(Topic ID: 290960)

Are we at the peak of pinball pricing

By the9gman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this the peak of the pinball market”

• No, pinball will change with the times and go on 73 votes
      33%
    • Yes ,we are at the market peak 42 votes
      19%
    • we are not at the market peak yet 71 votes
      32%
    • somebody grant levi his wish 37 votes
      17%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    ST-collection (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cliff.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0A82CCBA-017E-43EB-8516-A02962032D9C (resized).jpeg
    CFBAAB8B-ED33-4A8D-90AC-37F58940C7F2.jpeg
    bubbles.gif
    tenor-6 (resized).png
    140748B0-7D44-402E-958F-9E2EF2DF261D.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago

The prices will continue to rise until they reach the cost of something more entertaining and valuable, like.... Hmmm.... well... Now, you see, nothing comes to mind so, no, we have not reached the peak... yet.

#72 3 years ago

I'm wondering when the cost of developing time travel will be worth the payoff of going back and buying all those B/W machines and titles before the bubble started growing. There is some serious money to be made here. Your first truckload of sub $1000 TZ's and IJ could send your whole fam-damnly to Harvard or Yale... oh to have had the foresight to invest in warehouse space and B/W pins back in the late 90's and early 2000's...

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've been sayin this for over TWENTY YEARS.

Sorry Levi, I was being sarcastic... nobody is actually thinking that pinball would be a better finacial growth instrument than wall street... I got my cheap pins in the early 90's to play them, not resell them for profit.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I meant the "royal" you, not the Bubblehead you!

I royally thank you for making that clear lol

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I remember early FG episodes

I love my FG pinball machine, it says some of the most politically wrong things a pinball machine can... but thats because they used FG show callouts like you said... I also have a machine with a huge pile of shit on the playfield... by design, and it says some of the worst things as well (South Park by the way for those whole don't know the Gary Stern v.s. Joe B. Argument story about it) But talking about that Monkey on Oktoberfest, I think eventually I am going to want the machine to go with all my other monkeys... I got a monkey in three of my machines already... Evil Monkey, 4 assed Monkey, and the Bell ringer monkeys et al in my Gottlieb Central Park...

3 months later
    #186 2 years ago

I built a video cabinet to save space and money... but it is not my goto when I play casually. You truly have to have a real itch to play a title virtually, otherwise I punch up something on my 6 real machines (soon to be 7). Is virtual any good?, I would argue, with accelerometers for nudging and influencing ball travel, it is way better than playing Pinball Arcade, or using simple nudge inputs from a keyboard or xbox-type controller. I get lost in it and can almost forget I am playing virtual, but my cabinet is set up with a dropped in pf display, which helps create the illusion better since it allows for side blades which really sells it. I have it decked out in Pingraphix power panelz and power bladez and AFM cabinet art. For a millisecond, you would swear I owned an AFM.

Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.