• Latest reply 6 years ago by Terry1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOCK DOWN (resized).JPG
20180307_131358 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kybingo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Tell me how this plate comes off....please. Is it held on with rivets into the metal or nails into the wood underneath? I would like to repaint and bake the letters without the whole thing going in the oven.

Thanks

20180307_131358 (resized).jpg20180307_131358 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Thank you...

#5 6 years ago

Is there a source for the right size twist nails both small used here and larger used in side rails?

#7 6 years ago

And the challenge grows ... one of the round head twist screws BROKE OFF IN THE WOOD!!!

hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I am considering removing the surrounds at the LEFT, RIGHT, and R buttons. I can redo the lettering on the buttons while I am doing the 'Five Plays Quarter" surround. More work; however, then I can select fasteners and all will match.

Thanks Dennis for the link. I learn the terminology that will help in my fastener search.

#17 6 years ago

While you all were up here chatting, I was tearing apart my foot rail. What a mess. I got all the plates from around the Left Right and R buttons. Phew. Only two twist nail broke off in the wood. I then removed the metal cover to expose the wood lock bar. I found that the wood has been cannibalized from another machine. The holes were filled and moved. I found what looked like remains of a gasket/seal I supposed help keep the soda and beer from running down the glass and into the machine (I'll have to figure out a replacement when I get to that). The ashes were so thick I scrapped and scrubbed under water. Once clean I found parts of staples (I'm guessing held the original gasket in place) and carpet tacks that held the remnants I found. Approaching the carriage bolts that extend through the wooden lock bar to hold it in place, I discovered one was a cut off bolt glued in place and the other had it's head held in place with a nail.

What an adventure! Oh, and I found unused switch parts used to hold the ramp in the coin slot in place.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kybingo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-rivets-or-a-nails?tu=kybingo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.