• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oilspot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4276 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I just got my Firepower together and running, and aside from the odd wonky switch and some display segments out, it plays well. There is, however one issue that is baffling me. When the left flipper is pressed, the sounds associated with tilt are activated and the tilt bob shows active on a switch test, trips sounds, but doesn't actually tilt the machine off. Also, roll tilt is dead. Any ideas??

#3 5 years ago

Everything else seems to be working. I haven't checked slam tilt switches yet. Could the left flipper somehow be closing the playfield tilt switch? First thing I thought of was a matrix issue but the flipper eos switches aren't matrixed. This is going to drive me batty I think.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks, I think this will get me pointed right. I'm fairly sure it's in the cabinet, the boards just came back from being fixed and tested. This machine was really rough and I'm frankly surprised that it has turned out this good already

#6 5 years ago

So after spending some time playing it, wiggling wire connectors and cleaning switches the original problems are solved. But then.. The sound died. No amount of wiggling connections seems to help. Fuses on the sound board are fine. This was the only thing on this machine that worked when I started. I left it on for a few hours and now it plays silently. .

#7 5 years ago

Update on sound issue. Touched the IC amp input pin and got amp hum, decided to reseat/clean ROM on sound board. Pins were black with corrosion, two broke off. I believe this may explain the incorrect playing of tilt sounds before too. New ROM on order from Action Pinball.

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

New ROM didn't fix sound, bought a board off Fleabay but it didn't have ribbon cable connector for voice. Swapped PIA chip into old sound board and voila! But now the old problem of playing TILT sounds when left flipper is pressed is back! I'm probably going to try the PIA socket neXT as the old chip had black pins.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks! I'll add a logic probe to my shopping list. I haven't looked to see if the socket is scanbe, but this game had some corrosion issues throughout.

#12 5 years ago

I will run through that stuff. The coin switches all work, havent checked the trip wires, I did a little more investigation tonight and found the tilt sounds are triggered with the release of the left flipper. Also occasionally it will continue playing background sound after the end of a ball. Not sure if it's related.

#13 5 years ago

Flipper coil diode! As soon as I observed it happened when the flipper was RELEASED, I knew. ( that is, after I learned there were diodes on the flipper coils ) thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-tilt-and-flipper-functions-related-wms-sys6?tu=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.