(Topic ID: 290960)

Are we at the peak of pinball pricing

By the9gman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this the peak of the pinball market”

• No, pinball will change with the times and go on 73 votes
      33%
    • Yes ,we are at the market peak 42 votes
      19%
    • we are not at the market peak yet 71 votes
      32%
    • somebody grant levi his wish 37 votes
      17%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    ST-collection (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cliff.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0A82CCBA-017E-43EB-8516-A02962032D9C (resized).jpeg
    CFBAAB8B-ED33-4A8D-90AC-37F58940C7F2.jpeg
    bubbles.gif
    tenor-6 (resized).png
    140748B0-7D44-402E-958F-9E2EF2DF261D.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

Prices did not go down but the market is not even close to what it was.

Winner!
    Pinball will become more exclusive than it already is. Prices will go up to make up for the lack of numbers.
    I will share when prices will go down,
    An EMP weapon destroys the power grid, or hackers, or astroids, or weather.
    The dollar crashes to worthless.
    The US is taken over by China (its well known China doesn't like pinball despite Homepins efforts)
    The Sun goes out.

#110 3 years ago

I just learned we are indeed at the peak of pinball pricing.
    Premium-priced pins are beginning to languish on Sale Sites.
    Buyers refusing to pay "Firm" prices and intense haggling is getting prevalent.
    Loyal NIB Buyers have reached a point of rebellion over bad quality, poor customer service and now spending this money on other more fulfilling endeavors.
    This anger is spreading in to an outright revolt through peer pressure.
    New releases will become fewer and farther between after this year.
    More scams occurring to obtain machines. This trend will blow up in to a full-scale crime wave.
    Gary Stern is retiring,and new "Woke" Titles released after his leaving will meet financial disaster. Complaints about past Titles will facilitate removal from commercial establishments leading to a glut hitting the Market.
    Old time and large Collectors will see the Trend beginning and be the first to run for the exits to obtain premium prices for their holdings before the house of cards fall.
    This will fail when the Market sees just how many machines are out there,piled up. Prices will go down and down till Premiums will be offered to Buyers just to move unwanted inventory.
    B and C Titles will be parted out to recoup some value with many unwanted, unsellable Titles hitting the dumpster, being made into coffee tables,clocks, paneling for bars.
    The majority of after-market parts sellers will diversify and survive doing other things.
    Pinball machines will take on the persona of unwanted, undesirable relics from an unpopular past and be associated with undesirable type-people. Artwork depicting scantily clad girls and homespun Westerns will be the first to go. Satanic Themed pins will remain in demand for decoration even if non-working.
    Thats it Folks, beginning of the end. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What exactly is a “woke” title? Please cite examples of the licenses you think Stern will get post-Gary.

No.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Gotcha...no, those are separate things..

Sorry, I will have to see some credentials on what makes you an expert, or authority on this subject. Otherwise, just another opinion, like my opinion.
    No reason to listen to you,or me.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The onus is on you to defend that position with logical & factual backup.

Who made that rule? I don't follow rules from Rando internet users

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing I said is in question.

I question it. Who are you? Why do you feel your opinion is any more worthy than anyone else? Do you always try and speak with authority to others? Where does this authority come from,besides your own mind?
    I wrote a satirical thought-provoking diatribe based on nothing for entertainment purposes. Do you feel you have to come to the defense of someone, or are you legal counsel for Stern?

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If it was a joke, well - that’s that then.

Satire contains some truth. It wasn't a joke. Satire reflects on truth, exposes truth.
    Satire is a legal way to tell truth these days. It's come to that because so many people get triggered.

#133 3 years ago

Great, got the down vote weenies out today. People who have nothing thought provoking to say, nothing to say really. Everyday they wander aimlessly on pinside and look for opportunities to passively express themselves and where they stand by...downvoting.
    I wish some of them would speak, say anything.
    No, they are scared of saying anything real. You can count on them though ganging up with there measly down vote as if it means anything.
    As I understand it youtube is doing away with the down vote, they say spineless bots trying to push a narrative are misusing it.
    I wonder what would happen if pinside did away with it? Would we hear from these scooby do weenies,finally?

Quoted from Rarehero:

Your buzz-words like "woke" and "triggered"

These buzz words triggered you and your silent posse just fine, thats all you have concentrated on today, they live rent free in your head.
    Meanwhile wait awhile, the rest of my Post will come true before you know it, a case of predictive satire.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I met Eric Andre at one of his shows years ago. Really cool guy and I dig the humor, but I'm sure phil lee will find it too Satanic or something.

I understand satanic rat. Unlike the new generation of wannabe idiots looking for acceptance. Ask them if they believe in God, "hell no, I'm an atheist"
    So do they know where satan came from? How can you accept one but deny the existence of the other?
    So yeah they got the tats and the hand signs and the blood and shirts and hair and rituals cause they are cool. All old stuff,very old for a crowd that wants to break free from the past.
    Same old tiring crap, and none of it is funny.
    Only they are too stupid to come up with anything new.
    They compare everything to hitler, it isn't shocking anymore.
    They look satanic, who cares? Everybody is doing it.
    Come up with another way to shock everybody and be cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.