(Topic ID: 229934)

Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?

By oropuro

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are they making a Yellow Brick Road Edition of WOZ?”

• Yellow Brick Road Edition coming soon 90 votes
    57%
  • Tin Man Edition coming sooner 2 votes
    1%
  • They have enough WOZ, no more please 58 votes
    37%
  • Over the Rainbow, Rainbow Edition 7 votes
    4%

(157 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF48E9F3-D978-4A1B-A6F1-5E69E5512BE4 (resized).jpeg
3b41378f269bdf0e3c68a3e881f2f71c5275e774 (resized).png
C776EFC0-E2F4-46D5-8E2C-CE5BF6F692E1 (resized).png
A3E4E1B6-DD3E-4F31-A02C-1B15974E467C (resized).png
660F5DA7-84DB-4136-80F6-A44B0E651A2F (resized).png

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

I really want a WOZ and been leaning towards a newer standard, but if these rumors are true I want one, or maybe the Tin Man Silver Edition?

#2 5 years ago

Someone needs to detail what the yellow road edition is and what the features are.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Someone needs to detail what the yellow road edition is and what the features are.

Thought they already did. Yellow shiny flake armour, and some sort of glitter on play field. Those were the rumors on podcasts a month ago.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

I really want a WOZ and been leaning towards a newer standard, but if these rumors are true I want one, or maybe the Tin Man Silver Edition?

Yes they are. You should see it soon.

They already did the tin man silver edition as standard stainless armor pins for Automated a year or two ago.

#5 5 years ago

I heard they were making a Yellow Brick Road edition of Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.

#7 5 years ago
#8 5 years ago

True. With Beatles out now there is a lot of competition for every pinball dollar.

Of course there are only going to be 1964 Beatles but they can make as many Yellow Brick Road LEs as they like.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. With Beatles out now there is a lot of competition for every pinball dollar.
Of course there are only going to be 1964 Beatles but they can make as many Yellow Brick Road LEs as they like.

If there’s demand for it, all the power to them. They’re a for profit enterprise after all. If they don’t make money, they go away, and we all lose.

#10 5 years ago

How about a price drop with it and I’ll buy one. I just can’t get over a $8k spend on a pinball machine.

#11 5 years ago

ugh. so many versions. they are really milking it.

how about a standard body "munchkin" version?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

How about a price drop with it and I’ll buy one. I just can’t get over a $8k spend on a pinball machine.

Used is your friend, then.

#13 5 years ago

Jack confirmed to me that a new version of WOZ will be available early 2019

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Used is your friend, then.

Ha I wish, look in the marketplace, not much of a discount off new.

#15 5 years ago

I think we need a black arrow edition.
No wait I think that ship has sailed too!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Ha I wish, look in the marketplace, not much of a discount off new.

Widen your search. Pinside isn't the only place to get a pin. I've seen them as low as $6500 off pinside.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If there’s demand for it, all the power to them. They’re a for profit enterprise after all. If they don’t make money, they go away, and we all lose.

And if the market gets over saturated, no one makes money and we ALL lose.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Widen your search. Pinside isn't the only place to get a pin. I've seen them as low as $6500 off pinside.

Enlighten us all, please.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Enlighten us all, please.

Not lately but earlier this year I have seen a few used on Facebook and CL for 6500-7000.
However be attentive as there are some cheaper chrome w/decals models floating around that Mike at Automated had JJP build for him to sell.
-Mike

#20 5 years ago

Stand corrected as it was a green edition talked about here. Some differences.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-green-edition
-Mike

#21 5 years ago

So it sounds like there are another edition or two coming still!

#22 5 years ago

Only rumors,take it as just talk (chatter)
-Mike

#23 5 years ago

I am hearing they are running more ruby reds soon, anyone else have info on how many they have out? RR is a limited edition isn't it?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

I am hearing they are running more ruby reds soon, anyone else have info on how many they have out? RR is a limited edition isn't it?

After ECLE they're all limited editions. Limited to how many they can sell. That said, I think it's cool JJP has these new versions to keep the line fresh.

#25 5 years ago

RR is “limited” to 1500 units. It sounds like they are close if not at the end of that with the talk of a new edition coming. I suspect that if there is another RR run it will be to build out the remainder of the 1500... They may already be all allocated to distributors. I’m just stringing this together as an semi-educated guess. Joe at Pinball Star is advertising that some RR’s will soon be available if you are interested in that edition.

Either that or the rumoed upcoming run will be the first of the new edition.

#26 5 years ago

Rr are sold out and the new version will b released in late dec

#27 5 years ago

The 75th Anniversary Edition was originally going to be limited to 1500 units. After some discussion that was removed (shortly after the machine was released) and it will be a production machine for as long as people continue to purchase it. The next run of Wizard of Oz pinball machines will be towards the end of the 1st 2019. These are the facts, from me, a distributor. This is according to the last update I received from JJP on 11/14/18.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The 75th Anniversary Edition was originally going to be limited to 1500 units. After some discussion that was removed (shortly after the machine was released) and it will be a production machine for as long as people continue to purchase it. The next run of Wizard of Oz pinball machines will be towards the end of the 1st 2019. These are the facts, from me, a distributor. This is according to the last update I received from JJP on 11/14/18.

At this point JJP just needs to make whatever editions they can sell and leave the ECLE as the only real LE. I don't see why they can't run ruby and yellow ones at various times if the demand's there.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And if the market gets over saturated, no one makes money and we ALL lose.

This, and if there is at all any accuracy to the DeepRoot rumors then that could make like more difficult for the current big boys. Entry level pin for $3500 US (we'll see.), but up to $50K? (We'll also see).

I just received my JJP POTC and it is gorgeous but that was some serious coin. My only second NIB, behind TSPP back in the day at $5K (CDN). There's a good reason why I don't buy NIB. Money!

2 weeks later
#30 5 years ago

Looking for that new color WOZ any more ideas?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That's a total bullshit move on their part, 1500 isn't really limited to begin with but taking that limit off is a kick to people who bought RRs early. If true they've lost me as a future customer for any kind of special or LE package.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That's a total bullshit move on their part, 1500 isn't really limited to begin with but taking that limit off is a kick to people who bought RRs early. If true they've lost me as a future customer for any kind of special or LE package.

It has been pretty clear for YEARS JJP doesn’t limit game production in any way.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Not lately but earlier this year I have seen a few used on Facebook and CL for 6500-7000.
However be attentive as there are some cheaper chrome w/decals models floating around that Mike at Automated had JJP build for him to sell.
-Mike

In the last year I've seen two ECLE for sale locally for $6000. One was just posted a couple days ago.

portland.craigslist.org link

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

In the last year I've seen two ECLE for sale locally for $6000. One was just posted a couple days ago.
portland.craigslist.org link

Not an ECLE in those pictures, and routed.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Not an ECLE in those pictures.

Yeah, I wondered about that too, but he called it that. Should have the green trim right. Anyway, other one definitely was.

#36 5 years ago

I heard it comes with Bluetooth slippers and a 3d topper

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

It has been pretty clear for YEARS JJP doesn’t limit game production in any way.

True ECLE was limited and their website still says that the RR version is limited to 1500 units.

3 months later
#38 5 years ago

Any information coming on the Yellow Brick edition?

#39 5 years ago

I'll buy whatever WOZ they make next so long as it's got 2.0 boards from the factory. Money in hand waiting impatiently. :p

#40 5 years ago

Hopefully the Yellow Brick Road edition will be successful and at the same time won't have an adverse effect on the value of current WOZ owners machines.

#41 5 years ago

More available games means prices go down.

#42 5 years ago

It's going to be more than the 75th....

#43 5 years ago

Direct print cabinet or stickers?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Depends. If you bought an ECLE at $6500 - $7500 years ago and new games are close to $10k then I think you are in pretty good shape. Even with 7.5v boards (vast majority have never had an issue) I would put current average HUO stock ECLE prices between $7k - $8k. Toss a 2.0 board kit in those games and I would put the price around $8500. At the end of the day I think the ECLE will be the only true limited edition version of WOZ as it has the direct printed cabinet, green armor throughout, and the clear coated wood apron with plaque.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Was a little more concerned about what new features are added (if any).

#46 5 years ago

Hopefully they dont have to blur out the munchkins anymore.
And, include this song.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hopefully they dont have to blur out the munchkins anymore.
And, include this song.

If they did, I guess we could also benefit with a software update.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

If they did, I guess we could also benefit with a software update.

I would imagine that would be exclusive to the YBR Edition.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

It's going to be more than the 75th....

Significantly more.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#50 5 years ago

So 48 hours out from TPF and no word on the forthcoming WoZ update? JJP has fixed all those leaks this time around!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-they-making-a-yellow-brick-road-edition-of-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.