(Topic ID: 225123)

Are you allowed to use your knee in tournament play?

By jonesjb

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jorro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

liam Kneeson.jpg
    CK Knee pads.jpg
    E5D69B8A-CB7D-45CD-A8D6-E9FAB3D46231 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

So in Star Wars, I've realized it's easy to use my knee to jam down on the center action button to destroy Tie Fighters and turn the multiplier on and off. What's the consensus on whether or not this is fair game?

#2 5 years ago

Fair game as long as you're not being crazy about it. I've also seen people use their hip or knee on the flipper button to cradle a ball or use their chin to hit the apron button. If you're not abusing the game, why not?

#3 5 years ago

Don’t you have to repeatedly hit the center button rapidly to destroy tie fighters? You’re accomplishing this with your knee somehow?! I’d love to see a video of this. I can’t imagine being able to do that- I can’t even hit it fast enough with a hand, let alone my knee. Kudos to you if you can pull this off, I say go for it

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Don’t you have to repeatedly hit the center button rapidly to destroy tie fighters? You’re accomplishing this with your knee somehow?! I’d love to see a video of this. I can’t imagine being able to do that- I can’t even hit it fast enough with a hand, let alone my knee. Kudos to you if you can pull this off, I say go for it

I’m over 6 foot tall so it’s not too difficult. While I might get slightly fewer Tie Fighters, it’s a safer option.

#5 5 years ago

I say go for it. Anyone complaining instead of enjoying the spectacle of you repeatedly pounding your knee on the lockdown bar obviously takes no joy in life and can be safely ignored.

Possible responses:
    - “You’re lucky I’m not using my nuts.”
    - “Take a yoga class and join the club.”
    - “I feel the kneed, the kneed for speed.”

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I say go for it. Anyone complaining instead of enjoying the spectacle of you repeatedly pounding your knee on the lockdown bar obviously takes no joy in life and can be safely ignored.
    Possible responses:
    - “You’re lucky I’m not using my nuts.”
    - “Take a yoga class and join the club.”

The first two responses are good. The third response, is glorious. Nicely played.

#7 5 years ago

Gotta believe most folks aren't tall/agile enough to pull this off. And even if you could, it sounds like it would look ridiculous.

What SW really needs is a foot pedal.

#8 5 years ago

This the crane kick of pinball?

#9 5 years ago

I'd like to see this approach in action.

#10 5 years ago

From the title of the thread I was sure this was going to be about HS2. Using your knee to shift gears.

I'm 'lucky' enough to be able to use my beer gut to trigger the action button on games where only a single press is needed.

#11 5 years ago

You have to post video of this

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Gold!

#13 5 years ago

I don't see the problem with this and applaud the ingenuity. As a fellow tall person, I'd like to see this technique in a video.

#14 5 years ago

Can use knee to hit flipper button while using hand on button. It works pretty well once you get used to it.

(Tall person at 6'4")

#15 5 years ago

Don’t know for league play ... but if you would “knee” one of my machines, i would return the favor

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Don’t know for league play ... but if you would “knee” one of my machines, i would return the favor

What if he doesn’t own any machines?

#17 5 years ago

I really can’t see how this even works, but if it does, why not?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I really can’t see how this even works, but if it does, why not?

I know. And if you can use your knee as fast as your hand, you must be one limber SOB. Haha

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What if he doesn’t own any machines?

He'll knee his washing machine and become a Tide Fighter.

#20 5 years ago

I think you also need to wear a cape like Rick Wakeman from Yes.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from drunkbaby:

He'll knee his washing machine and become a Tide Fighter.

HEYO!!!!!! Haha

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

So in Star Wars, I've realized it's easy to use my knee to jam down on the center action button to destroy Tie Fighters and turn the multiplier on and off.

Am I the only one who would love to see this Kung Fu action on video? Put up a youtube video showing this technique-please!

If someone stuck their knee on my Star Wars LE center action button, I would stick my fist in his face-just sayin

Not sure it would be against the rules, but just not seen as acceptable behavior? Plus the whole challenge is to take your hands off flippers-risk v.s. reward.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know. And if you can use your knee as fast as your hand, you must be one limber SOB. Haha

Doing Muay Thai, ballet, yoga, and running has its benefits.

#24 5 years ago

I'd swap out your knee training time and work on nudging and trapping the ball so you can use your hand

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Doing Muay Thai, ballet, yoga, and running has its benefits.

If this is considered a benefit from doing that stuff, it’s still not worth it. Haha. I’ll stick to being lazy in my non pinball time, and using my hands to kill way more tie fighters than you during my pinball time. Haha.

But seriously. Video pretty please.

#26 5 years ago

I cant wait to try this...

#27 5 years ago

I am throwing the red card out. Unfair advantage to us shorter players. Waaah.

#28 5 years ago

I don't know bro you could sustain some injuries with this technique. I would suggest getting some limited edition Colin Kaepernick knee pads, to avoid getting hurt.

CK Knee pads.jpgCK Knee pads.jpgliam Kneeson.jpgliam Kneeson.jpg
    #29 5 years ago

I see no problem with it at all but if you hang a eco friendly tote bag like this from a
    leg mounted pin-gulp cup holder to empty your pockets and put your tele in I’m gonna raise hell!!!!

E5D69B8A-CB7D-45CD-A8D6-E9FAB3D46231 (resized).jpegE5D69B8A-CB7D-45CD-A8D6-E9FAB3D46231 (resized).jpeg
    #30 5 years ago

Nick the Dick from Bachelor Party can do this without either hand or either knee.

“Is that the footlong?”

“And then some.”

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I am throwing the red card out. Unfair advantage to us shorter players. Waaah.

There is always the chin.

#32 5 years ago

You shorter guys can just bang your forehead on the button. And women have a couple good options.

#33 5 years ago

Knee-bump for video. Show us your moves!

#34 5 years ago

@ short stuff: you can also cradle on one side and use the other hand ! This way you won't end up with a red forehead

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-allowed-to-use-your-knee-in-tournament-play?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.