(Topic ID: 290960)

Are we at the peak of pinball pricing

By the9gman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this the peak of the pinball market”

• No, pinball will change with the times and go on 73 votes
      33%
    • Yes ,we are at the market peak 42 votes
      19%
    • we are not at the market peak yet 71 votes
      32%
    • somebody grant levi his wish 37 votes
      17%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    ST-collection (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cliff.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0A82CCBA-017E-43EB-8516-A02962032D9C (resized).jpeg
    CFBAAB8B-ED33-4A8D-90AC-37F58940C7F2.jpeg
    bubbles.gif
    tenor-6 (resized).png
    140748B0-7D44-402E-958F-9E2EF2DF261D.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

What a surprise, you were the first commenter on this thread. SMH...

What a surprise, Alex is on my jock again...

DUde I'm sorry I included you on a list of the 987 people who have posted "bubble burst" threads this decade. If I remove you from the list will you stop stalking me?

Most people have a little more of a sense of humor about being on that list.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

levi, one day everything will fall into place when you confront a bubble burster who is no longer "too early".

I live in fear and terror of that day. It's kept me up at night for over 20 years now.

When will a bubble burster actually be right and the bubble bursts? How can I avoid retribution and my ultimate comeupance? When $500 TZs are raining from the skies, where can I go to hide from the storm?

In my darkest moments, these are the thoughts that I cannot drown out, nor flee from.

Pray for me.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm wondering when the cost of developing time travel will be worth the payoff of going back and buying all those B/W machines and titles before the bubble started growing. There is some serious money to be made here. Your first truckload of sub $1000 TZ's and IJ could send your whole fam-damnly to Harvard or Yale... oh to have had the foresight to invest in warehouse space and B/W pins back in the late 90's and early 2000's...

As everybody has said a million times, you'd just be better off buying apple stock or a sports almanac.

Not sure how many pins you can fit in a time traveling delorean.

People are obsessed with imaginary impending price bubbles because they are frustrated by pin prices and want to buy cheap games, as simple as that. Trust me, I understand it, but they think they can wish it into existence with these bi-weekly threads.

They can't. There's 20 years of proof that these arguments are simply wishful thinking.

The "bubble" may burst, but it'll be accompanied by a complete financial and societal meltdown that has you foraging for food to feed your loved ones and fending off attack from hordes of feral children and other Mad Max types who know you have toilet paper. Bringing home a $400 Fish Tales will not be on your agenda as the gangs of mutants attack your homestead and try to traverse your moat of radioactive waste in hopes of stealing the world's last can of edible cocktail weenies from your cold, dead hand.

The "bubble" is of your own making; it exists because you want pinball machines. The only way it "pops" is if you don't want pinball machines anymore, in which case who cares anyway?

Why people suddenly think that everybody in the world besides themselves will wake up in two weeks and decide they don't like pinball anymore is beyond me.

You've been sayin this for over TWENTY YEARS.

Give it up.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry Levi, I was being sarcastic... nobody is actually thinking that pinball would be a better finacial growth instrument than wall street... I got my cheap pins in the early 90's to play them, not resell them for profit.

I meant the "royal" you, not the Bubblehead you!

#83 3 years ago

hahha yes....

It really just goes to show you how much of fallacy continually comparing pinball to methods of transportation is.

Planes / cars have NOTHING to do with pinball machines, except that I guess they are both nouns. I would dare say pinball machines are almost the exact opposite of a car or a plane.

They don't move anywhere under their own power
    You cant use them to travel to florida
    They don't have engines
    you don't need a license to use one
    you can move them with a hand truck
    they don't require gasoline
    You can't pick up groceries with them
    they don't emit exhaust
    They can be kept in your basement
    You can ship them for $300
    you can see them in arcades and bars

The list goes on and on. Why in God's name would you try to compare them in any significant way, shape, or form? At least the usual suspect - jukeboxes - has coin mechs and doesn't leak oil!

#96 3 years ago

These threads continue to claim active accounts. They are the widowmaker.

#98 3 years ago

You just can't fly too close to the bubble burst sun. You'll get burnt!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.