31%
  • No 169 votes
    52%
  • I already own one 41 votes
    13%
  • Grrrrrrr! I hate refakes. 15 votes
    5%

(328 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I am waiting for the 3rd run.

when Tron was re-run for the Clue version. There was a small number like 200 (I believe) dealers were saying they got 10 or 15 allotments. So people missed out on Tron first re-run in the first week they seemed to be sold out. I think there was a big demand for another small batch which was the 2 chick version another 200 or so. I believe this batch of IM will be larger than either Tron. But I don't know how much more demand there is for IM.

I would not rule out another batch of IM as it seems like these have sold out quick, but I wonder if people were really shocked by this (like MMR) and jumped at the first chance I just wonder how many people are left for another run?

#102 9 years ago

Nope, didn't buy one last time why would I buy one this time? It's an ok game but not really one of my faves. I don't see why it's being remade, didn't sell well before for a reason I'm sure.

#103 9 years ago

One thing I would like to point out, that while $4800 is not a little sum of money, it's a whole heck of a lot less than MMR. I was all over MMR LE on day one. Sent the deposit but got to playing another game like SM and didn't see that MM was all that much more valuable (to me). I figured HUO SM + IM for $10,000. weighed against MMR LE for $8300 (I am assuming shipping). Two great pins for $1700 more.

Not everyone likes Stern, and MM is the highest regarded pin of all time and comes with more features than the Stern pins for sure, but to me, Stern is a good value (still expensive) but relatively speaking good value for $4800.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I don't see why it's being remade, didn't sell well before for a reason I'm sure.

You don't see why it's being remade?

People were selling them for $4500+ beat up or $6000+ for HUO. If no one wanted one, they would not be selling for such high prices.

#105 9 years ago

I am on the fence on this one. I have a limited number I can afford and keep, so this falls into the category of whether I can sell some good mods for this. I would buy it, mod it for about 3 months and sell it. Gotta make a decision today!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I don't see why it's being remade,

Because your opinion usually conflicts with 90% of pinside.

I put a bunch of plays on a very nice modded one yesterday, the game is excellent. Wicked and Fast, just how I like my games.

#107 9 years ago

Voted no, I don't do "pros" (unless it's a steal of a deal)

#108 9 years ago

Unlike the first run, the pros now have the plastic apron, right?

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Because your opinion usually conflicts with 90% of pinside.
I put a bunch of plays on a very nice modded one yesterday, the game is excellent. Wicked and Fast, just how I like my games.

Like I like my women, modded, wicked and fast.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Unlike the first run, the pros now have the plastic apron, right?

IM always had a plastic apron. Look at the apron decals. Decals for plastic apron games have different shapes than decals for metal aprons. Plastic - center is flat. Metal - center is curved.

#111 9 years ago

If I didn't have a rack of bills (*cough* paying off my other machines *cough*) I'd totally be up for buying a NIB Iron Man. I hear it's a good player, and the difficulty/short ball times factor is appealing to me. I like a good challenge, it feels even better when you turn a game into a long session when a game is known for being brutal (which I hear IM is).

#112 9 years ago

I've read June 26th when the game starts getting manufactured.

Quoted from MrBellMan:

Does anyone know when the pictures of the new game are to be released?
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#113 9 years ago

i almost pulled the trigger when it was announced. i decided to keep the one space open for a possible iron maiden if ever made.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i almost pulled the trigger when it was announced. i decided to keep the one space open for a possible iron maiden if ever made.

That's like keeping a space open for your coffin.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IM always had a plastic apron. Look at the apron decals. Decals for plastic apron games have different shapes than decals for metal aprons. Plastic - center is flat. Metal - center is curved.

Thanks for the info. I remember Stern going to plastic shortly around the Batman standard model, but couldn't remember when.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Like I like my women, modded, wicked and fast.

Yes, we all respect how you modded your woman!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yes, we all respect how you modded your woman!

#118 9 years ago

No!!! Not a Stern guy. So that's a easy question.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I ordered one but if iron maiden comes out this year believe me I will find room for it...

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Thanks for the info. I remember Stern going to plastic shortly around the Batman standard model, but couldn't remember when.

IM was the first plastic apron, and then the runs of SM and BDK after that used them. I'm not opposed to plastic aprons - but on SM and BDK they looked dopey because the decals were the wrong shape.

#121 9 years ago

I was really tempted (and haven't completely ruled it out), but two things keep me hesitant:

1. Never played it. And as an admitted poor player, all the comments from folks saying how brutal it is make me worry.

2. I'm tempted to use that money (plus a bit) to add a mid-90's classic like TOM, TOTAN, or CFTBL to my lineup. Pinball Arcade has opened my eyes up to some great, classic pins.

My boys and I may visit Borg and our pals at Stern at the end of June when the new IMs are on the line, play it, and make my (our) mind up.

#122 9 years ago

No, waiting for LOTR or SM vault.
A Twilight Zone vault would be cool, but Stern didn't make it.

#123 9 years ago

really wanted re-purchase a IMve but sadly budget has stopped me, so NO this time around.

for kid_ego, you don't have to be a good player to enjoy it, game times are generally short which I like and on the other side CFTBL is also cool but totally different to IM.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

1. Never played it. And as an admitted poor player, all the comments from folks saying how brutal it is make me worry.

It is brutal on factory settings, kind of along the lines of Tron, but probably a little more extreme. I'm not a very good player either, so in the case of Tron I made some adjustments until I improved at it. Just close the outlanes a bit, add a ball or two, and extend the ball save.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

A Twilight Zone vault would be cool, but Stern didn't make it.

I would love to see the manufacturing cost to build TZ today.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I would love to see the manufacturing cost to build TZ today.

Heck, I'd love to see the manufacturing cost to build any of today's games today for that matter. Stern stays very tight lipped about that subject, but I'd love to see the fixed manufacturing cost (not including the variable R&D and related matters).

#127 9 years ago

My wife and I took a trip to Chicago to see our son graduate from the naval academy. We were able to take a tour of the Stern factory while IM was in production. Don't really remember why we did not purchase one but glad we didn't ! Ordered one up from Colorado game exchange day after news release. We are stoked and cant wait to receive it. Also, heard from reliable source that was at the factory a couple weeks ago there were lots of IM playfields in the factory.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck, I'd love to see the manufacturing cost to build any of today's games today for that matter. Stern stays very tight lipped about that subject,

Wouldn't you?

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from trazy11:

My wife and I took a trip to Chicago to see our son graduate from the naval academy. We were able to take a tour of the Stern factory while IM was in production. Don't really remember why we did not purchase one but glad we didn't ! Ordered one up from Colorado game exchange day after news release. We are stoked and cant wait to receive it. Also, heard from reliable source that was at the factory a couple weeks ago there were lots of IM playfields in the factory.

Which naval academy is that? The belly button one?

#130 9 years ago

Oh, for sure. Why show profits when you don't have to, it encourages people to enter your market. Why show costs when you don't have to, it gives your competitors in the market negotiation leverage with parts suppliers. I totally agree with Stern not sharing the data . . . I still want it though.

#131 9 years ago

What ! Belly button ? What the *#*# are you talking about. PM me and lets have a real conversation !

#132 9 years ago

Man you are wound tight. He was just having fun with Naval and Navel.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from trazy11:

What ! Belly button ? What the *#*# are you talking about. PM me and lets have a real conversation !

Relax. The us naval academy is in Annapolis MD. No? What is the Chicago Naval Academy?

#134 9 years ago

And Sorry if my joke fell flat.

#135 9 years ago

What is the Chicago a Naval Academy?

The Fuzzy Naval Academy. Its in Lincolnshire where all the Hobbits live.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The Fuzzy Naval Academy. Its in Lincolnshire where all the Hobbits live.

When I picture trophy getting her buzz on and playing pinball...a fuzzy naval is always involved. And not yours!

#137 9 years ago

When I picture trophy getting her buzz on and playing pinball...a fuzzy naval is always involved. And not yours!

No but a Slippery Nipple usually ensues.

#138 9 years ago

Not gonna lie, I almost stuck my head out and asked what Naval academy in Chicago? Maybe he meant boot camp for the navy as I think it's somewhere up north. Only Naval Academy I know is in Annapolis, MD.

#139 9 years ago

I'm in, got a good deal, hope I dont regret this. Now to sell by BSD.

#140 9 years ago

Just got my invoice today!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-buying-a-nib-stern-im/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.