(Topic ID: 12135)

Are you a Multi-ball Master or Disaster?

By Pinball-is-great

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you a Multi-ball Master or Disaster?”

• I kick a$$ during multi-ball on most any machine. I'm a Multi-ball Master. 9 votes
      12%
    • Getting good at racking up high scores during multi-ball. I'll soon be a Multi-ball Master. 18 votes
      24%
    • I always try during multi-ball. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, mostly bad. I'm a Multi-ball Master wannabe. 28 votes
      37%
    • I tend to lose 1 or 2 balls quickly during multi-ball before I even get to hit the 3rd one. Guess I'm a Multiball Disaster. 9 votes
      12%
    • I suck at multi-ball, don't like it, and often try to avoid triggering multi-ball. I'm a major Multi-ball Disaster. 1 vote
      1%
    • What is multi-ball? I've never played a pinball machine that had multi-ball. Not sure ....but I'd probably be a disaster. 0 votes
    • I have a hard enough time keeping 1 ball at a time in play. Don't want to become a Multi-ball Master. 1 vote
      1%
    • Not sure if I'm a Multi-ball Master or not, but need the adrenaline rush that multi-ball gives to feed my pinball addiction. 9 votes
      12%

(75 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

double-facepalm.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Pinsiders: How good are you at multi-ball play? Let us know via the poll, and optionally add your comments (funny or sad). I'm sure we have some Pinsiders that are pinball wizards. Others however are good at fixing pinball machines, or enjoy collecting/trading them, but sorta suck when it comes to playing pinball especially when multi-ball kicks in.

#2 12 years ago

Love me some multi-ball.

#3 12 years ago

My only issue is that when I get ball drains, I get them all at the same time!

#4 12 years ago

I really don't mine if one of the 3 ball multiball drains on FT. it makes it a lot easier to lock one in Casters Club.

#5 12 years ago

i find that ball control during mb modes depends on the machine. some machines have very tough flipper specific shots for jackpots and supers. in this case i'll cradle 1, 2, or 3 balls on one flipper at times. if the machines has LOTS of jackpot shots then i normally will just go crazy and try to keep all balls in the upper playfield and in the ramps. i didn't vote, i feel i fall under a different category;

great at m.b. control and jackpots, if i know the machines rules and shots well.

#6 12 years ago

Good to see that I am in the majority. Pretty much suck.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

My only issue is that when I get ball drains, I get them all at the same time!

I hate it when that happens! I can lose 3 balls within a second of each other.

#8 12 years ago

Im a wanna be . Its tough and all but someone has to do it.

#9 12 years ago

I went to 5 balls...that says it all....5 ball /multiball....I need to practice more.

#10 12 years ago

I always immediatley lose them In the outlanes. Really frustrates me. But I do loooove multiball

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

rommy said:My only issue is that when I get ball drains, I get them all at the same time!
    I hate it when that happens! I can lose 3 balls within a second of each other.

I call that the Tron effect. Happens to me all the time on that damn game!

#12 12 years ago

TAF is my multiball drain monster. Its showtime! Oh wait, back to one ball again....Not to good at kicking butt on mutliball for sure. Im a wannabe as well.

#13 12 years ago

As long as I can keep stuffing ramps, pops, or VUK's, I can usually hold on for a while. IM just seems to be my multiball kryptonite for some reason...
    I just hate it when they go over the flippers on a sling collision, or from a failed ramp attempt while cradling.
    So cheap!!!

#14 12 years ago

I'm as streaky at multiball as I am pinball in general. I'm pretty sure I hold the world's record for quickest multiball. But sometimes I can successfully stow balls in pops, etc, and get things going. My favorite is the purposeful drain if you know you have ball save.

#15 12 years ago

I am actually getting better on multiball but only on ToM. LoL. When Im feeling good about myself I just move over to WH2O to receive my serving of humble pie and some drain-o to wash it down.

#16 12 years ago

I usually do well but there are those times...

#17 12 years ago

I love the rush of Multi-Ball.

#18 12 years ago

bk2k is the most punishing multiball ever. It makes me feel like I can barely flip the ball up the field. I usually love multi ball, but on that machine, I am like "ugh, let's get this embarrassment over quick"

Taxi is a close second for spanking my A$$ the fastest.

#19 12 years ago

I panic.

I think the entire physics of the universe change during multiball because how can I keep a ball in play for 10 minutes but then lose all 3 at once during multiball?

double-facepalm.jpgdouble-facepalm.jpg

#20 12 years ago

I have tried like hell to control and have a plan with multi-ball-Not Working.
    I have lately pretty much given up and now mostly keep flipping as fast as I can until I have 1 ball left in play and can gain somewhat control of that last remaining ball.
    Hard to admit,but that's where I am at lately.

#21 12 years ago

Getaway I'm usually decent. That's an easy one though, just pop a ball up the supercharger coming out of the lock then take your time. Super's another story, but I could probably do it eventually.

BK2K I'm usually a disaster. Hey, let's dump all 3 balls on the right flipper at the same time! With no ball saver! On a game that moves like a caffeinated squirrel! Basically pray I can get one to the upper PF quickly and don't worry about the others draining. Jackpot's almost not even worth it anyway unless it's maxed, it's a lot easier to just keep cranking out WAR hurry-ups. Ransom is a lot more fun, since it's easy to hit the skyway for EB/points and you can intentionally drain and re-plunge balls to the upper PF for jackpot shots and WAR millions. You can also be a real sneaky bastard and leave a ball in the plunger at the end, which basically becomes a free extra ball.

#22 12 years ago

I love multi-ball great way to rack up points on most pins. I am starting to get pretty good with multi-ball but definitely have room to improve.

#23 12 years ago

Multi-ball is like sex.... hard to get and over real fast when you get it .

Jim

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from pintastic:

TAF is my multiball drain monster. Its showtime! Oh wait, back to one ball again....Not to good at kicking butt on mutliball for sure. Im a wannabe as well.

Haha I always figured myself to be pretty decent at MBs, as I often cradle one to two, and pick off whatever with the other, but yeah, in TAF, it's tough. I find if I can get one cradled on the right flipper, I can tackle thing MB really well, as the swamp spits out the ball to the right flipper, above the cradled ball, and over to the left, for an easy shot back to the vault.

I find all of Lawlor b/w machines to be hard MBs. I believe the reason is because of his use of very low targets.

#25 12 years ago

I could be better. I play a pretty controlled game. I rarely fire the ball right off the flippers without catching it first, and so there are many times where I blow multi-ball because I'm trying to control it TOO much. I'll have 2 balls trapped on my left flipper, for example, and will lose the free ball because I'm too paranoid about losing control of the two that are trapped. I don't know how many times I've lost a ball because it rolled off the end of the flipper in situations like that. Definitely something I'm working on.

Beyond THAT, however, I do alright.

#26 12 years ago

My favorite part of almost any game! I think I'm silightly above average. Most people I watch can't seem to focus on more than one ball at a time and they're more concerned with keeping everything in play rather than setting up for jackopts.
    Yeah, it's a gift for sure

#27 12 years ago

Thank god for JD's super game feature because if I have a crappy first ball the next ball starts off in multi-ball as well

#28 12 years ago

TZ multiball kicks my butt, always staring at the upper flipper trying to make the piano or ramp shot for battle the power shot while 1 or 2 balls drain below. But multiball is the best on any machine!

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

when I get ball drains, I get them all at the same time

...story of my life.

#30 12 years ago

I'm pretty good usually on multiballs, except Pat Lawlor's games which usually have a much more difficult combo/jackpot shot and I end up focusing too much on getting the jackpot and losing the other balls in the process.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-a-multi-ball-master-or-disaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.