If reported cases start popping up closer to my location, then I may pick up a few non perishable items in case everything goes completely sideways...

But generally, due to the timing of the year (winter) most people where I live are settled in their homes pretty much most of the time already...

#39 20 days ago

Some numbers are misleading.
    The current death rate is 4%.
    It isnt the rate against the whole population but against infection.
    The rate of 65000 flu deaths is against 45 million infections.
    Death rate here would be 1.8 million.
    This doesnt cover better health care to lower the rate nor mutations to a higher rate.
    Im not worried, I am more fascinated about the speed and reply in China to a possible Global Pandemic. The speed we will see in the next few weeks will be interesting. Yes, we could cover like Sars and Mers, but this one is different.

#40 20 days ago

I suspect the number of people that have it is greater and the true death rate is lower.

#41 20 days ago
    Quoted from Vandy89:

Currently more worried about the Protomolecule as I just started watching Season 1 of The Expanse.

Show is one of the best right now...biased since I read the books though.

#42 20 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Some numbers are misleading.
    The current death rate is 4%.
    It isnt the rate against the whole population but against infection.
    The rate of 65000 flu deaths is against 45 million infections.
    Death rate here would be 1.8 million.
    This doesnt cover better health care to lower the rate nor mutations to a higher rate.
    Im not worried, I am more fascinated about the speed and reply in China to a possible Global Pandemic. The speed we will see in the next few weeks will be interesting. Yes, we could cover like Sars and Mers, but this one is different.

Just curious, Why is it different?

SARS they did a similar approach and quarantined it. I think it limited it to 8000 cases and 800 deaths. Now it’s pretty much gone.

#43 20 days ago

If the Chinese government says they are concerned we should be really concerned. What a coincidence this was spawned 20 miles from their biological warfare facility that tests this exact strain. Maybe a coincidence but I food for thought.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-china-biowarfare-program-possible/#collapseExample

#44 20 days ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Just curious, Why is it different?

For starters, it’s brand new. Never known to science until now, so almost nothing is known about it currently. Secondly, unlike SARS and MERS (and Ebola), this virus is contagious prior to being symptomatic.

Currently, I’m finding this all far more fascinating than I am scared.

#45 20 days ago
    Quoted from NintenBear:

The hospital near my home has a patient with this new virus. So I’m slightly concerned. And my concern continues to rise.

Which hospital would that be?

#46 20 days ago
    Quoted from finman2000:

Which hospital would that be?

St. Alexis (AMITA) in Hoffman Estates.

#47 20 days ago
    Quoted from vex:

If the Chinese government says they are concerned we should be really concerned. What a coincidence this was spawned 20 miles from their biological warfare facility that tests this exact strain. Maybe a coincidence but I food for thought.

This is the plot of several movies and books. The Stand being one of the best...hopefully things turn out better for us.

#48 20 days ago

What if the current Human Version jumps back to an animal, or becomes easier to contract airborne?

The big difference as mentioned right now, is it appears it can be transmitted around a week, before symptoms are shown. We are very lucky this has been spotted early....we have a good shot.
    Coming out of Africa or other countries, it could have been a huge problem before being caught.
    Many of histories civilizations are believed to have been adversely affected like this.

It isnt a matter of IF a Pandemic will cull humanity, but when...Same with a Super Volcano,
    or Meteor.

How people are reacting now, and over the coming weeks is a telling story.....

#49 20 days ago

I know this is a little insensitive to say as people are dying but someone was asking if we should be calling this the Kung Flu?

Lets hope for the best....

#50 20 days ago

Not to worry, they are already on the case rushing an experimental RNA vaccine to injection ready status in 90 days:

Unfortunately those trusting enough to sign themselves and their children up for it are just guinea pig fodder for a vast experiment and remember:
    You CAN'T sue any vaccine company.

The US National Institutes of Health (NIH) is launching a rush program to develop a vaccine against the China coronavirus.

The goal? Have a vaccine ready for human testing in an unprecedented 90 days.

NIH is partnering with a US vaccine company, Moderna, Inc.

The vaccine is a new type called RNA. According to Reuters ("With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine," Jan 24, 2020), "[these are] vaccines based on ribonucleic acid (RNA)---a chemical messenger that contains instructions for making proteins."

The PHG Foundation/University of Cambridge explains further: "Unlike a normal vaccine, RNA vaccines work by introducing an mRNA sequence (the molecule which tells cells what to build) which is coded for a disease specific antigen [virus]; once produced within the body, the antigen [virus] is recognised by the immune system, preparing it to fight the real thing."

Let's have a look at Moderna, the company that will be making and testing the new RNA vaccine against the China coronavirus. Its website states, in a January 23rd press release: "Moderna Announces Funding Award from CEPI to Accelerate Development of Messenger RNA (mRNA) Vaccine Against Novel Coronavirus".

Funded by CEPI. Who is that? Its website states: "CEPI is a innovative global partnership between public, private, philanthropic, and civil society organisations. We're working together to accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases and enable equitable access to these vaccines for people during outbreaks."

A more relevant quote: "CEPI was founded in Davos by the governments of Norway and India, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, and the World Economic Forum."

Bill Gates. Hmmmm wasn't there something about Bill saying: "To decrease global warming we need to decrease population and an aggressive vaccine program would help with that goal" in a recent seminar he gave? (check it out, it's still on youtube)

There is more. Going back to the Moderna Inc. website---at the bottom of the press release referenced above, we find a VERY interesting statement, in a section titled, "Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements": "...there has never been a commercial product utilizing mRNA technology approved for use..."

And there you have it. The vaccine that is being tapped by the US government... under its National Institutes of Health...through drug company Moderna...HAS NEVER BEEN USED ON THE PUBLIC BEFORE. IT IS NOT LICENSED FOR PUBLIC USE.

RNA VACCINES AND THE TECHNOLOGY THEY USE ARE ENTIRELY EXPERIMENTAL.

AND THIS IS THE TYPE OF VACCINE BEING RUSHED INTO EXISTENCE IN 90 DAYS.

What in the world could possibly go wrong?

One way to find out is to unleash it on millions of people, stand back, and see.

The PHG Foundation at the University of Cambridge gives us a substantial clue: "... better understanding of [RNA] vaccine adverse effects is needed - these can include inflammation or autoimmune reactions."

Autoimmune reactions---the human immune system attacks healthy elements and processes of the body itself. The body goes to war with itself.

I'm signing up for a triple dose when it comes out just to be sure I'm "safe".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 325.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside