(Topic ID: 332717)

Are we at the point of Market Saturation?

By vdojaq

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 515 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 9.34.09 AM (resized).jpg
    IMG_6976.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    fire sale 2.gif
    Fire sale.gif
    20170903_171730 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    59350CAC-CB2C-4889-8A36-E42636F1914C (resized).png
    0E051AB2-3FEE-41FA-8C49-917644477DF2 (resized).png
    007-american-pinball-teases-game-5 (resized).jpg
    87B1931A-0009-4634-B85B-1BB1DFADDD87 (resized).jpeg
    B061F6F2-5B02-4918-8AF7-0441C1913D65 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobwiley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 1 year ago

I do wonder about the demographic changes, if any, of owners home use pinball machines. I got into the hobby over 20 years ago. It didn't seem like a high end hobby. Just lotsa people who liked to fix stuff up and play arcades. Now I don't know if it's that the technology has advanced where people can't easily fix stuff up themselves or another reason, but a lot of people (only based off of the posts I've seen), either don't know how to fix stuff and outsource repairs or only buy NIB. I dunno, if I was younger and saw this hobby and these prices I would have found another. I would leave auctions when they got to the dmd games because they were too rich for my blood in the late 90s early 2000s. I do wonder if the 80s and 90s pins will drop to almost EM prices did back in the day because there are newer more relevant licensed pins than Lost in Space or Apollo 13.

I agree the art is a huge draw for me. I don't get to play much, so at least something that is artistically appealing to look at is important. That's why Hard Bodies is probably going to be the next game to get promoted to an A tier game. But seriously, if I came into enough money to buy a NIB, it better check all the boxes, theme, gameplay and art. I get you can sell a game and not take too much of a hit, but to have 12k around at one time that you can park in a pinball machine is quite a fortunate and not common situation for a lot of people. So I would guess if 5 machines are being released in a year, your not gonna fine many people who are going to buy more than one that year. I don't think we're at saturation yet. We'll need a blockbuster theme that non-pinball people start talking about and your neighbors and buddies have it too. Then we'll be at saturation when they try to unload it at thier garage sale.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from insight75:

All I know is I've seen some really nice houses when picking up machines.

Maybe the new blood of pinball owners aren't just good at fixing machines, they can also swing a hammer pretty good!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobwiley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-point-of-market-saturation-?tu=bobwiley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.