Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have think we are in a price bubble ”

• Yes 36 votes
      43%
    • No 20 votes
      24%
    • Your just cranky 28 votes
      33%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    D8F88F06-0371-4BC6-BFAA-F902F31FE045 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Crashes happen when a group of folks are in it for the money and/or leveraged, can't afford what they are buying (which usually has to do with buying to try to make money and likely borrowing to do so) or when a large group has to sell similar things to pay for basic "needs".

Pinball have any of those things going on right now?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

How much new purchasing can the ecosystem bear before those whales can't afford to suck up those games? And what happens when the lower priced market is saturated because those whales are selling games to fund the latest and greatest? I don't know if the insurgence of enthusiasts can pick up that slack especially with the price of entry into this hobby.

I see what you are saying. Keep in mind pins really have a small group of collectors. Tiny! Doesn’t take many new folks to keep it going. Think it has been around 100 years also. Pins are nothing new.

And look who is coming in - Nerds! A bunch of “nerds” are coming into pinball. Alot of these nerds have good paying jobs in Tech, engineering etc and enjoy fixing things. They are coming in at “today’s” pricing. They are not going to be held back mentally on buying a $2500 T2 because they don’t remember when T2 was $1250. They were not around pinball then. That being said many of these new folks have no problem spending $7000+ on a game.

And look around, pinball is a lower price collectible/hobby for what it is and 5X as fun as other stuff out there. What else are they going to do? Collect watches? Let’s collect high grade 1950’s baseball cards! Or ski! Golf! Buy a boat? Small batch bourbon. Anything along the lines of a $1100 Fire Power type bargain in that group?

#20 4 years ago

I think the bitching and complaining will drive a few folks away from pinball.

Maybe that is folks plan? Bitch a lot - which will keep newbies away and also drive current people away so they sell. They will sell cheap of course. The whiners will come in and suck of all the bargains up with no competition.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Shit, that's me.
    Almost every pin head I know is a programmer.

I am not one, but I know many many many. They rock

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-in-a-pricing-bubble-?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.