• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DiegoWally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image002_(resized).png
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Checked ebay, one machine for 4 grand, obvious cabinet fade and one unobtainium reactor plastic missing. Didn't look any further.
Checked detroit craigslist, nothing but another want ad offering up 3 grand.

I'll take the money to michigan expo, if nothing there, then I'm checking the local retailers.

I did get a bite from Chicago, but that's 6 hours one way. There's got to be one closer.

#52 7 years ago

I usually contact WTB ad people before I post it up. The last one I sold they guy kept getting beat to the punch of buying a pin because he didn't scout insider very 5 minutes like some people. He really thanked me because I responded to his ad. I gave him a fair price and he agreed and happy buyer an happy seller. I didn't have to list it and hassle with finding a buyer.

#53 7 years ago

I've seen a few want ads on games that I have, but to be honest I tend to ignore them because usually they are a combination of being too demanding and/or not wanting to spend very much money. It's weird to me when people are so demanding and restrictive on what they are looking for yet at the same time wanting to spend far less than market value to get it. So I've sold games elsewhere even though I knew they had want ads here.

#54 7 years ago

I don't know about games, but when I needed *nine* proxy switches for the Safecracker for SFGE, I had an answer within 24 hours to a want ad here ...

#55 7 years ago

Got one in Rhode Island...a bit too far...

#56 7 years ago

Unless you get some fortuitous timing, waiting for a good deal at the price range stated here takes some patience. I think some areas geographically up your odds, but overall expect to wait. If you don't have the patience, look at it as the old expression, "time is money", and pay a bit more and get what you really want. Hopefully, you'll be saving more money each day you wait. Maybe pull the trigger and just get it, and put all the wasted time in your rear view...and just have a good time not thinking about what you paid to own your own new-to-you-pin.

#57 7 years ago

It has worked somewhat for used parts.
I have a buddy who has had Want Ads on Clist work for games. Mainly from the old spouse whose husband passed away and wants the game gone.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from DiegoWally:

Hopefully, you'll be saving more money each day you wait.

Not necessarily. Historically, the trend is less machines are sold and the prices climb overall as time marches on. That doesn't mean you should shop foolishly, but you do have to consider when you find a game that is priced reasonable and in reach, what your chances might be later of finding another.

image002_(resized).pngimage002_(resized).png

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Is Dredd really a $5k game now?

Hell no! I could barely sell the one I had back in 2013 for $1500!

A-Titles are out of some collector's reach and NIB games are pushing $10K.

So now, cheaper B & C-Titles are getting snagged up instead. Thus inevitably raising their prices as well.

Lastly, never let other collectors know what you're looking for!!!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Not necessarily. Historically, the trend is less machines are sold and the prices climb overall as time marches on. That doesn't mean you should shop foolishly, but you do have to consider when you find a game that is priced reasonable and in reach, what your chances might be later of finding another.

What I meant was...

Hopefully you'll be saving, i.e. "socking away", "stashing", "putting more in the bank" everyday. Then you can lessen the wait period and buy what you want by paying a little extra than the range here.

Not "saving" meaning prices will drop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-want-ads-effective/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.