2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by supermatt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you a control Freak?”

• Yes 3 votes
      11%
    • No 14 votes
      50%
    • Some of the time 11 votes
      39%
    • Depends if I am playing against others 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 28 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

When you play pinball and have a multiball going, do you tend to control the balls as much as possible or just makes shots as the balls reach the flippers? I would have to say I never really consider controlling the balls, I'm too impatient!

Rob

#2 2 years ago

There is nothing more annoying than playing with someone who catches the ball and takes each shot and catches again. What a bore. I understand it's the preferred method for getting high scores, but what awful grinding.

#3 2 years ago

I'm not, but I've been trying to get better at it. So much fun, especially on games with repeatable shots.

#4 2 years ago

Sometime I catch a ball to use to hit another ball if it's going SDTM. Most often it seems it's too crowded to make a clean shot unless you're down to just 2 balls left.

Eric

#5 2 years ago

yeah...seen that. Makes me want to hit the machine and tilt them out. I guess you need another thread for me asking if I'm Passive/Aggressive.

#6 2 years ago

depends on which pinball

and for sure, what i personaly like is to play all the balls on the voley, thats means you can hit a lot more switches, or... not if balls are just hitting others balls... its fun but more linked to luck

all the top players are keeping balls, to play with just 1 and only one, and making the right shot they need on that moment
    its not fun to watch, but for sure this method is the one to follow if you want to succeed

#7 2 years ago

I wish I was good enough to do that. I should work on it, but when I try the results are much worse than my usual method of trying to react and hit the jackpot shot. I know you have to get worse to get better though.

#8 2 years ago

timing and speed is key and knowing where your ball is or will be/predicted when you shoot , that in combo with looking fixed at lower playfield just split milisecond to upper when ball is shot and in that same milisecond you also look where other balls are when going back to fixed looking to lowerplayfield area , 3 balls i think you can do this way , 4 its better to just rocket them about asap, 2 balls you can go for holding one ball on flipper making shots with other one , last action is more like getting an extra ball in the game . but the part of luck you need to have with pinball will always be there . what i learned is with single ball and multiball if you hatch the ball and hold it and aim for shots you need to work the cabinet much more and get burnt more easilly and your scoring is moving on slowly , if you just fire shots away you can score faster and most of the times get higher highscores..

#9 2 years ago

great moments are when you see a ball coming down and know its going to center drain and know you have ball on left or right flipper that you can use to corrected the pad of the possible center draining ball , moments that make you smile when you succeed at it , in multiball its good to get the ball away fast but also good good that you slow down the multiball struggle to get overview of targets and it also will calm you down then begin back your multiball struggle

#10 2 years ago

I think you have to trap and choose your shots as you need to make them. On Whirlwind I've got it down perfect. I trap at least one ball on each flipper or preferably two on the left and one on the right, then I will keep back handing the one on the right flipper into the kick out hole and keep nailing the left ramp for as long as I can. With the increasing jackpot on each made ramp you can build up some huge point totals. I try to trap on others but don't have as much success.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 12.00
    $ 18.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 199.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside