(Topic ID: 290960)

Are we at the peak of pinball pricing

By the9gman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this the peak of the pinball market”

• No, pinball will change with the times and go on 73 votes
      33%
    • Yes ,we are at the market peak 42 votes
      19%
    • we are not at the market peak yet 71 votes
      32%
    • somebody grant levi his wish 37 votes
      17%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    ST-collection (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cliff.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0A82CCBA-017E-43EB-8516-A02962032D9C (resized).jpeg
    CFBAAB8B-ED33-4A8D-90AC-37F58940C7F2.jpeg
    bubbles.gif
    tenor-6 (resized).png
    140748B0-7D44-402E-958F-9E2EF2DF261D.gif
    There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

My downvote was satirical.

My downvote was satanical.

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Phil-Lee is a total stereotype of the old man shaking his fist at kids today. He’s particularly fond of ranting in Odins old people thread where grumpy retirees complain about how they miss all the sexism and racism of the good old days and how no one respects white people anymore.
    He’s safe to ignore.

“Get off my lawn!”

#153 3 years ago
    cliff.gifcliff.gif
    #154 3 years ago

Was it already pointed out the OP is now MIA ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #155 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Was it already pointed out the OP is now MIA ?

Yes

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Was it already pointed out the OP is now MIA ?[quoted image]

Yupp, some noobies don't last long!

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Was it already pointed out the OP is now MIA ?[quoted image]

Ouch. I hate to see new guys leave. I really do.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Great, got the down vote weenies out today. People who have nothing thought provoking to say, nothing to say really. Everyday they wander aimlessly on pinside and look for opportunities to passively express themselves and where they stand by...downvoting.
    I wish some of them would speak, say anything.

Most of the time your drivel isn't worth any more effort than a single click.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Most of the time your drivel isn't worth any more effort than a single click.

Takes two clicks to downvote.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Phil-Lee is a total stereotype of the old man shaking his fist at kids today. He’s particularly fond of ranting in Odins old people thread where grumpy retirees complain about how they miss all the sexism and racism of the good old days and how no one respects white people anymore.
    He’s safe to ignore.

That tracks...however, I haven't seen that thread...I'm not familiar with that individual.

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That tracks...however, I haven't seen that thread...

It's the "bitch" thread in the basement where people say "I respect everyone as long as they share my opinion."

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

He’s safe to ignore.

Quoted from Rarehero:

...I'm not familiar with that individual.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Takes two clicks to downvote.

Nope, just tested on your post and 1 click does it

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Nope, just tested on your post and 1 click does it

Must be mobile v. desktop.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Can Robin ban this topic ?
    Or maybe better yet it just needs a containment thread, like covid? Then every week whenever whomever would have posted the ‘new’ topic could instead just make a post in the thread asking ‘yo, is the pin bubble bursting yet homies?’ and be done with it.
    There’s probably a few other topics that fit this category as well.. innovation in pinball, anyone?

For those who don’t know, there is now a dedicated thread for pinball price discussion, which I hope will avoid separate disjointed threads popping up and the fireworks that almost predictably ensue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread#post-6211558

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

For those who don’t know, there is now a dedicated thread for pinball price discussion, which I hope will avoid separate disjointed threads popping up and the fireworks that almost predictably ensue.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread#post-6212371

Would someone please give me a quick explanation of how to give a link to the BEGINNING of a thread, which is what I was trying to do? Thanks.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Would someone please give me a quick explanation of how to give a link to the BEGINNING of a thread, which is what I was trying to do? Thanks.

If you want to link directly to a particular post (including the first post in a thread one), click on the little number with a hashtag at the top of that post, right next to the little silhouette and the timestamp (so your post that I'm responding to here would be "#166"). That will take you to a new page that's a direct link to that specific post.

Alternately, when viewing the thread click the "1" in the page navigation section at the top or bottom of the screen, which will take you to the first page of the thread. If you copy that URL it will then be a link to the top of the first page of that thread.

Or if you like manually editing URLs, you could just delete the "#post-6211558" from the end of the link you posted (the first part of the link directs to your thread, that last bit directs to a specific post and can be deleted).

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If you want to link directly to a particular post (including the first post in a thread one), click on the little number with a hashtag at the top of that post, right next to the little silhouette and the timestamp (so your post that I'm responding to here would be "#166"). That will take you to a new page that's a direct link to that specific post.
    Alternately, when viewing the thread click the "1" in the page navigation section at the top or bottom of the screen, which will take you to the first page of the thread. If you copy that URL it will then be a link to the top of the first page of that thread.

Thankyou, fosaisu , I really appreciate it! I have corrected the link.

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Must be mobile v. desktop.

This. However if you turn your phone from portrait to landscape you can one click.

4 weeks later
    #170 2 years ago

From our local Craiglist (Portland/Seattle) ROFL!

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-29 at 6.46.56 AM (resized).png
    #171 2 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

[quoted image]

This is an ad for an entire start Trek collection, not an ad for a $42k game. I can't stand Star Trek and the value of the collection is debatable, but why is this ROFL?

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

[quoted image]

Listed in Denver as well.

#173 2 years ago

We have been there forever

#174 2 years ago

Are we there yet?

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Are we there yet?

Not looking that way, $6500 fish tales and a $10k Hobbit just this week.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

This is an ad for an entire start Trek collection, not an ad for a $42k game. I can't stand Star Trek and the value of the collection is debatable, but why is this ROFL?

Quoted from fosaisu:

Listed in Denver as well.

In Bay Area too. Bet it’s just a token listing to finally show wife effort toward getting her room back.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Because it's still listed as being worth $8,500, and that's with a significant feature missing / broken. I laughed when I read that part too.

Someone ask him if he'd sell the pin separately, and how he came up with that value. Alright, I'll do it...

ST-collection (resized).jpgST-collection (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #179 2 years ago

So I'm glad this thread died ......word to any new guys .....never open a thread on the price of pinball machines or don't bitch about the price of machines (the guys that have been on this forum the longest hate it and will jump on you like a pack of wolverines) ......or else some guy may try and sell you a 10,000 dollar home use only pinball machine with a custom piece of chewed gum stuck to the bottom of it. For me the situation is resolved.

You get into this hobby with one machine and then you want another and when you do a deep dive, you find that the machines that are the most fun are on everybody's list. Therefore they are unobtainable or very expensive. There are some in this hobby that have a lot of money to throw around and you look at pictures of their game rooms and you realize that you are not in the same league. The time for getting cheap machines (the good ones from the 90's is gone) and unfortunately those are the ones you want to play

I realized that I never would bring myself to spend over 5 gran for a machine so I did the next best thing .
    I sold two of my system 80B's and used the money to buy a Video pin (49 inch monitor ,dmd monitor and 32" backglass monitor with 1000 games in it)
    Sure I could have built one and the Vpin purest hate guys like me but to be honest I hate screwing with freaking software problems.
    I never played the Adams Family until I got this machine and the first time I played a real one in the wild I beat it the first game ....same goes for Circus Voltaire and Swords of Fury, so if I was younger and even into tournament play. I would have one cause the shots are pretty damn close.

I love my Vpin and so do the kids, it's like having a full pin arcade in one machine and as far as playability ....it's close enough
    It has also shown me what games I would not like and made me glad that I didn't buy them
    I didn't give up all my machines I kept the four others but will be getting rid of one when I am done fixing it because the Vpin has it and it plays damn close to the original machine.

The Vpin has curbed my desire to chase other machines ......I don't have to fix flippers ,coils change lights or deal with other crap and I get to play anything I want anytime.
    I'm still planning on staying in the hobby and picking up a real machine from time to time to play with but I can definitely say the Vpin has changed my priorities.

For you guys out there standing in shoes similar to mine all I can tell you is try it you might like it on the Dark Side

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I just learned we are indeed at the peak of pinball pricing.
    Premium-priced pins are beginning to languish on Sale Sites.
    Buyers refusing to pay "Firm" prices and intense haggling is getting prevalent.
    Loyal NIB Buyers have reached a point of rebellion over bad quality, poor customer service and now spending this money on other more fulfilling endeavors.
    This anger is spreading in to an outright revolt through peer pressure.
    New releases will become fewer and farther between after this year.
    More scams occurring to obtain machines. This trend will blow up in to a full-scale crime wave.
    Gary Stern is retiring,and new "Woke" Titles released after his leaving will meet financial disaster. Complaints about past Titles will facilitate removal from commercial establishments leading to a glut hitting the Market.
    Old time and large Collectors will see the Trend beginning and be the first to run for the exits to obtain premium prices for their holdings before the house of cards fall.
    This will fail when the Market sees just how many machines are out there,piled up. Prices will go down and down till Premiums will be offered to Buyers just to move unwanted inventory.
    B and C Titles will be parted out to recoup some value with many unwanted, unsellable Titles hitting the dumpster, being made into coffee tables,clocks, paneling for bars.
    The majority of after-market parts sellers will diversify and survive doing other things.
    Pinball machines will take on the persona of unwanted, undesirable relics from an unpopular past and be associated with undesirable type-people. Artwork depicting scantily clad girls and homespun Westerns will be the first to go. Satanic Themed pins will remain in demand for decoration even if non-working.
    Thats it Folks, beginning of the end. Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Attention all planets of the solar federation, "we have assumed control"

#181 2 years ago

Been doing pinball since 1984. With the surge in location play and pinball popularity I see older titles increasing more in price. Stern And JJ will raise prices some more as well soon as labor costs will soar some more. These games will not get any cheaper to build. As more people are exposed to location play again people will want to have a game in their home. Additionally, With the holidays approaching and Covid behind us people will have more home game room get togethers fueling more pinball interest.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Been doing pinball since 1984. With the surge in location play and pinball popularity I see older titles increasing more in price. Stern And JJ will raise prices some more as well soon as labor costs will soar some more. These games will not get any cheaper to build. As more people are exposed to location play again people will want to have a game in their home. Additionally, With the holidays approaching and Covid behind us people will have more home game room get togethers fueling more pinball interest.

Spot on!!

#183 2 years ago

Wait a second. OP says he is glad that the thread has died and resurrected it after 2 months?

edit: spelling

#184 2 years ago

resurrected to resolve it .....I don't have a problem what any machine is going for anymore ....let the market be what it is .....just a solution and a way around it

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

So I'm glad this thread died ......word to any new guys .....never open a thread on the price of pinball machines or don't bitch about the price of machines (the guys that have been on this forum the longest hate it and will jump on you like a pack of wolverines

I say, we all do our thing for the hobby and enjoy the happiness byproduct and let the haters hate. This is for your enjoyment not theirs. You’ll always find haters.

#186 2 years ago

I built a video cabinet to save space and money... but it is not my goto when I play casually. You truly have to have a real itch to play a title virtually, otherwise I punch up something on my 6 real machines (soon to be 7). Is virtual any good?, I would argue, with accelerometers for nudging and influencing ball travel, it is way better than playing Pinball Arcade, or using simple nudge inputs from a keyboard or xbox-type controller. I get lost in it and can almost forget I am playing virtual, but my cabinet is set up with a dropped in pf display, which helps create the illusion better since it allows for side blades which really sells it. I have it decked out in Pingraphix power panelz and power bladez and AFM cabinet art. For a millisecond, you would swear I owned an AFM.

Screenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210430-075928_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I built a video cabinet to save space and money

I think that will be my next step .....to build one like yours that is decked out with everything

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

somebody shoot me

whereabouts are ya?

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I say, we all do our thing for the hobby and enjoy the happiness byproduct and let the haters hate. This is for your enjoyment not theirs. You’ll always find haters.

Ya you aint kidding They think they have it all figgered out...I still build machines old school, but one of the last hardcore builders on the planet I think, A stranger in my own life.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

whereabouts are ya?

You'd miss.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from xt101:

I still build machines old school, but one of the last hardcore builders on the planet I think, A stranger in my own life.

Any place we can take a look at your work?

#192 2 years ago

You would think right, It is a long story,...This is one was the last pics of my Sweetheart before the haters started in, and I just stopped taking pics...It is probably one of the top 5 nicest Getaways on the planet today and has a good home (I sold that one)...And that friend is a bold statement here at Pinside (Wink)

Screenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-210324_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-210412_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191230-210507_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #193 2 years ago

I started a new build, This is where the templates are, a Red Baron in a scratch built Starwars cab, 25" monitor, and get this...Lit up with LUMILOR!, The worlds first electric paint!...But again haters going to hate, and this is all but run off the internet as a concept, I am going to throw a tarp on this one and build it secretly in the night.

Screenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210627-220434_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210627-220548_Gallery (resized).jpg

#194 2 years ago

I am also thinking to build another WPC, because that was just fun, and sold that one as new (Scratch build) so never got to really ever play it, And have done a few others...But the point is, Haters don't even deserve to see how they are built anymore, they know everything, With their CNC, and 3d printers, and just don't appreciate hand crafted beauty anymore.

#195 2 years ago

Your jokes are starting to remind me of scratch-off tickets.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

Your jokes are starting to remind me of scratch-off tickets.

Close.

beelzeboob is more like a scratch and sniff thing.

LTG : )

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Close.
    beelzeboob is more like a scratch and sniff thing.
    LTG : )

High hopes and visions of grandeur coupled with memories of an infrequent success and finally the realization that your expectations need to be lowered.
    "Awe come on man, not even the 2 dollar one?"

#198 2 years ago

You guys are dicks. But about that peak of pinball pricing thing...

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from xt101:

I started a new build, This is where the templates are, a Red Baron in a scratch built Starwars cab, 25" monitor, and get this...Lit up with LUMILOR!, The worlds first electric paint!...But again haters going to hate, and this is all but run off the internet as a concept, I am going to throw a tarp on this one and build it secretly in the night.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Your panel jumper scares me.

#200 2 years ago

Jennifer laughs...Dont look at that,

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-we-at-the-peak-of-pinball-pricing/page/4?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.