(Topic ID: 257034)

Are these both original Harlem Globetrotters Backglasses?

By HGT_79

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HGT_79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4779 (resized).JPG
IMG_4778 (resized).JPG
IMG_4777 (resized).JPG
IMG_4776 (resized).JPG
IMG_4775 (resized).JPG
IMG_4774 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Need some advice please
I have two HGT back glasses
The one of the left is from a machine I just purchased
The one on the right I bought from ebay 15 years ago from a guy who parted out a machine
The colors on the left one appear a bit dull and the back of the glass is pretty brown
The colors on the right one are super vibrant and the back of the glass is really clean!
I'm worried that the one on the right may be a repro? or could it just be in amazing condition?
Really need some experts to chime in with their opinion - much appreciated
Thanks!

IMG_4774 (resized).JPGIMG_4774 (resized).JPGIMG_4779 (resized).JPGIMG_4779 (resized).JPGIMG_4775 (resized).JPGIMG_4775 (resized).JPGIMG_4778 (resized).JPGIMG_4778 (resized).JPGIMG_4776 (resized).JPGIMG_4776 (resized).JPGIMG_4777 (resized).JPGIMG_4777 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

There both originals. Bally was cranking out games like crazy during that period and some times used more then one backglass screener so that might be why it's slightly different in colors. It's probably more due to one on the left being in the sun, perhaps the game sat close to a window for many years? Hard to pin point it exactly but they are both originals.

John

#3 4 years ago

To me they both look like the real deal, just better color/less fade on the one on the right. You're lucky to have a spare. I wish I had a spare for my Comet. I picked up a free Comet about 8 years ago that had no boards and no back glass. Like an idiot I sold the play field after stripping most of the top of it. Wish I'd kept it.

Edit, John beat me to it as I was typing!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

There both originals. Bally was cranking out games like crazy during that period and some times used more then one backglass screener so that might be why it's slightly different in colors. It's probably more due to one on the left being in the sun, perhaps the game sat close to a window for many years? Hard to pin point it exactly but they are both originals.
John

Thanks very much John! Great! I really appreciate your expert advice and setting my mind at ease! Thanks for everything again!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

To me they both look like the real deal, just better color/less fade on the one on the right. You're lucky to have a spare. I wish I had a spare for my Comet. I picked up a free Comet about 8 years ago that had no boards and no back glass. Like an idiot I sold the play field after stripping most of the top of it. Wish I'd kept it.
Edit, John beat me to it as I was typing!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to chime in on this post and helping me with my inquiry. Much appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-these-both-original-harlem-globetrotters-backglasses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.