(Topic ID: 251764)

Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic poll

“Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?”

• Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on an LE or SE 76 votes
    14%
  • Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on a Premium 39 votes
    7%
  • Really want the game but holding off decision until there is evidence playfield clear issues are resolved 93 votes
    18%
  • No - interested, but not at the Premium price point 150 votes
    28%
  • No - not a potential buyer (state reason in comments) 172 votes
    32%

(530 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

123951(81) (resized).jpg
MA 1 (resized).jpg
cc2.gif
cc.gif
screen-capture-7 (resized).png
sim.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago

Way too many games I haven't played to consider a brand new, over priced pin with potential problems that will affect resale/trade value down the line.

I can afford them, but I'd feel stupid paying $8000 for goddamn pinball machine. Say that out loud to a crowd of people - I Paid $8000 for an Elvira pinball machine. It's a pretty retarded statement and purchase.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Wow! You’re calling people retarded because they buy 1 pinball machine for 8000 bucks? Believe me, I’ve seen people lose a lot more than 8000 bucks in stocks, trades, getting swindled, fraud, bad relationships, divorces (shall I go on) and have NOTHING to show for it. NOTHING!! What pin can you buy that won’t have potential problems in the future that you hope to sell/trade later for that beach house in California and a Porsche in the driveway?
People will look at you stupid regardless of what hobby you have because your hobby is something they don’t like or understand. To them, you could scream out “ I bought (8) pinball machines for a 8000 bucks” and they would look at you and say WTF! Me, I would stand up, start a slow clap that eventually generates a Heath Ledger Joker Clap saying “ Good Job Ole Man”.
My non-pinball buddies don’t get it, but who cares. When they ask me why I spend that kind of money on a machine, I always tell them “Well, you make more money than me. How come you don’t have a pinball machine in your house??? Or........well.....what do you waste your money on???
BTW....I’m standing up in the Pinside crowd and yelling “ I just spent over 8000 bucks on an Elvira pinball machine and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.”

Jeez, you took that very personal.

This topic is "Are you a potential buyer?" and one of the poll options is "No - state reason in comments". So I did. I did not go into the Elvira fan club and say this outta the blue to troll you or anyone.

"I can afford them, but I'd feel stupid paying $8000 for goddamn pinball machine. Say that out loud to a crowd of people - I Paid $8000 for an Elvira pinball machine. It's a pretty retarded statement and purchase."

I clearly stated *I* would feel stupid paying $8000 for an Elvira pinball and that *I* feel it's a retarded purchase.

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else spend your money on. But *ME* personally, since I was "asked" in this poll to state my reason, would feel stupid and retarded saying that to anyone if I did buy one. That's my reason.

Buy what you want, why do you care what I think so much about your purchase? (Rhetorical question, you really do not need to respond further)

Hope you and any other owners enjoy your pin. Sincerely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (Firm)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-a-buyer-or-potential-buyer-for-elviras-house-of-horrors?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.