(Topic ID: 290960)

Are we at the peak of pinball pricing

By the9gman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this the peak of the pinball market”

• No, pinball will change with the times and go on 73 votes
      33%
    • Yes ,we are at the market peak 42 votes
      19%
    • we are not at the market peak yet 71 votes
      32%
    • somebody grant levi his wish 37 votes
      17%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    ST-collection (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cliff.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0A82CCBA-017E-43EB-8516-A02962032D9C (resized).jpeg
    CFBAAB8B-ED33-4A8D-90AC-37F58940C7F2.jpeg
    bubbles.gif
    tenor-6 (resized).png
    140748B0-7D44-402E-958F-9E2EF2DF261D.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boblabla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

You re correct. However, prices will not come down. Businesses will seize to exist is the more likely outcome. Gary Stern is a bit older ,and when he quits pinball is in trouble. As much as stern is disliked by many on here, they’re towing the rope for all companies to exist. I asked a younger employee at the office what he thought about pinball, and he could care less.
    How to remedy that is to quit being so hateful ,and negative to newcomers, or watch all the parts dry up and “ the next stern pinball “ will be nothing.

#25 3 years ago

Yes, cease! Thank you!

#39 3 years ago

Enjoy the next 10yrs of pinball. After that this “hobby” is gonna face a huge downturn in available parts and new customers.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Are you on crack? Younger people are flooding into pinball at record rates. Hell, finally all my friends are suddenly interested in checking out my arcade. I get asked often “how the hell can you afford all those games??”
    With millennials (in their 30s and 40s now) it seems many don’t care. But the latest generation, the zoomers are really getting into “retro” everything.
    Also “watch parts dry up” that’s HILARIOUS. You missed that by a decade. Right now the repro business has NEVER been stronger. Jody is making ramps for games that 10 years ago would be thrown in the dumpster when the plastics broke. Marco and Pinball Life among many others are sprouting up and booming.
    There was a long LONG stretch where Steve was essentially the only outfit in town you could get parts from, unless you raided a big operator and he pitied you.

You’re so right!

Lots of young people in their 20’s are buying 6-12k machines to put in their apts they share with 4 other people. Also, pinball bars make lots and lots of money with no overhead or very small start up costs, and reproduction parts people are amount the super wealthy. I can’t believe how wrong I am. Must be the crack talking. Pinball is the next iPhone!

Once the 40-50yr olds age out, in 10yrs, pinball is on a sharp decline.

#85 3 years ago

This may shatter your world and rock you to the core:
    They said the same thing in the 90s and Early 2000s when nobody cared about WPCs and all the “modern games”. Wedgehead EMs were considered the high-end collector market. Those guys were teens in the 70s and were in their 40s-50s in the 2000s.
    Now those hardcore EM guys are retired hitting their 70s
    And guess what?
    Holy shit, young guys are still buying all those darn worthless EM junkers and I can’t buy a Jacks Open for $50 from all those old guys liquidating their collections or dying.
    Curses!!! Any day now I’m sure they will be worthless.

None of what you typed “shocks or rocks my core”. What you say/think is opinion ,and not fact. fact, mid 30yr olds are the last of a generation that played in arcades. There is no sentimental attachment under that age group. Also, people under age 30 don’t have the money for modern games and this may shock/rock you, but most people don’t like or want an old EM or old 80’s games. Check out most of the posts with interested in trades and they usually state, “don’t want your f14, or night rider, or collection of EM’s for my newer pinball machine seeking 6k and up machines.”

Next time your friends come over , who just adore your collection , see how many are looking to buy their own machines for their houses and follow through with a purchase. Does me being right make you angry? Calm down a bit.

#92 3 years ago

You should take this advice.

Going outside might do you good.
    In case you didn’t notice, Chuck E. Cheese, Dave & Busters and Round1 are packed with kids... Barcades are packed with 20 somethings. Darn them spending all that money that doesn’t exist!!
    [quoted image]

Bill Murray said, “it’s difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person, but it’s impossible to win an argument with a dumb person.”! Lastly, your opinion is a guy in speedo underwear and poses for guys? Yep.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’m very concerned and plan on checking with my financial advisor Billy Ray Valentine to see what he thinks as soon as possible.
    [quoted image]

Look at that S car go!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boblabla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing?tu=Boblabla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.