(Topic ID: 251764)

Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic poll

“Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?”

• Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on an LE or SE 76 votes
    14%
  • Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on a Premium 39 votes
    7%
  • Really want the game but holding off decision until there is evidence playfield clear issues are resolved 93 votes
    18%
  • No - interested, but not at the Premium price point 150 votes
    28%
  • No - not a potential buyer (state reason in comments) 172 votes
    32%

(530 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

123951(81) (resized).jpg
MA 1 (resized).jpg
cc2.gif
cc.gif
screen-capture-7 (resized).png
sim.gif
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If all i had was the Orlando Magic i'd probably hate it too

You know there is a team closer called the Miami Heat, right?

#102 4 years ago

Was never considering due to the theme but with this price increase I might as well live in Australia.

#103 4 years ago

I really wanted to buy this game. In fact I order a LE when I first heard the game was coming out at TPF. But at this price point I'm out. I may not even buy a premium. The premium looks like a pro to me. I have both EATPM and SS and wanted all 3. Looks like I'll wait a while. Stern disappointed me on this one because of price alone.

#104 4 years ago

I'm in on a premium because:

- I love Elvira as a theme
- Nordman is my favorite designer
- Lyman on code + all those inserts + shots
- custom Elvira video
- potential for awesome LCD animations not found in SS (I'm not giving up my SS though)
- house looks cool
- pinball is fun and I like having fun

Playfield quality is a concern. I'm willing to wait well into next year (or later) before buying.

#105 4 years ago

Can someone with more knowledge than me explain why these aren't cheaper, given there is clearly a strong demand? I imagine they have some margin to play with.

As said by our Australian/Canadian friends. Overseas sales are taking a real hit due to the USD exchange rate, in the UK the price is really hard to swallow for what this machine offers. This means the second hand market will also be pretty grim. Still if it's a home-run we always find a way!

#106 4 years ago

No money
No Honey

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

There are better pinball machines on the horizon than Elvira.......Deeproot is coming soon and Scott Danesi's new Haunted House pin is on the horizon as well. Let's not forget a new Brian Eddy themed pinball machine is in the works at Stern too. I'm really hoping he's working on Godzilla. That guy has designed some of the all-time greatest pinball machines. I like the theme of Elvira but the playfield leaves something to be desired.....I'll watch the DeadFlip gameplay reveal next week and see how it looks. The days of blindly buying a $8000+ pinball machine for a game are over. Heck it takes Stern 2+ years on average if not longer to finish the damn code! There will be plenty on the used market months after launch for far less in price. Let someone else absorb the premium of buying a NIB.....not me!

Just curious, how do you know deeproot or danesi will be better? Dont recall seeing any game play for those.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

I really wanted to buy this game. In fact I order a LE when I first heard the game was coming out at TPF. But at this price point I'm out. I may not even buy a premium. The premium looks like a pro to me. I have both EATPM and SS and wanted all 3. Looks like I'll wait a while. Stern disappointed me on this one because of price alone.

Don, you can come play mine

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Jeez, you took that very personal.
This topic is "Are you a potential buyer?" and one of the poll options is "No - state reason in comments". So I did. I did not go into the Elvira fan club and say this outta the blue to troll you or anyone.
"I can afford them, but I'd feel stupid paying $8000 for goddamn pinball machine. Say that out loud to a crowd of people - I Paid $8000 for an Elvira pinball machine. It's a pretty retarded statement and purchase."
I clearly stated *I* would feel stupid paying $8000 for an Elvira pinball and that *I* feel it's a retarded purchase.
I don't give a shit what you or anyone else spend your money on. But *ME* personally, since I was "asked" in this poll to state my reason, would feel stupid and retarded saying that to anyone if I did buy one. That's my reason.
Buy what you want, why do you care what I think so much about your purchase? (Rhetorical question, you really do not need to respond further)
Hope you and any other owners enjoy your pin. Sincerely.

I respect your opinion, that's why I didn't downvote it. I'm sorry you would feel bad (I think you used the word "retarded) spending $8000 dollars on something (anything) that would make you happy (sincerely) Just a rhetorical answer.

#110 4 years ago

All I can say is that, if you buy an Elvira and there are ANY issues with the clearcoat, you'd better hesitate posting the issues on Pinside. The "told ya so" crowd will show no mercy.

Better to wait until Stern makes a real statement on the topic.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

All I can say is that, if you buy an Elvira and there are ANY issues with the clearcoat, you'd better hesitate posting the issues on Pinside. The "told ya so" crowd will show no mercy.

cc.gifcc.gifcc2.gifcc2.gif
#112 4 years ago

I might be in for an HUO one once the code is finished in 2025...

Sorry, but waiting for KISS to be done and these latest playfield issues has me looking at CGC games when it comes to NIB.

#113 4 years ago

I am not in on any new pins, at least for the foreseeable future because I have not come close to mastering the 10 great pins I already have; and, I have no more room to add any without swapping one out.

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

I am not in on any new pins, at least for the foreseeable future because I have not come close to mastering the 10 great pins I already have; and, I have no more room to add any without swapping one out.

Really nice collection. You should be very happy with that group of pins.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Better to wait until Stern makes a real statement on the topic.

Oh I know

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

You do have a great collection...but come on...Hobbit ain't that worth keeping other great new titles from entering your home

#117 4 years ago

I might be a potential buyer but certainly need to play first. The price point on this is quite what I expected considering Elvira assets involved as well as the design team. I think the markup was going to be there anyhow just like B66. No real surprise with no Pro model. I have a SS and enjoy it very much. Hopefully this new pin will bring Elvira to a new level of gameplay. We shall see. Of course current pf issues are a concern but I’m in no hurry.

#118 4 years ago

I'm a potential on this one.

The code wait really is an issue for me & the clear is a an issue for me.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Of course current pf issues are a concern but I’m in no hurry.

This.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The code wait really is an issue for me & the clear is a an issue for me.

Definitely the clear coating PF issues for sure, hopefully they resolved that. Code wise it's Lyman so we already know it will get the attention and love it deserves in that aspect with a phenomenal rule set.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Code wise it's Lyman so we already know ...

...that it will take a very long time to complete; that's the part that's worrying me. If the game is good I want to buy, but I might not have to buy for like 8 months is the thing.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...that it will take a very long time to complete; that's the part that's worrying me. If the game is good I want to buy, but I might not have to buy for like 8 months is the thing.

I agree 8 months at a minimum, this way the code will be further along by then and we get to see and hear how the PF 's are holding up after the alleged fixes.

#123 4 years ago

I'm out. I don't see anything on the playfield that really is unique. Looks to be just another clone layout that has been done over and over again. The artwork is disappointing. Elvira should have been displayed more/larger on the playfield.

#124 4 years ago

My NIB money is going towards a Big Ball Bowler.

#125 4 years ago

It looks fun. No reason to be in a hurry. I look forward to playing it.

#126 4 years ago

EDIT: Took me a while but I found an LE and put a deposit down ... had a shot at an SLE but ouch on price ...

#127 4 years ago

I love Elvira so much, but not at nowadays NIB prices, unfortunately. Luckily I have the option of location play.. feel bad for pinball enthusiasts that don't live anywhere near any places to play.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Can someone with more knowledge than me explain why these aren't cheaper, given there is clearly a strong demand? I imagine they have some margin to play with.
As said by our Australian/Canadian friends. Overseas sales are taking a real hit due to the USD exchange rate, in the UK the price is really hard to swallow for what this machine offers. This means the second hand market will also be pretty grim. Still if it's a home-run we always find a way!

I'm pretty sure Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) is making a pretty good coin of this pin considering she has complete ownership of the Elvira character so obviously that drove prices up

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

prices for a Jurassic Premium and a Elvira Premium are only $400USD apart but in Aus went up $2000
19-9-19
USD = AUD is
$1USD = $1.47AUD
$400USD = $590AUD
then look at their release page of the difference between the 2 models premiums[quoted image]

Well that’s a lot of Loony!

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You know there is a team closer called the Miami Heat, right?

That's even worse now

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Edelan:

EDIT: Took me a while but I found an LE and put a deposit down ... had a shot at an SLE but ouch on price ...

how much was the SLE price?

#132 4 years ago

I'm out on new machines for awhile. Enjoying my current lineup. Been poking around for a mint SS ironically, not easy to find or cheap.....

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm out on new machines for awhile. Enjoying my current lineup.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks...yours as well. I really do have a game for most moods I'm in when it's time to play....

#135 4 years ago

I'm out... sitting on the sideline.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpin24:

I'm pretty sure Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) is making a pretty good coin of this pin considering she has complete ownership of the Elvira character

As she deserves to!

#137 4 years ago

Wife made an executive decision. So I'm in on a prem.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Wife made an executive decision. So I'm in on a prem.

Better then not getting it at all

I'm in for a LE.
Game looks great to me.

#139 4 years ago

Didn't think I would get down voted for buying a machine. I guess in the future I will ask pinside how to spend my own money. My wife has been waiting for this game since Dennis started working on it.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Didn't think I would get down voted for buying a machine. I guess in the future I will ask pinside how to spend my own money. My wife has been waiting for this game since Dennis started working on it.

Or you just make your decision about you spend your money. Don’t ask for anyone’s approval.

You could have just said you’re “in on a Prem” and left it at that. But either way, happy for you that you are getting this pin. Looks like a fun one. Congrats!

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My NIB money is going towards a Big Ball Bowler.

I got a big ball bowler 2yrs ago and restored and rethemed it to "Monster Alley." Im excited to add Elvira to my gameroom. Paid in full on a premium and have my fingers crossed to get it by Halloween.
MA 1 (resized).jpgMA 1 (resized).jpg

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I think you were just getting grief for letting your wife make your pinball buying decisions...they're just teasing ya.

#143 4 years ago

I take the down votes with a grain of salt. I like the fact there is no pro model for it. And I haven't even called my distributor about price not that it matters much. I'm getting one regardless.

#144 4 years ago

LE ordered , will likely just add . Like my collection and not sure what I would sell.

#145 4 years ago

Anyone considering a playfield protector right out of the box? Concerned about the vuk launch.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Anyone considering a playfield protector right out of the box? Concerned about the vuk launch.

Yes. Protector had done well for me on Batman. Cheap insurance for a new game.

#147 4 years ago

I was in on an LE but now it looks like maybe, MAYBE a Premium.

Everyone needs to pull back and these price hikes will hopefully start to relax. Just like concert tickets these days, prices are just going stupid high because people just keep paying.

If everyone stopped buying in protest of the playfield issues, it would get resolved very quickly.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Protector had done well for me on Batman. Cheap insurance for a new game.

Looks like theyll be available in a few weeks. Probably not in time for LEs shipping but should be for prems.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Looks like theyll be available in a few weeks. Probably not in time for LEs shipping but should be for prems.

Are they easy to install and do games play differently?

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:Anyone considering a playfield protector right out of the box? Concerned about the vuk launch.

We have been putting playfield protectors on every NIB since 2016. The protectors and Cliffys go one before we plunge a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-a-buyer-or-potential-buyer-for-elviras-house-of-horrors/page/3?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.