(Topic ID: 239472)

Are we in the golden age of pinball right now?

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by eagle18
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOL T (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

it is a good time for pinball, but not a 'golden age'
    that would have been in the 70s and early 80s when you had three manufactures, bringing out at least 6 new games a year, new ideas were tried, tecnology was embrased, and arcades still existed

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wasn’t alive for the 70’s golden era and I was just getting into playing pinball in the 90’s.
    But the modern pinball era is different because of the Internet. Now we have small companies making mods for new games as well as parts for old games. We have many options to build homebrew games from scratch. Retheming a game is now easier then ever with photoshop and 3d printers. I just think that pinball has a lot going for it, that it didn’t have in the past.
    Or maybe I’m just to young to know what the good times were like.

sucks to be you
    people my age saw the end of EMs and the start of SS
    we saw games go from one playfeild to having two or three
    the solid state era was one that went ahead in leaps and bounds, the simple games of 1977 were quickly followed by the epic machines in 1979/80

it was a great time to be a teenager

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-in-the-golden-age-of-pinball-right-now?tu=popbumperpete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.