(Topic ID: 230350)

Are you being affected by the new GM shutdown?

By cottonm4

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sturner
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg
21737dc4831499916560ce7f71b20a0aa7fc2156 (resized).jpg
oldies only (resized).jpg
51hgd92uLPL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
60 Corvette (resized).jpg
sdsdc (resized).jpg
Planets (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 4.40.23 PM (resized).png
15433493010951778782614 (resized).jpg
1543348706645-1438205450 (resized).jpg
1543348501810-1089110951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

GM Australia told the factory to stop making these till next year as they are not selling on this side of the world
[quoted image]

I just bought one on Friday. The red is amazing.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

All anybody wants now are crossover vehicles (which are just station wagons with a higher wheelbase and a hump in the roof)
If your plant isn't making those you're done.
Also cars are too damn expensive these days. Plus the millennials don't have any money to begin with and also have zero brand loyalty when they do use their parents money to buy.

I love my crossovers. We haven't had a "car" in 5 years now. When she got a new crossover 5 years ago, I got her "old" Escape that we bought in 05. It's an 04 and it's sitting at ~216k miles right now. It's becoming way less reliable, so she got a new Traverse and I got her '13 Journey. Only bad thing about the Journey is its roof is too low to fit a pin, but I'm going to get a small trailer and do it that way.

Bottom line is that the added ground clearance and typically available 3rd row seating in crossovers is a huge appeal and they are very versatile. My worst vehicle is my 04 V6 Escape that gets 22 mpg with the AC on all the time in the summer. The other two are getting 23-25, which I can live with for sure. All are V6's and most getting more HP than V8's did 20 years ago or less.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-being-affected-by-the-new-gm-shutdown-?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.