(Topic ID: 229934)

Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?

By oropuro

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?”

• Yellow Brick Road Edition coming soon 89 votes
    57%
  • Tin Man Edition coming sooner 2 votes
    1%
  • They have enough WOZ, no more please 58 votes
    37%
  • Over the Rainbow, Rainbow Edition 7 votes
    4%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpeg
3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png
C776EFC0-E2F4-46D5-8E2C-CE5BF6F692E1 (resized).png
A3E4E1B6-DD3E-4F31-A02C-1B15974E467C (resized).png
660F5DA7-84DB-4136-80F6-A44B0E651A2F (resized).png

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

I was just told by a distributor that it will be 250 units, yellow powder-coat, with upgraded witch and monkey mechs. I didn’t hear what the price might be. And, it’s just one person talking. He did seem confident, for what it’s worth. We should know very soon if he’s right!

#102 2 years ago

Looking forward the the "Wicked Witch of the West" Edition in 2022....JJP WWW

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

ALL BLACK! Yeah!

#104 2 years ago

Black Armor and features. Then you have the Glinda edition with white armor and features. Then the toto edition with furry sides. They'll be making these forever, and that's fine. It's a great game.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

ALL BLACK! Yeah!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Black Armor and features. Then you have the Glinda edition with white armor and features. Then the toto edition with furry sides. They'll be making these forever, and that's fine. It's a great game.

A lot of Black Armor left over from Hobbit Black arrow...

#106 2 years ago

That's already allocated for the "Black Pearl" Pirates coming out next year lol. I love JJP pins but can't help make fun of their near constant re-releases. It sucks as a collector because it does end of making their LE's feel less limited when there's always another edition around the corner. It needs to stop. After LE's are sold out make standards and that's it, stop taking the collectability factor away from LE owners and making LE's in such ridiculous high numbers. Hell, 99% of Hobbits sold are some sort of a LE, or SE edition.

I keep hearing that Pirates is done for good. I bought one and I'm pumped to get it but...I wouldn't put it pass JJP to announce some new edition a year from now. I'll probably be thinking that years to come even if this month marks the end of Pirates.

Tin Man WOZ SE - 2020
Pirates Black Pearl - 2021
Quantum City Dialed In! - 2022
WOZ 100 Year Commemorative Ultimate Edition (only 100 made) - 2039

#107 2 years ago

If they upgrade the witch and monkey maybe they are getting them made by Steve.

#108 2 years ago

Don’t forget the crossover greatest hits by JJP!

-Wizard of the Black Pearl
-Hobbit of Oz
-Dialed In, The Wonka Edition!

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Yeah really! I thought the witch and monkey mechs were pretty reliable. The castle doors could use a little updating.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Your info doesn't mean jack without at least a source. I could make up numbers too.

Whatever, I was PM'd after my initial post by a very trusted distributer with the correct info. All will be told soon and we can continue to bitch about it.
I was really hoping for an option for the masses, not another CE.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Yeah really! I thought the witch and monkey mechs were pretty reliable. The castle doors could use a little updating.

I had to work on my ECLE doors - I think the set screws just loosened up. My RR 2.0 has never had a issue with them and it has way more plays. I think i remember seeing the shafts were flattened on the motors somewhere here?

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Whatever, I was PM'd after my initial post by a very trusted distributer with the correct info. All will be told soon and we can continue to bitch about it.
I was really hoping for an option for the masses, not another CE.

Ive heard it all by a very in the know distributor as well, couple months back. Was disappointed in the news of price and numbers. Sworn to a secret, indeed, we will all know soon enough.

#114 2 years ago

Not quite JJPs WWE LE, but not that big of a stretch...

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not quite JJPs WWE LE, but not that big of a stretch...

Hobbit is light years better then WWE and is a great pin. The code work done on the game is some of the best in pinball, hell it easily has the deepest and most varied progressive based ruleset out there. Tons to do in the game and its loaded up with a lot of cool toys / features.

Ted Estes, Keith Johnson and the entire team really came through over the past year and turned the game around with several huge game changing code updates.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit is light years better then WWE and is a great pin. The code work done on the game is some of the best in pinball, easily the deepest and most varied progressive based ruleset out there. Tons to do and the game is loaded up with a lot of toys / features. Ted Estes, Keith Johnson and the entire team really came through over the past year and turned the game around with several huge game changing code updates.

I was talking about the LE no one wanted, not the code.

#117 2 years ago

Lots of yellow trim and wire forms. Monkey mech looks to be removed

#118 2 years ago

Sounds like this will be the ‘Yellow Bling Road’ edition

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Hearsay

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

If they remove anything (Jack), it will be a huge mistake. People barely forgave them on Pirates.

#121 2 years ago

Yea, you can't remove anything especially when upping the price...

#122 2 years ago

If they remove anything (Jack), it will be a huge mistake.

Agreed. I'd be adding, not subtracting. New cabinet artwork would also be nice. A (slightly) unique playfield like Pirates CE would be cool, too.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I love watching that monkey grab the ball, removing it would take off a really cool toy that is also a great way if bringing the Oz world to life.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I love watching that monkey grab the ball, removing it would take off a really cool toy that is also a great way if bringing the Oz world to life.

If they surprised and used that cool flapping wing monkey mod as the new standard monkey that would be fantastic, but taking it away would really, really suck.

#125 2 years ago

If they remove anything (Jack), it will be a huge mistake. People barely forgave them on Pirates.

Especially if the price will be higher.

#126 2 years ago

Debating stuff from a source that doesn’t exist is a complete waste of time

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Debating stuff from a source that doesn’t exist is a complete waste of time

You realize that at this point games are being seen in person at TPF right?

#128 2 years ago

50 Ruby Reds 50 yellow brick Roads is what I heard but today TPF will give you the heads up ! YBR is $$$$$

#129 2 years ago

All will likely be revealed tonight as this evening at 8pm EST is JJP's TPF seminar.

Live stream will be available here

https://m.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/profile

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You realize that at this point games are being seen in person at TPF right?

Hasn't been revealed yet. User won't cite sources. Hearsay at this point until official announcement. Duh.

#131 2 years ago

If they do remove the monkey how are they getting the ball locked behind the doors on the upper playfield?

#132 2 years ago

That could be seriously badass. Black trim...maybe with laser-cut broomsticks. Dark witch-based sideart and backglass. Broomstick or flying monkey topper. Upgraded witch toy maybe. It could be such an awesome contrast to the bright, cheerful art on the other additions. I actually really want this to happen now, LOL!

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If they do remove the monkey how are they getting the ball locked behind the doors on the upper playfield?

If there isn't a monkey mech there may not be a ball lock on the upper left mini playfield either, just virtual locks.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there isn't a monkey mech there may not be a ball lock on the upper left mini playfield either, just virtual locks.

They could also back-divert the ball to the Winkie VUK

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They could also back-divert the ball to the Winkie VUK

Interesting idea, still wouldn't be a ball lock unless they moved where that VUK currently goes but would put the ball up there to begin process of starting Rescue MB. Though that also kind of kills the "knock down the Winkie guards" via the drop target aspect too. I guess we'll see soon enough, my RR isn't going anywhere but I am curious about this particular aspect of this version.

#136 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to tonight's JJP sem as
all will be seen with the details. Hopefully we are at
a good price point. I'm curious how this new edition will look.

#137 2 years ago

IF - JJP announced a version of WOZ that is a lesser version than the 75th yet at a higher price point, that would be a really bad business decision, especially since they are going to continue making the 75th version.

#138 2 years ago

I've seen a few people on here complaining about Jersey Jack making multiple types of limited editions, driving down resale value (theoretically). I am curious. What do you think would happen to prices of Jersey Jack machines if they went out of business? Would a lack of replacement parts drive prices down, or would value soar due to machines no longer being available?

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

IF - JJP announced a version of WOZ that is a lesser version than the 75th yet at a higher price point, that would be a really bad business decision, especially since they are going to continue making the 75th version.

Hopefully not as it would certainly be a cash grab.

#140 2 years ago

I have only one prediction, the boards will be moved to the head.
Same as what they dos with DI and POTC

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

That will make moving a pin downstairs in three parts fun. WOZ was easy, DI not so much...

#142 2 years ago

The more I think about it I’ll be happy with a new standard ss. I dont know haven’t seen yellow trim since tspp and wasn’t sure about that when had a chance to pick up.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

They better not. This was a horrible idea

#144 2 years ago

TPF is open where are them YBR pics! :p

#145 2 years ago

Just seen a dealer posting for deposits on the new YBR WOZ. Said they plan to be shipping around April.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just seen a dealer posting for deposits on the new YBR WOZ. Said they plan to be shipping around April.

Who? Where?

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

...shipping implies that they sell. $12k shipped and removed features? On top of that, No more JJPOTC production. I hope some of these rumors are false, but if not, I wish JJP the best of luck and hope they know what they’re doing.

#148 2 years ago

f3honda4me PMed ya. Just in case they jumped the gun don't want to post here.

#149 2 years ago

Maybe?

A3E4E1B6-DD3E-4F31-A02C-1B15974E467C (resized).png
#150 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Maybe?[quoted image]

C776EFC0-E2F4-46D5-8E2C-CE5BF6F692E1 (resized).png
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside