(Topic ID: 229934)

Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?

By oropuro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?”

• Yellow Brick Road Edition coming soon 90 votes
    57%
  • Tin Man Edition coming sooner 2 votes
    1%
  • They have enough WOZ, no more please 58 votes
    37%
  • Over the Rainbow, Rainbow Edition 7 votes
    4%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpeg
3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png
C776EFC0-E2F4-46D5-8E2C-CE5BF6F692E1 (resized).png
A3E4E1B6-DD3E-4F31-A02C-1B15974E467C (resized).png
660F5DA7-84DB-4136-80F6-A44B0E651A2F (resized).png

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...shipping implies that they sell. $12k shipped and removed features? On top of that, No more JJPOTC production. I hope some of these rumors are false, but if not, I wish JJP the best of luck and hope they know what they’re doing.

They are trying to make a crap ton of profit on 200 WOZs before moving onto games 5 and 6. That's my guess. If they are selling YBR for $11,500 no wonder they are ending Pirates production when that game has more in it and costs $9500 for an LE.

#154 4 years ago

I think if they wld of kept the monkey , matched the trim with the yellow art a little more, then maybe a 11k price point wldnt be as bad? The extras are nice and it will be the least produced edition to date. The rr versions were 9500 and sold out . Also the list price isn't the sale price from my experience ... you cld get a rr version shipped to your door for under 9k.

#155 4 years ago

A giant yellow eyesore that just happens to cost $11,500 and is god damn monkeyless.

#156 4 years ago

They didn't really fix or make things right for owners of early run games and now want 11k for these?

I don't think I'll buy a JJP game again after buying a used WOZ that had supposedly had the light board issue fixed with what JJP sent the original owner. Now they want to charge me almost 1k for newer boards that will supposedly fix a problem that was a known flaw out of the factory and their fault. To me, that isn't acceptable and doesn't give me any faith in the company.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think if they wld of kept the monkey , matched the trim with the yellow art a little more, then maybe a 11k price point wldnt be as bad? The extras are nice and it will be the least produced edition to date. The rr versions were 9500 and sold out . Also the list price isn't the sale price from my experience ... you cld get a rr version shipped to your door for under 9k.

I wish I knew how to find these distributors that ship games below list and free shipping. I call lots of distributors and none of them budge on price and no free shipping. Tried this with WOZ, MBr, and a couple other games.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I wish I knew how to find these distributors that ship games below list and free shipping. I call lots of distributors and none of them budge on price and no free shipping. Tried this with WOZ, MBr, and a couple other games.

Keep shopping and never waste your time with any of the dealers on Pinside who list their price as firm.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They better not. This was a horrible idea

I believe they posted a picture of such showing everything moved into the head like DI and POTC, especially since their sale pitch was the NEW 2.0 system lol.

Here is the shot.

3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png
#160 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If they did all of that....the 11.5 would still be that bad. Tremendous price jump for really no significant value.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

They didn't really fix or make things right for owners of early run games and now want 11k for these?
I don't think I'll buy a JJP game again after buying a used WOZ that had supposedly had the light board issue fixed with what JJP sent the original owner. Now they want to charge me almost 1k for newer boards that will supposedly fix a problem that was a known flaw out of the factory and their fault. To me, that isn't acceptable and doesn't give me any faith in the company.

Actually its closer to $12k after shipping.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Actually its closer to $12k after shipping.

Don’t forget tax

#163 4 years ago

Here it is:

FF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpegFF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpeg
#164 4 years ago

If you read the email from PinballSTAR, it says "Only 200 being run in 2019..." Is that a very subtle out for running another 200 in 2020 if they want????

#165 4 years ago

From my understanding it's 200 units max, but the idea is that if they all sell, more units could be made in future years if there is enough demand.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

If you read the email from PinballSTAR, it says "Only 200 being run in 2019..." Is that a very subtle out for running another 200 in 2020 if they want????

Jack said 200 now - could goto 500 in the future in later runs if they wanted to... but inferred no immediate plans to do so.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Don’t forget tax

Is that a real thing? Every distributor i talk to gives me an out the door price (+ shipping) - and those prices match, for the most part, what we see and hear around here.

#168 4 years ago

I just heard from a distributor that JJ will not be putting numbers on the YBR machines. Huh? I was prepared to go without the monkey in order to get the upgraded cabinet and hardware, and I actually do love the sparkles on the playfield, but what's a "limited edition" without a number? I get the 200 that maybe becomes 500 (Stern already did this with The Munsters. Did we say 500? We meant 600!), but it's not "limited" if I can't point to a number somewhere. How do I even know what place I am in line without a number? Is this the next mod for WoZ? Someone starts selling aftermarket plaques with numbers on them? LOL!

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is that a real thing? Every distributor i talk to gives me an out the door price (+ shipping) - and those prices match, for the most part, what we see and hear around here.

I know some JJP are (at least two that I asked, one isn’t ) is doing tax after April.

#170 4 years ago

Whether you pay tax or not depends on if your state is enforcing requiring tax for purchases outside of the state. And in many cases it requires the seller to have a minimum number of transactions or minimum $$ amount before they must collect the tax. The full list can be seen here:
https://sovos.com/mandates/south-dakota-v-wayfair-economic-nexus-threshold-table/

So, there are still quite a few distros who simply don't do enough business in remote states that they need to collect the taxes regardless.

#171 4 years ago

I am a factory authorized distributor who sells and services in my dealer area. I offer on petson set up and delivery for 200 dollars flat fee plus the 11500 list price, cash or credit card. I do offer a discount for check so we all save the credit card processing fees. All JJP distributors like to sell in our own service areas so if in Michigan call Gary at Able or Joe in PA. If in eastern TN, North Carolina or Virginia please try to use me. I do have older customers who have repeated purchased before other areas had distributors and still sell to those in California. I have sold just over a 1000 new in box pins in last 7 years and welcome you to join out list of customers. I have only 4 YBR allotted to sell. 1000 deposit and rest upon delivery. Thanks again Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc

#172 4 years ago

For any folks buying YBRWOZ, I have some beautiful oceanfront property in Kansas for only $200 an acre that would be perfect for you.

#173 4 years ago

No Monkey ? I do prefer the red ruby version with the monkey and USD 9.500.
2.000 dollars to remove the monkey, you really have to love yellow. Not my case, Red, green std and yellow is my least favor color for a WOZ or any pin.

I think I will keep my #466 STD dor a long time, unless I find a red one as good as mine.

#174 4 years ago

Yea I passed on the YBR. Couldn't bring myself to spend that much on principle, it's overpriced. So instead I bought an emerald green LE (less than 100 made) NIB with 2.0 boards. I like the green more than the ruby red.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I passed on the YBR. Couldn't bring myself to spend that much on principle, it's overpriced. So instead I bought an emerald green LE (less than 100 made) NIB with 2.0 boards. I like the green more than the ruby red.

Agree, I guess a lot of emerald greens and ruby reds will be gone by the time JJP ships the first YBR.
I would not be surprised if the prices of the "older" versions goes up, great that you got one right away.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Agree, I guess a lot of emerald greens and ruby reds will be gone by the time JJP ships the first YBR.
I would not be surprised if the prices of the "older" versions goes up, great that you got one right away.

They aren't gonna go up lol.. there's 3-4k woz out there and 200 more being made and plenty of used ones always for sale . No new pins that cost 7k + go up anymore... just to many new companies and pins coming out now.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They aren't gonna go up lol.. there's 3-4k woz out there and 200 more being made and plenty of used ones always for sale . No new pins that cost 7k + go up anymore... just to many new companies and pins coming out now.

According to TWIP, the YBR is limited to 500 units with 200 being made for a start.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

According to TWIP, the YBR is limited to 500 units with 200 being made for a start.

That’s according to Jack. He said it at TPF. :p

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That’s according to Jack. He said it at TPF. :p

I read it on TWIP who said Jack said it, but since I didn't see his talk, I refer to my source

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

At this point I don't trust anything I read about WOZ and a version being limited lol. I can see JJP making WOZ YBR the only edition being made moving forward.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At this point I don't trust anything I read about WOZ and a version being limited lol. I can see JJP making WOZ YBR the only edition being made moving forward.

Or Tin Man

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You are most likely right on that, the changes JJP made on YBR are matching all their later machines in terms of implementation and build, and I don't see the monkey ever making a come back. So I could totally see them release a new standard version with no monkey for 9.500$

I'm even worried about my monkey actually, wondering if they won't produce replacement parts anymore and if JJP future response to monkey issues will be to install the no monkey software and say goodbye to the castle door lock.

#183 4 years ago

I don’t think you need worry about that honestly.

#184 4 years ago

We're there that many issues with the monkey?

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

We're there that many issues with the monkey?

Only JJP knows for sure.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That is a good point, aprox 6 pins launched on the last 6 months.... there are so many new pins avaiable that people are canceling pre oders to get in line for the BK3 and also trading cause you jusr cant keep up uith the speed of the launches. Lets see...

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

You are most likely right on that, the changes JJP made on YBR are matching all their later machines in terms of implementation and build, and I don't see the monkey ever making a come back. So I could totally see them release a new standard version with no monkey for 9.500$
I'm even worried about my monkey actually, wondering if they won't produce replacement parts anymore and if JJP future response to monkey issues will be to install the no monkey software and say goodbye to the castle door lock.

The monkey will now be on the screen. JJP is combining pinball with a video game experience.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The monkey will now be on the screen. JJP is combining pinball with a video game experience.

The monkey was already on the screen when two of them carry Dorothy off. Having the mechanical one for the castle was nice.

#189 4 years ago

I haven't really played WOZ enough to know all about it, but I really liked the monkey taking "Dorothy" (aka the ball) in the back and "flying" away with it for the ball lock. Why the hell would they remove such a cute feature? (I think I heard Jack say something about trouble with the mechanics, but the audio in that room was terrible) He was right about the bad switch causing the "easy high score before ball 1 launched" though.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

He was right about the bad switch causing the "easy high score before ball 1 launched" though.

What bad switch?

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

What bad switch?

maybe he meant bad witch

I mean come on, when you think bad witch you gotta be thinking WOZ.

#192 4 years ago

Discovered new strategies today ! (I’m probably late to the game)

When you hit the witch skill shot it starts witch mode. Makes it easier to get fireball
When you hit Ball skill shot it starts get crystal ball mode ready right away

Makes it way easier to get the 2 corresponding crystals !

On my way to SOTR !

2 weeks later
#193 4 years ago

I think the yellow looks the best!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.