(Topic ID: 230350)

Are you being affected by the new GM shutdown?

By cottonm4

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sturner
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg
21737dc4831499916560ce7f71b20a0aa7fc2156 (resized).jpg
oldies only (resized).jpg
51hgd92uLPL._SX425_ (resized).jpg
60 Corvette (resized).jpg
sdsdc (resized).jpg
Planets (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 4.40.23 PM (resized).png
15433493010951778782614 (resized).jpg
1543348706645-1438205450 (resized).jpg
1543348501810-1089110951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#110 5 years ago

My 2001 Honda CR-V is still running great after 12 years of ownership.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fortunately in my area Tennessee has benefited from several of the foreign car makers opening plants or moving head quarters to our area in the last few decades.
It's incredibly sad to see so many people lose job this time of year. But if something is not selling or making a profit it is going to happen and government bail outs only put a band aid on a corpse. The trend right now is trucks and SUVs and the bigger the better. Probably 1/3rd of the people in my area are driving 4 wheel drive trucks/SUVs that get 16mpg or less. They have never seen a dirt road and the roads are slick here at most 4 days a year. I have a truck as well but I bought it used for 15K and it's for hauling stuff or pulling my boat. Otherwise that gas monster is in the garage. I see people everyday that have a 65K truck, 40K boat and a 60K house. Makes no sense to me to me but to each their own I guess. Seems like the money would be better off in the house which has a chance of gaining value as opposed to cars/trucks and water toys.

I agree. I’ve never been a fan of big vehicles unless there is a good reason to own one (towing, hauling, off-road). I’ve also noticed that trend in middle Tennessee.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-being-affected-by-the-new-gm-shutdown-?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.