(Topic ID: 229934)

Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?

By oropuro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?”

• Yellow Brick Road Edition coming soon 90 votes
    57%
  • Tin Man Edition coming sooner 2 votes
    1%
  • They have enough WOZ, no more please 58 votes
    37%
  • Over the Rainbow, Rainbow Edition 7 votes
    4%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpeg
3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png
C776EFC0-E2F4-46D5-8E2C-CE5BF6F692E1 (resized).png
A3E4E1B6-DD3E-4F31-A02C-1B15974E467C (resized).png
660F5DA7-84DB-4136-80F6-A44B0E651A2F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

More available games means prices go down.

Depends. If you bought an ECLE at $6500 - $7500 years ago and new games are close to $10k then I think you are in pretty good shape. Even with 7.5v boards (vast majority have never had an issue) I would put current average HUO stock ECLE prices between $7k - $8k. Toss a 2.0 board kit in those games and I would put the price around $8500. At the end of the day I think the ECLE will be the only true limited edition version of WOZ as it has the direct printed cabinet, green armor throughout, and the clear coated wood apron with plaque.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope not. That would make no sense at all.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the new Yellow Brick Road WOZ is slightly stripped down, on a new platform, and that the type of platform design will carry over to Willy Wonka. This is just a guess and I'm basing it off of Pirates production rumored to be ending for good, past rumors of a stripped down WOZ, and just guessing that JJP wants to take more ownership from Stern with a lower price point.

Could also be some crazy expensive edition along the lines of Dialed In CE and Pirates CE...I don't see a lot of buyers though for a super expensive WOZ due to how long the game has already been out. A lower priced version of the game makes more sense to target a new audience.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Posted on facebook. Seems like new stuff.
[quoted image]

Not on JJP's Facebook. That is a picture of an ECLE.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hmm, don't all the ECLE's and standards say "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" while the 75ths say "75th anniversary limited edition"?
So, is that a new WOZ? It says "We're off to see the wizard"??
EDIT: nevermind looks like the ECLE's randomly said different things so that is apparently an ECLE

Yeah, ECLE back glasses have 1 of at least 3 different phrases on them.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

$12,500 and limited to 200 world wide.

Wow...Any word about what extra features are in the game and if new code is coming out for all models?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Highly doubt it. POTC CE still aren't sold out and that game is just as good as WOZ.

POTC CE and LE are sold out to distributors and those that have them are down to their last ones, many don't have any left.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You do realize the appeal of WoZ is 10 times plus POTC. No one likes POTC theme even though the game is great. Look at the sales of WoZ to back that up.
200 is smart move they will sell

Pirates of the Caribbean seems like a classic if not timeless theme at this point. Maybe not the movies, even though nearly everyone has seen at least the first one, but pretty much everyone and their neighbor knows about the Disney World ride that has been around for over 50 years.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

There was a precipitous drop after the first film. I wish the game was centered around the ride.

Just to note, total budget for all 5 films was $1.27 billion and the total box office take was $4.56 billion.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thanks for the note.
I still wish it was based on the ride or that it would have included some of the main actors and film footage from this $4.6 billion franchise.

Rather have more toys and features as the game is today then video clips, otherwise it may have looked as bare as Star Wars.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well before they stepped into the game; we were only paying 4K for full feature pins

This is such an old and played out argument. Don't blame JJP for Stern no longer offering full featued games for $4k...blame Stern and their customers (us!). Oh, a little blame can go to inflation too.

Stern saw what JJP was charging and decided to jack up their prices all while stripping out features and lowering quality. It's kinda like Ford deciding to charge $50k for a Focus just because a competitor is charging $50k for a product that actually justifies the price tag.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

A lot of Black Armor left over from Hobbit Black arrow...

That's already allocated for the "Black Pearl" Pirates coming out next year lol. I love JJP pins but can't help make fun of their near constant re-releases. It sucks as a collector because it does end of making their LE's feel less limited when there's always another edition around the corner. It needs to stop. After LE's are sold out make standards and that's it, stop taking the collectability factor away from LE owners and making LE's in such ridiculous high numbers. Hell, 99% of Hobbits sold are some sort of a LE, or SE edition.

I keep hearing that Pirates is done for good. I bought one and I'm pumped to get it but...I wouldn't put it pass JJP to announce some new edition a year from now. I'll probably be thinking that years to come even if this month marks the end of Pirates.

Tin Man WOZ SE - 2020
Pirates Black Pearl - 2021
Quantum City Dialed In! - 2022
WOZ 100 Year Commemorative Ultimate Edition (only 100 made) - 2039

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not quite JJPs WWE LE, but not that big of a stretch...

Hobbit is light years better then WWE and is a great pin. The code work done on the game is some of the best in pinball, hell it easily has the deepest and most varied progressive based ruleset out there. Tons to do in the game and its loaded up with a lot of cool toys / features.

Ted Estes, Keith Johnson and the entire team really came through over the past year and turned the game around with several huge game changing code updates.

#129 5 years ago

All will likely be revealed tonight as this evening at 8pm EST is JJP's TPF seminar.

Live stream will be available here

https://m.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/profile

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If they do remove the monkey how are they getting the ball locked behind the doors on the upper playfield?

If there isn't a monkey mech there may not be a ball lock on the upper left mini playfield either, just virtual locks.

#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...shipping implies that they sell. $12k shipped and removed features? On top of that, No more JJPOTC production. I hope some of these rumors are false, but if not, I wish JJP the best of luck and hope they know what they’re doing.

They are trying to make a crap ton of profit on 200 WOZs before moving onto games 5 and 6. That's my guess. If they are selling YBR for $11,500 no wonder they are ending Pirates production when that game has more in it and costs $9500 for an LE.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

According to TWIP, the YBR is limited to 500 units with 200 being made for a start.

At this point I don't trust anything I read about WOZ and a version being limited lol. I can see JJP making WOZ YBR the only edition being made moving forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.