(Topic ID: 332717)

Are we at the point of Market Saturation?

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 515 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 9.34.09 AM (resized).jpg
    IMG_6976.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    fire sale 2.gif
    Fire sale.gif
    20170903_171730 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    59350CAC-CB2C-4889-8A36-E42636F1914C (resized).png
    0E051AB2-3FEE-41FA-8C49-917644477DF2 (resized).png
    007-american-pinball-teases-game-5 (resized).jpg
    87B1931A-0009-4634-B85B-1BB1DFADDD87 (resized).jpeg
    B061F6F2-5B02-4918-8AF7-0441C1913D65 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 1 year ago

The market isn't even close to saturated. Stern played their hand right even if we don't like it. They had a huge price increase to keep the flipping profit in house and reset the used market with Bond and all FFLE's sold out in record time. CGC just announced a single level retro game that sold 1000 LE's in a few hours. That's 2 companies in a week or so's time to sell 1000 le's like it's nothing. The used market will finally go back to what it used to be and only a few titles will hold or increase in value and everything else will lose a few grand like it should. If you want to sell a fairly new game for a profit you are going to be out of luck. Price a game to sell at it will still sell pretty quickly.

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rizmo:

I sure hope prices drop before covid. I would love to buy DMD pins for a couple thousand.

Not likely to see too much of a drop on the older used market. It's nib purchases that will take a much bigger hit and recently released stuff. Will be nice to get used premiums for a nice discount again. Let the FOMO buyers eat the loss and mod them to death before they have to chase the next release.

1 week later
    #414 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Interesting argument shift...Anyway, so wages have doubled while inflation has only gone up 6%. Your employees are killing it! Especially now that they are buying $2 gas and $3 eggs!

Quoted from rai:

Labor costs double?

I live in the same general area. While labor costs haven't doubled they have skyrocketed here. The price of a lower end hourly employee is $6+ per hr more than precovid. Labor costs in my field are up 30-45% depending on the position and the applicant. That's may not be double but that is a huge jump and will continue to drive the costs of goods and services up. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. It just is what it is.

Quoted from floyd1977:

I paid $6300 for TWD premium in 2016, but yeah, that was then.
    Thanks for the response!

I still remember my $3800 Iron Man and still have my $5400 Met Premium. Ahh, the good old days. When MSRP was the just a random number that nobody paid.

#417 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Met was 6400 to the door not 5500 nib no

I don't remember, I think MSRP was $5899 but I could be wrong. Nobody paid MSRP then though. I do know I paid $5400 and that was will it delivered. How times have changed.

#425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I paid $6400 delivered for my MET Premium back in the day. $5400 seems like a shockingly low number...Of course they produced MET for quite some time and I bought towards the end I think...

Mine was fairly early and I got a great deal on it. I should have bought 100 IM pro's for $3800. Would do a lot better than my retirement accounts since then lol. I'd like to saturate the market with them for 7k each.

#432 1 year ago

I kept thinking a galatic plumber was going to show up to work on that woman's space plumbing but it just never happened. What a tease.

#436 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

you got a great price and unsure how. I paid less than msrp 7400 for an Le met but it was oversold and Birmingham vending company said sterns Jim belt contacted him and said me and some others where out of luck some days later and at that point no one else had le available, so decided to go with a roadcase from pinball refinery and also paid under msrp at 6400 delivered. All other distributors were all about that. And this was before stern made all distributors even Jj at gamers exchange stick to one price . Those were the days . But you and a nib at 5500 or even at 6 would be a miracle or you are the distributor

They made a billion of premiums and after the initial rush settled they were easy to get for good deals. Mine is a roadcase as well. I got it cheaper because nobody wanted it. They all wanted a monsters one and the distro was tired of sitting on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-point-of-market-saturation-?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.