Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by silver_spinner
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5944 (resized).JPG
    94029298-B165-4910-9866-CA84F1AD4BAD (resized).jpeg
    2DA01EBA-AC28-440D-94D9-A3C901A832C0 (resized).jpeg
    21D17422-59BB-4DB1-AF5B-BA7A51EE235A (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.58.04 AM (resized).png

#1 7 months ago

I need to buy at least 50 of these 5/16" rings. .75 - .30 =.45 difference in price. Are 50 of the 5/16" Titans worth $22.50 more than what Pinball Life is selling? Both brands are made of silicone.

And this is just for one size of ring. I need to buy several different sizes. The cost difference will add up when you are talking a supply for several pins.

Are the Titans worth the extra money? If they are worth the extra money, then what is lacking with the rings that Pinball Life is selling?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 11.58.04 AM (resized).png

#2 7 months ago

As an armature that has used both, I can tell absolutely no difference between them other than color. If you used half titan purple and half perfect play in a pin, it looks off. There is a huge difference between both these and rubber rings, and I am convinced either will keep your pin cleaner longer and I think they play a bit faster. Either is fine, but pick one and stick with it.

#3 7 months ago

If you're already going to be replacing the rubber, it's a worthwhile investment.
    While I like the design and color options of the Titan rings, I personally think the PBL PerfectPlay rubbers are the same quality for far less price.

#4 7 months ago

IMHO the pinball life ones aren't as durable.

#5 7 months ago

For classic games 100%. They will never break. You’ll need to watch them on modern games due to the extra stress they get on the flippers and posts from multiballs and fast play. You’ll have to be proactive about rotating them and getting the right sizes to increase their longevity.

I love them and have used them exclusively for 6 plus years. I buy the translucent in bulk and put them in all my games.

#6 7 months ago

Always cheap down at Marco

#7 7 months ago

If they last a heck of a lot longer with just regular cleaning vs. getting hard, losing elasticity and needing replacing and you're keeping the game that long then that could justify a higher price I suppose.

#8 7 months ago

I have trouble with mine tearing and breaking on modern games for about every 400 plays.. I started using Super bands on sling rubber and have had no issues. perfect play ive had break within 50 games, shooter tip rubber as well.
    super band rubber is the only rubber i have had zero issues with. it actually lasts. same with their flipper rubber. I have had 15k plays on a modern game with super band flipper rubber and they have no wear, just carbon. Keep em clean.

#9 7 months ago

Worth it ... but their shipping is unreasonable !

#10 7 months ago

I am a big fan of Titan. They are 100% worth it. As a bonus, they are also local to me

#11 7 months ago

Yeah, I recently put Titans on one of my machines. I like them even better than I expected, and will eventually do my other machines as well.

#12 7 months ago

Titan is the only product I use. Excellent selection and the bounce is just right.

#13 7 months ago

For everyone chiming in about Titan, is this specifically compared to PBL? Or is this just a preference of Titan over regular rubber?

I was going to make this exact post. I don't do colors, I only use the clear rings. I've always bought from PBL, but have seen so much support for Titan. Are Titan clear better than PBL clear? I'll pay for definitive durability, but don't want to pay for the same product.

#14 7 months ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

For everyone chiming in about Titan, is this specifically compared to PBL? Or is this just a preference of Titan over regular rubber?
    I was going to make this exact post. I don't do colors, I only use the clear rings. I've always bought from PBL, but have seen so much support for Titan. Are Titan clear better than PBL clear? I'll pay for definitive durability, but don't want to pay for the same product.

Both! Titan rubbers are by far the best in any circumstance. They last the longest by far. PBL silicone is way less durable. I have had them break just as fast as regular old school rubber. They just dont seem to last. The ones I have on a game that are in low wear areas are fine. Specifically, the PBL rubbers on slings are terrible. In less wear areas, they seem fine. I love PBL, but their rubbers are the one thing I dont like.

#15 7 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Worth it ... but their shipping is unreasonable !

This is the worst part.

#16 7 months ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Both! Titan rubbers are by far the best in any circumstance. They last the longest by far. PBL silicone is way less durable. I have had them break just as fast as regular old school rubber. They just dont seem to last. The ones I have on a game that are in low wear areas are fine. Specifically, the PBL rubbers on slings are terrible. In less wear areas, they seem fine. I love PBL, but their rubbers are the one thing I dont like.

Thanks! That's exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

#17 7 months ago

Flippers, yes. Very predictable bounce, decent grip, plays like classic rubber except lasts longer and doesn't disintegrate and leave extra dirt on the playfield.

Slingshots, maybe. I can't tell any difference in bounce, but it's nice that they last longer.

Posts and rings and everything else, eh. If I need to change these I'll put Titans on, particularly in spots that take a lot of wear, but it's not a top priority.

#18 7 months ago

I have bought both at the same time, they show up unlabeled, I dont know which is which....done that at least 3 times now LOL

#19 7 months ago

I put Pinball life on my Mata Hari 3 years ago. Still holding strong and play great. I’m at 1500 plays after I finished this resto.

21D17422-59BB-4DB1-AF5B-BA7A51EE235A (resized).jpeg2DA01EBA-AC28-440D-94D9-A3C901A832C0 (resized).jpeg94029298-B165-4910-9866-CA84F1AD4BAD (resized).jpeg
    #20 7 months ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

super band rubber is the only rubber i have had zero issues with. it actually lasts. same with their flipper rubber. I have had 15k plays on a modern game with super band flipper rubber and they have no wear, just carbon. Keep em clean.

I like super bands for flippers. But this is the 2nd Superband flipper rubber that I have had that ripped apart on me (it is 3 years old so it is not like it left me in the dust ). I have Titans on a couple sets of flippers and like the way they hit. I'll stay away from SuperBand flipper rubber in the future.

IMG_5944 (resized).JPG

#21 7 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

For classic games 100%. They will never break. You’ll need to watch them on modern games due to the extra stress they get on the flippers and posts from multiballs and fast play. You’ll have to be proactive about rotating them and getting the right sizes to increase their longevity.
    I love them and have used them exclusively for 6 plus years. I buy the translucent in bulk and put them in all my games.

I assume you are speaking of the Titans, correct? Where are you buying in bulk? I don't see Titan's website as giving quantity discounts.

PBL gives quantity discounts, though. And for rings I am a bulk buyer. I am going 100% translucent. But as I say, I do not see Titan offering bulk buy discounts. Where are you shopping?

And I am seriously thinking of just using black flipper rings instead of having to inventory multiples of each different color for flippers.

#22 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Where are you buying in bulk? I don't see Titan's website as giving quantity discounts.

Yes Titans. And I didn’t say they give quantity discounts. Haha

Here’s the kit I get a lot when I need everything. Then other times I’ll buy just a lot of one thing.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57

#23 7 months ago

I buy Titans for the longevity, bounce and most of all NO RUBBER DUST.

#24 7 months ago

Yeah the small increase in price is well worth not having to clean the playfield nearly as often.

I assume super bands are fine in that aspect too though.

#25 7 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I like super bands for flippers. But this is the 2nd Superband flipper rubber that I have had that ripped apart on me (it is 3 years old so it is not like it left me in the dust ). I have Titans on a couple sets of flippers and like the way they hit. I'll stay away from SuperBand flipper rubber in the future.
    [quoted image]

was that flipping against a piece of metal rail on the backside by chance? that can cause a constant cutting effect and break any rubber. I have saw that esp on upper flippers on some games.

#26 7 months ago

Listen to chuckwurt
    Titans Rule!!!

#27 7 months ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

was that flipping against a piece of metal rail on the backside by chance? that can cause a constant cutting effect and break any rubber. I have saw that esp on upper flippers on some games.

No. The pin had been idle for a few days. During the idle time it snapped at the tip. I'm not complaining about it. It cost me a couple of bucks and lasted for...well...from June 2016 until now. 4.5 years. That's a pretty good service life and I like how the Super Bands hit with no bounce.

#28 6 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

No. The pin had been idle for a few days. During the idle time it snapped at the tip. I'm not complaining about it. It cost me a couple of bucks and lasted for...well...from June 2016 until now. 4.5 years. That's a pretty good service life and I like how the Super Bands hit with no bounce.

got ya, i was just curious.

#29 6 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:For classic games 100%. They will never break. You’ll need to watch them on modern games due to the extra stress they get on the flippers and posts from multiballs and fast play. You’ll have to be proactive about rotating them and getting the right sizes to increase their longevity.

Do you operate all of these eras with your findings or are these from used in home perspective?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside