(Topic ID: 1834)

Are you attending the CHICAGO PINBALL EXPO?

By thokennedy

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thokennedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Robin and I were just talking about starting a sticky thread about the Chicago expo. If there are going to be a few of us going this would be a cool way to meet up in person.

I assume Saturday is going to be the busy day. I understand the pinside tee-shirts are on sale, so maybe we could order one if you don't have one already and wear it on Saturday so we can identify each other. Just a thought - throw out some other ideas or let us know if you'll be going.

#2 9 years ago

I'll be there, and it would be great to meet some of my fellow Pinsiders. I've already got the t-shirt, so I'm all set.

#3 9 years ago

Not going to Chicago but would love a t-shirt. Where can we order them from?

#5 9 years ago

Thanks Thokennedy -- just found the link myself by searching. Seems like this should be something that is advertised on the home page. I don't see it anywhere except in the forum link. Might sell a few more shirts if every pinsider knew they were available!

#6 9 years ago

I ll be there for 2 days all day friday and all day sat. Last year I only went for one day, It just wasnt enough time

#7 9 years ago

I plan on going Saturday with my two brother-in-laws and maybe my son. I've been checking the buy/sell spreadsheet on the expo website - cool idea, hopefully I'll be bringing home my first game!

Anyone know if you have to pay the registration fee for a three year old?

#8 9 years ago

Actually the t-shirts are not on sale, I just found a way to sell them for the cost price! Hehe, we were actually making a $3 commission on each shirt sold - I removed this. The more people wearing Pinside shirts, the better - right? I always hope to one day see someone walking down the street or at a pinball party or whatever in a Pinside shirt, that would be cool!

Thanks for the suggestion to put a link to the shop on our homepage. I have added a nice little graphic halfway down the homepage so people can now actually find them.

Anyways back on topic, Chicago is a bit out of my driving range but I hope there will be a cool little Pinside gathering (don't forget to take some photos, Tom)!

#9 9 years ago

Robin - the new graphic looks good. Hope it draws some more sales!

#10 9 years ago

I will be going. Hope to see some of you there as well!

#11 9 years ago

I might drive out on Saturday. it will be my first. I am still pretty new to this hobby but, I am getting into it fast.

#12 9 years ago

Robin - Here's a pic from the last Allentown - I am on the right sporting a Pinside tee :-p

Ok it's the STTNG one, warp speed baby!

(and my 1st place B division winnings)

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/funwithbonus/Allentown%20Pinball%20Open%202010/?action=view&current=DSC01564.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Hey that's excellent, never seen any photos of people wearing Pinside shirts up until now

I'm currently looking at a different supplier for the official Pinside logo shirts called Spreadshirt. Our current partner, Printfection, only does digital printing, a technique where the print fades over time (unless you wash you shirt).

We are looking at creating shirts with flock and flex printing techniques that will last much much longer.

1 week later
    #14 9 years ago

My wife and I will be there. It will be our first time at the expo. We plan to take it all in starting with the Stern Factory tour Thursday and stay at the Westin till Saturday. I will also bring some Boards that need repair and my BOP playfield for HSA to restore. Does anyone know who will be at the autograph session on Saturday?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.00
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 26.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Vandelay Industries

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside