(Topic ID: 251764)

Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic poll

“Are you a buyer or potential buyer for Elvira’s House of Horrors?”

• Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on an LE or SE 76 votes
    14%
  • Yes - have or will purchase(d) or placed deposit on a Premium 39 votes
    7%
  • Really want the game but holding off decision until there is evidence playfield clear issues are resolved 93 votes
    18%
  • No - interested, but not at the Premium price point 150 votes
    28%
  • No - not a potential buyer (state reason in comments) 172 votes
    32%

(530 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

123951(81) (resized).jpg
MA 1 (resized).jpg
cc2.gif
cc.gif
screen-capture-7 (resized).png
sim.gif

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago

looks great, I just ordered a deapool but would love Elvira if it plays well. I waited on BM66 and pulled the trigger on a Catwoman. BM66 is amazing, the play, theme integration and code is impressive. I know the code was rough at the beginning and turned people away so I may hold off on Elvira until I know we will love it.

#52 4 years ago

Other then the house it looks like reinventing the wheel again from scared stiff. You have the leapers to bash, dead heads again but it’s a target now, coffin, crate again and who know what potential PF issues with a new higher price tag. Pass pass pass, maybe from the second or third hand market down the road if it has more then SS had. Who is the code programmer anyway?

#53 4 years ago

I agree, I think it's going to be a BKSOR ordeal. That title fell pretty flat as far as I can tell.
I think pinball is a lot like movies. The sequals aren't as good?

Why am I not buying? While I think Elvira is a smoking hot lady.... the theme... meh.
And to be fair, the themes I have been attracted too ... the game play itself let me down. To me there's just no innovation left in pinball and the quality with the top 2 players is reaaalllly bad. Nothing to really get a person excited about And I'm thankful honestly. I need to spend my money on more important things and this just makes it easier.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I agree, I think it's going to be a BKSOR ordeal. That title fell pretty flat as far as I can tell.
I think pinball is a lot like movies. The sequals aren't as good?
Why am I not buying? While I think Elvira is a smoking hot lady.... the theme... meh.
And to be fair, the themes I have been attracted too ... the game play itself let me down. To me there's just no innovation left in pinball and the quality with the top 2 players is reaaalllly bad. Nothing to really get a person excited about And I'm thankful honestly. I need to spend my money on more important things and this just makes it easier.

Agreed. I feel the same.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

All of my local locations and barcades have a great selection of EM, SS, System 11, and 90's era dmd's. Lot cheaper than NIB

The diff in drop btwn. old and new isn't even comparable. Especially when you factor in the time/parts it took you to get the old game reliable.
If I had a set-rate location I might think differently, but as far as pay-per-play new games make a lot more usually... unless it the munsters .
Worse comes to worse you loose 2500 when it comes time to sell, but hopefully you would of made that up.

Everything else coin op related looses a lot more value when it comes time. Most items you'd be lucky to make 25% of the original value.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Who is the code programmer anyway?

I just don't think anybody knows!!!!

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe depending the location, I’ve seen plenty of MB LE, Wonka LE, Munsters LE and lots of premium pins. I’m not sure if the ops are taking a loss to get the good games tho.

Ive got plenty of the New stuff to. However, its only at barcades that are selling the beer. Beer is making the money to buy the pins, not the coin drop.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don't think anybody knows!!!!

Lyman. His name is on the LEs and SEs

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Other then the house it looks like reinventing the wheel again from scared stiff.

This was done on purpose FYI. It's like MM and Scared Stiff had a baby LOL - Which has great, great potential - I think it's going to be awesome!

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

okay but some place you now have to pay state taxes so add that instead of shipping

Avoidable. Call around

#61 4 years ago

Would like like to get it but not at new price point charged especially the Aussie distributor additional charge

#62 4 years ago

I’m in. I have been collecting pins for many years and this is the first time I bought a NIB. Went with the LE. Amazingly, I had to call around before I could fine a dealer that didn’t blow through their allocation already. It looks like the LE(s) are going to sell out soon. To me this game looks like Stern’s attempt to make a Bally pin. I think that is a good thing. Already have the other 2 titles, needed this one to complete the set.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Would like like to get it but not at new price point charged especially the Aussie distributor additional charge

What additional charge?

#64 4 years ago

No more Stern until clear coat playfiled problems are 100% resolved.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

What additional charge?

prices for a Jurassic Premium and a Elvira Premium are only $400USD apart but in Aus went up $2000

19-9-19
USD = AUD is
$1USD = $1.47AUD
$400USD = $590AUD

then look at their release page of the difference between the 2 models premiums

screen-capture-7 (resized).pngscreen-capture-7 (resized).png
#66 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

prices for a Jurassic Premium and a Elvira Premium are only $400USD apart but in Aus went up $2000
19-9-19
USD = AUD is
$1USD = $1.47AUD
$400USD = $590AUD
then look at their release page of the difference between the 2 models premiums

Wow! Thanks for pointing that out.

#67 4 years ago

If money didn't matter, of course I would be a buyer. Then I wouldn't care about QC issues either.

Game will be a ton of fun and Lyman will code it superbly.

#68 4 years ago

I have both older Elvira games in my collection, and love the “Halloween” style themes. Been waiting for this to come out for a while.
However, I looked at the PF and my first impression is that there is nothing on it? As a comparison, look at EATMP, it is Loaded/packed with stuff and 30 years old.

After seeing a picture I really need to play one to make my decision

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

To me this game looks like Stern’s attempt to make a Bally pin. I think that is a good thing.

Well thank God. I mean, they've only been making machines since they were Sega...I mean Data East....

31 years, but we finally might have it down!!!!!! Hope that clearcoat holds!!!!

#70 4 years ago

Yes, SLE on the way.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowman:

Yes, SLE on the way.

Awesome!

#72 4 years ago

Not interested , waiting for a new theme , or if a theme previously done, JP or GNR

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowman:

Yes, SLE on the way.

Awesome! Congrats

#74 4 years ago

Would love this game but Stern appear to be oblivious to the fact that the rest of the world is struggling with the very strong US dollar, which stings even more every time they put the price up.

Our dollar has fallen another 3% in the last 6 weeks resulting in cheapest model of this game now selling here for $13,500 Australian dollars!

You guys in America may not think that this is reliant to you, but watch what happens when the majority of the world can't afford to buy new games any more!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Would love this game but Stern appear to be oblivious to the fact that the rest of the world is struggling with the very strong US dollar, and increases to push the price point on new games.
Our dollar has fallen another 3% in the last 6 weeks resulting in cheapest model of this game now selling here for $13,500 Australian dollars!
You guys in America may not think that this is reliant to you, but watch what happens when the majority of the world can't afford to buy new games any more!

I feel for you guys! I already thought the Nib prices were getting out of hand, but to have to pay as much as you do for conversion rates. Is crazy

#76 4 years ago

I’m very lucky to work at a bowling center that the op buys every new game that comes out. I will play the one on location and if in a couple of years of playing it I I want one I will purchase a used one. It took me almost 2 years of playing BM66 before I decided to purchase one.

#77 4 years ago

I was so excited about this game!
Then the release:

1/ I am not usually a basher, but the middle of the playfield is blowing in the wind! It looks like MM had an affair with ST (Stern), minus the trolls. Btw, I do not like either MM or ST.
2/ I own a DPLE and kinda like the "color and overcrowded art explosion". But, this looks more like a "Barbie Doll playhouse" for Elvira fans.
3/ Positive: Stern has a subway.
4/ Positive: Stern did not omit the mamary glands.

I was at the "please take my money mode" until I saw the playfield AND the increasingly overbloated prices.

Can someone show me where the sidelines are?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Way too many games I haven't played to consider a brand new, over priced pin with potential problems that will affect resale/trade value down the line.
I can afford them, but I'd feel stupid paying $8000 for goddamn pinball machine. Say that out loud to a crowd of people - I Paid $8000 for an Elvira pinball machine. It's a pretty retarded statement and purchase.

Wow! You’re calling people retarded because they buy 1 pinball machine for 8000 bucks? Believe me, I’ve seen people lose a lot more than 8000 bucks in stocks, trades, getting swindled, fraud, bad relationships, divorces (shall I go on) and have NOTHING to show for it. NOTHING!! What pin can you buy that won’t have potential problems in the future that you hope to sell/trade later for that beach house in California and a Porsche in the driveway?

People will look at you stupid regardless of what hobby you have because your hobby is something they don’t like or understand. To them, you could scream out “ I bought (8) pinball machines for a 8000 bucks” and they would look at you and say WTF! Me, I would stand up, start a slow clap that eventually generates a Heath Ledger Joker Clap saying “ Good Job Ole Man”.

My non-pinball buddies don’t get it, but who cares. When they ask me why I spend that kind of money on a machine, I always tell them “Well, you make more money than me. How come you don’t have a pinball machine in your house??? Or........well.....what do you waste your money on???

BTW....I’m standing up in the Pinside crowd and yelling “ I just spent over 8000 bucks on an Elvira pinball machine and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.”

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Wow! You’re calling people retarded because they buy 1 pinball machine for 8000 bucks? Believe me, I’ve seen people lose a lot more than 8000 bucks in stocks, trades, getting swindled, fraud, bad relationships, divorces (shall I go on) and have NOTHING to show for it. NOTHING!! What pin can you buy that won’t have potential problems in the future that you hope to sell/trade later for that beach house in California and a Porsche in the driveway?
People will look at you stupid regardless of what hobby you have because your hobby is something they don’t like or understand. To them, you could scream out “ I bought (8) pinball machines for a 8000 bucks” and they would look at you and say WTF! Me, I would stand up, start a slow clap that eventually generates a Heath Ledger Joker Clap saying “ Good Job Ole Man”.
My non-pinball buddies don’t get it, but who cares. When they ask me why I spend that kind of money on a machine, I always tell them “Well, you make more money than me. How come you don’t have a pinball machine in your house??? Or........well.....what do you waste your money on???
BTW....I’m standing up in the Pinside crowd and yelling “ I just spent over 8000 bucks on an Elvira pinball machine and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.”

Don't get me wrong, if a themed pin came out I really want and I feel it's art, mechs, flow are on par I'd probably pay 8000, GNR for example, I do feel like at some point Stern Has to start making Original themes again...(I often forget they did some in the early 2000s)

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

No more Stern until clear coat playfiled problems are 100% resolved.

Maybe I'm lucky but ive had no pf issues from Stern. And ive bought a lot of Recent NIB pins over the last few years.

And According to my distributor all the playfield issues have been resolved before they started production on these LEs/SLE’s.

#81 4 years ago

I let the Aussie distrbutor know I was interested in this game quite along time ago. Received a call from them this morning asking if I wanted to place my order. I passed, far too expensive for what is on offer. A blatant attempt by Stern to cash in, this and the markup by the local distributor puts the LE at $15.5k here! Hopefully this machine doesn't sell well and Stern get the message, but who am I kinding when it's all about maximising profit.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Maybe I'm lucky but ive had no pf issues from Stern. And ive bought a lot of Recent NIB pins over the last few years.
And According to my distributor all the playfield issues have been resolved before they started production on these LEs/SLE’s.

Take that back. Had a faded font issue on a SWPro a few years ago. Stern QC even left the tape on the pf noted the issue and forgot to take the tape off. Its seems the Pro models are bastards, before the go onto production of LEs/Prems.

#83 4 years ago

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Obsessed with materialism

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Jeez, you took that very personal.

This topic is "Are you a potential buyer?" and one of the poll options is "No - state reason in comments". So I did. I did not go into the Elvira fan club and say this outta the blue to troll you or anyone.

"I can afford them, but I'd feel stupid paying $8000 for goddamn pinball machine. Say that out loud to a crowd of people - I Paid $8000 for an Elvira pinball machine. It's a pretty retarded statement and purchase."

I clearly stated *I* would feel stupid paying $8000 for an Elvira pinball and that *I* feel it's a retarded purchase.

I don't give a shit what you or anyone else spend your money on. But *ME* personally, since I was "asked" in this poll to state my reason, would feel stupid and retarded saying that to anyone if I did buy one. That's my reason.

Buy what you want, why do you care what I think so much about your purchase? (Rhetorical question, you really do not need to respond further)

Hope you and any other owners enjoy your pin. Sincerely.

#86 4 years ago

Fix the playfield issues and I’ll think about it.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I let the Aussie distrbutor know I was interested in this game quite along time ago. Received a call from them this morning asking if I wanted to place my order. I passed, far too expensive for what is on offer. A blatant attempt by Stern to cash in, this and the markup by the local distributor puts the LE at $15.5k here! Hopefully this machine doesn't sell well and Stern get the message, but who am I kinding when it's all about maximising profit.

I think if the local distributor priced the premium closer to the Jurassic premium they would get more sales

heard they have 32 x LE's and 3 x Signature's coming in

#88 4 years ago

Pinball is becoming a rich person's hobby, I purchased about 4 new pinballs in the last 3 years, and have a total of 50 games, but at 8000 + for a pinball machine is getting to expensive. I might just start bringing a roll of quarters and play the new games on location and save myself 8000 and move on to the next game like I used to back in the day in arcades.

#89 4 years ago

Sorry I am dumb, but what does ACNC stand for?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sorry I am dumb, but what does ACNC stand for?

Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle

#91 4 years ago

The pinball hobby is not so bad. Would you rather have a piece of cardboard in a plastic slab for $38k?

ebay.com link: 1961 Fleer Basketball Wilt Chamberlain ROOKIE RC 8 PSA 9 MINT PWCC

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball hobby is not so bad. Would you rather have a piece of cardboard in a plastic slab for $38k?
ebay.com link » 1961 Fleer Basketball Wilt Chamberlain Rookie Rc 8 Psa 9 Mint Pwcc

I hate basketball!

#93 4 years ago

I'll probably buy a Premium, but I'm just waiting for the Danger stream so that I can review the game flow, call outs, and music. The theme plus Lyman is very enticing. I regret not buying a SS previously, after recently playing one at my maintenance guy's house. That's a damn good game which I'm late to the party recognizing, congrats to owners! Surprisingly so from my perspective. If this new game in the same neighborhood, I'm game to drop the coin. Who knows, I might still try for a SS in the future to boot.

#94 4 years ago

Acknowledge that the play field issues have been resolved and you’ll have my 9k.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I was very hyped for this pin, but after thinking it all over I decided to pass. The house really is just a fancy diverter for the orbits, the trunk is just a fancy kick back, and the VUK is kinda pointless.
The crypt pretty cool. I'm going to wait it out maybe pick up a HUO a few years down the road when the code matures. In the meantime my next pin is going to be a Ghostbusters Premium.

I sadly have to agree, the House Ramp is the Iron Maiden centre jump ramp with a diverter behind it to feed the orbits, wrapped around a house.

The trunk is kinda cool, but it is kind of a fancy kick back, and the VUK is kind of pointless if you can't aim it?
But I do like the crypt! Even though it feeds the VUK which you can't aim.

I assume the "basement" under the ramp feeds the VUK as well?

#96 4 years ago

Too expensive. Was very interested and planned to get a Pro but since there isnt one I have to pass. I cant spend that kind of money on a pinball machine.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pinball hobby is not so bad.

*looks at your collection in terms of size and game titles*

Uh.................................................huh. For those who can afford it - right?

Cause about 5 years ago, pros were about $4400 all day and night. Now they're about $6K shipped. That's about a 36.4% increase. Doubt everyone's wages kept up with that.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I hate basketball!

If all i had was the Orlando Magic i'd probably hate it too

#99 4 years ago

Looks like a good game. No confidence in build. RECKLESS cost cutting. Location play all day.

#100 4 years ago

There are better pinball machines on the horizon than Elvira.......Deeproot is coming soon and Scott Danesi's new Haunted House pin is on the horizon as well. Let's not forget a new Brian Eddy themed pinball machine is in the works at Stern too. I'm really hoping he's working on Godzilla. That guy has designed some of the all-time greatest pinball machines. I like the theme of Elvira but the playfield leaves something to be desired.....I'll watch the DeadFlip gameplay reveal next week and see how it looks. The days of blindly buying a $8000+ pinball machine for a game are over. Heck it takes Stern 2+ years on average if not longer to finish the damn code! There will be plenty on the used market months after launch for far less in price. Let someone else absorb the premium of buying a NIB.....not me!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Yucaipa, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 26.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-a-buyer-or-potential-buyer-for-elviras-house-of-horrors/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.