6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5717 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5718 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

I believe I purchased frosted 44's from cointaker last year at pintastic. Loved how bright they were. Bought a bunch of frosted LED's from comet during xmas time thinking they were apples to apples. It looks like the cointaker throws off more light or they are just not comparable due to some reason/option I didn't think about. FYI the upper led is cointaker. I have a shot of both bags for the leds to see if they are in fact comparable.

IMG_5718 (resized).JPGIMG_5718 (resized).JPG

IMG_5717 (resized).JPGIMG_5717 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

In my brief backglass lighting experience cointaker are brighter. Not always a positive though.

#3 6 years ago

Completely different bulbs....

#4 6 years ago

I have thousands of different bulbs from ct and comet amd if you compare the same bulbs (like 1 smd to 1 smd) they are equal from my experience......

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Completely different bulbs....

How are they different? So I know for next time. What would be the comet equivalent of the upper bulb?

Thanks!

#6 6 years ago

The frosted ones from cointaker likely have 2 flat small bulbs under lens and the comet bulbs have single led bulb under lens

#7 6 years ago

Brightest production bulb, also used in new game releases are 2-SMD 2835 at Comet, are equal to Cointaker 2-LED
    Both companies carry a 1 SMD 5050, and these are also found at PBL, Nifty, PBB, and others.

This may help:

http://www.cometpinball.com/Brightness-Chart-s/1825.htm

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Brightest production bulb, also used in new game releases are 2-SMD 2835 at Comet, are equal to Cointaker 2-LED
    Both companies carry a 1 SMD 5050, and these are also found at PBL, Nifty, PBB, and others.
    This may help:
    http://www.cometpinball.com/Brightness-Chart-s/1825.htm

What does SMD mean? Is there a definitions page for all the acronyms?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

What does SMD mean? Is there a definitions page for all the acronyms?

Surface Mount Device - it is an electronic term that means the component doesn't have conventional "legs" that poke through holes in the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and solder to the tracks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-these-two-leds-direct-competitors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.