I am undertaking a retheme of a quicksilver, now dont worry, i didnt wreck mine to do this. As per pinsides opinions; I sold it to fund a build of one. I have found a local artist and although he is very talented, he has never done a pinball. are the steps I've listed below fairly accurate.
- remove all old inserts
- install new inserts level with playfield
- give playfield to artist
- Sand entire playfield with inserts to remove all artwork and make all inserts smooth
- apply clear coat to entire surface to smooth everything out and create a painting surface
- hand paint artwork, painting around each insert
(artist thoughts are to paint and clear with the inserts out)
- clear over art work
- apply decals for all words and points on and around inserts
- final couple clears to make it glass smooth.
does that sound fairly accurate. I trust my artist, as he is a master of his craft, he does custom work on bikes, cars, and anything he can. so i have faith in him, just looking for a little guidance to make sure I'm on the right path.