(Topic ID: 139341)

Are used TWD's that popular, that not many are FS?

By Lefman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150930_163207.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
20150917_083028.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Just curious as I see alot of wanted posts, but not many FS's. Tx!

#2 8 years ago

I don't see any 4 sale to often

#3 8 years ago

It's the best game EVER made. I'll be buried in mine. Then one can buy it but must keep my ashes inside.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's the best game EVER made. I'll be buried in mine. Then one can buy it but must keep my ashes inside.

More than lamp.........and Tron ????????

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

More than lamp.........and Tron ????????

Of course not, I love that game so much I will put my wife's ashes in that.

#6 8 years ago

Twd isa really fun game.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Julie is really, really digging the one we just got. The custom sound package really increased her enjoyment of the game, too.

We kind of stumbled into ours...I don't see them for sale much.

Which custom version do you use?
Pete

#8 8 years ago

too good to see it leaving.....a one of a kind pin, to me in many ways...

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Which custom version do you use?

I have Clelands audio in mine, good stuff! I have the premium....... Miss you Bro! Ice Dancing 4eva!

#10 8 years ago

Truly one of stern 's best! Glad to see others finally coming around with this unique pin

#11 8 years ago

I think it's a great game. I won't be selling mine anytime soon.

#12 8 years ago

I racked up $110 million on my first play ever at the Ottawa Pinball Show yesterday. I have no clue if it's a good score or not but the game is bitching.

#13 8 years ago

It's a great earner.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's a great earner.

Yeah a local op up here is looking to buy another TWD because his first one is earning so well.

#15 8 years ago

I guess it'll be my 1st NIB purchase then! Tx for the input fellas!! Gotta get the Cleland audio thing going, just downloaded and donated for the pin browser..Now to find Cleland!!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

I guess it'll be my 1st NIB purchase then! Tx for the input fellas!! Gotta get the Cleland audio thing going, just downloaded and donated for the pin browser..Now to find Cleland!!

You won't regret it. Game is pinball crack.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I racked up $110 million on my first play ever at the Ottawa Pinball Show yesterday. I have no clue if it's a good score or not but the game is bitching.

Even with the exchange rate, $110M is a pretty good payout.

#18 8 years ago

Is there a tutorial on how to use Clelands file? I'm doing my research now for when pin comes. Tx!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Is there a tutorial on how to use Clelands file? I'm doing my research now for when pin comes. Tx!

Its just a regular code update. All the stern code is in his file.

#20 8 years ago

Tx and sorry, but I've never been inside a Stern and will be getting this in a couple weeks so am trying to get a grasp on what to do..

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

too good to see it leaving.....a one of a kind pin, to me in many ways...

Ahhh Art, I was hoping you'd sell it to me.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah a local op up here is looking to buy another TWD because his first one is earning so well.

Yeah he bought the second one at the show.

#23 8 years ago

TWD Pin is still played every day after 1 year of ownership. Blinging it up is half the fun!

20150917_083028.jpg20150917_083028.jpg

#24 8 years ago

The red PINGULP looks pretty sweet on a Pro.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The red PINGULP looks pretty sweet on a Pro.

I want Flanksta's pingulp.

#26 8 years ago

TWD is not a pin that one buys and sells in a couple months, I think many people bought theirs well after release and with code just coming into its own not likely to see that many for sale till next summer or later, I sold mine but that was due to falling in love with 80 and 81 B/W's games and Sterns, most likely I'm gonna buy a second hand Pre down the road and it will be with me forever. Siege mode is easily one of the coolest modes in pinball and Horde ain't to shabby either, next time I'm going to get into the pin browser and change the music to heavy stuff, that Pre translight with the fishtank topper looks great.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I want Flanksta's pingulp.

You mean this one??? Its a 1/1 LE. Thee ONLY one in existence on mother earth, bid away!

IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0811.jpg

#29 8 years ago

I think it's a love/hate game. If you're not into it you didn't buy it. If you liked it you did and want to keep it. I know people have who it and love it, and people who have zero interest. Just kinda polarizing that way I guess.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So it would have ... Dead inside.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

So it would have ... Dead inside.

Oh you!!!!

#32 8 years ago

There doesn't seem to be much for sale at all. Until Stern puts out the next ACDC, I think people will be holding on to their games.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Of course not, I love that game so much I will put my wife's ashes in that.

Whoops, sorry. Typo in that. I meant wives.

#34 8 years ago

Good info! I decided to order a Pro this past week.. Got mods coming already!!

#35 8 years ago

Great work you won't regret it. It's such a good player to have at home as it's certainly not an easy game.

I don't think there is one bad shot on that game. Even ww is satisfying to hit as it is such a well made mechanism.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Get ready for Zombies!!!!!!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Lucky dog. I will have one of these someday. Very difficult but rewarding when you get a bunch of stacks and the game really comes to life.

#38 8 years ago

I sold my LE this week. It didn't last 30 minutes on the market so its definitely a hot title right now. I just wasn't playing it. I think I played it 4 times after the last code update. I think it's a good game, it just didn't grab me.

#39 8 years ago

And-my wife is going to design the topper and if it doesn't look TOO stupid, I'll post a pic! LOL
But it'll be a few before we do that, we are on vacation!!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

And-my wife is going to design the topper and if it doesn't look TOO stupid, I'll post a pic! LOL
But it'll be a few before we do that, we are on vacation!!

Man, best way to come home from a vacation ever!!! I did it once...a NIB waiting sure eases post vacation blues....congrats!!!....mark

#41 8 years ago

It took a long time for TWD to grow on me. It was piss poor out of the gates. Lymans last two updates really blew the lid off this game. The layout has grown on me and I was enjoying the pro on location and premium at a pinsiders. The game itself is a zombie machine!! ...Lymans update + Cleland/Milhouse sound package really brought it from the dead. I'm still not a fan of the pops exit but Lyman nailed the code with this unique layout.

#42 8 years ago

Well im still on vacation so no topper yet, but the caricature guy made this up-it'll go great right next to the pin when i get home! AND-the game came yesterday!

20150930_163207.jpg20150930_163207.jpg

#43 8 years ago

It's weird, I actually haven't seen that many for sale now that you mention it. I have seen a couple early on but thats about it. Cant say Im actively looking for ones I own tho.

#44 8 years ago

I'm not looking anymore either! LOL

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Well im still on vacation so no topper yet, but the caricature guy made this up-it'll go great right next to the pin when i get home! AND-the game came yesterday!
20150930_163207.jpg

That is a bad ass drawing!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-used-twds-that-popular-that-not-many-are-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.