7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I don't want to start any thing. I know 80% of us are looking forward to WOZ and the other 10% are sceptical and the last 10% are haters. But really do we need 400 threads of the same thing over and over? I know on other forums they'd just sticky a WOZ discussion containment thread and all the new info would be relegated to that thread. Any new thread would be deleted and the contents placed in that thread.

It's getting a bit ridiculous. There's literally 5 threads discussing WOZ on the front page and they all end up being the same thing. People saying they're stoked, people saying wait and see, and people hating. I know discussion is a good thing but when it's the same thing re-hashed over and over it's time to do something.

#2 7 years ago

If every WOZ post was in the same thread there would be thousands, if not tens of thousands of posts in one thread. The threads are in sub-forums and that does help. If you view in a specifis forum you can narrow down the threads you are seeing.

Most of the mods are just there to enforce the rules. There is no rule against starting different threads with the same topic, it is just annoying.

#3 7 years ago

Yes, it's annoying, but people are just so excited they can't contain themselves. I also think a lot of people don't even bother searching to see if there is already a similar thread before starting one.

#4 7 years ago

Not sure about "even" moderators but I know there are "odd" ones...

images.jpg

#5 7 years ago

Is it really such a bad thing if there are thousands of posts in one thread? I mean if you're interested you probably read the 30-40 a day. If you're semi interested and know something new happened. ie E3 or NWPinball show. You skip to the end and pick up from there. It's also easier to keep the trolls out.

#6 7 years ago

I personally like the way things are set up right now. No need for change.

#7 7 years ago

660 I nominate you sir to clean this place up......have at it

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from sixsixtie:

Is it really such a bad thing if there are thousands of posts in one thread?

It is not a bad thing, that means the topic is interesting. Either way there are the same number of posts. If I had the choice to read one thread with 10,000 posts or are 1,000 threads with 10 posts each, I would rather search through the more threads with fewer posts. Most threads with that many posts get way off the original topic. Either way I think Gweem is correct people do not look before they post new threads.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Ok, Gorilla!....That WAS funny!

#11 7 years ago

I'll play devil's advocate for a minute,
    I've seen the same people post the same thing in each thread... sometimes I swear they're cutting and pasting from one into the other.

If there was a litte more control on repetitive topics, I don't think three WOZ threads with 500 posts would necessarily turn into one WOZ thread with 1500 posts. A lot of the Repetition would cancel itself out.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Repetition would cancel itself out.

And don't forget, a lot of the repetition would cancel itself out.

(I am not really helping in this thread, am I?)

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

And don't forget, a lot of the repetition would cancel itself out.

no.

#14 7 years ago

But don't forget, a lot of the repetition would cancel itself out.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I'll play devil's advocate for a minute,
    I've seen the same people post the same thing in each thread... sometimes I swear they're cutting and pasting from one into the other.
    If there was a litte more control on repetitive topics, I don't think three WOZ threads with 500 posts would necessarily turn into one WOZ thread with 1500 posts. A lot of the Repetition would cancel itself out.

This!

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'd give it the old college try that's for sure.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Gorillas just repeat what they hear.

#17 7 years ago

Why do I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

I wish I could get an RSS feed just of TG's comments. That would make my day

#18 7 years ago

X-Men? 1131 NEW posts 1936 total last post 14 minutes

I do not have enough hours in a day to catch up on this thread. Pointless to try, yes, I would prefer multiple threads

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

X-Men? 1131 NEW posts 1936 total last post 14 minutes
    I do not have enough hours in a day to catch up on this thread. Pointless to try, yes, I would prefer multiple threads

But.... What if you missed something in the other 9 threads... You'd be getting a very diluted XMen perspective indeed and I, for one, would feel bad about that

#20 7 years ago

Could happen..... not the end of the world

I missed 1131 posts, looks like I may have missed a few comments!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

X-Men? 1131 NEW posts 1936 total

Thanks for making that point Pin. I was going to but forgot. WOZ is not the only topic going crazy. It is only a matter of time before something else takes thier place.

#22 7 years ago

WOZ, never heard of it. Now the WIZ is a different story, wish somebody would make that into a pin

#23 7 years ago

Speaking of WoZ, it's going to be great!

#24 7 years ago

I've also seen 4-5 threads about there being to many woz threads. So really there's about 10 woz threads. 5 about the woz and 5 about woz threads

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

hahaahahahha well played, sir, well played....

#26 7 years ago

I looked at that X-Men the first day. Within hours it had blown up with posts and I've never went back. Don't feel like looking through all of the posts. Would rather have multiple threads with lower amount of posts.

#27 7 years ago

I'm really "stoked" about WOZ....off to start a new thread.....

#28 7 years ago

If I visit your woz thread, will you visit my Woz thread too?

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

WOZ, never heard of it. Now the WIZ is a different story, wish somebody would make that into a pin

I am waiting for Stern to announce Terrible Underworld Reptilian Demons in two models the regular TURD for ops and the TURDLE with all the extra bells and whistles for the more discriminating home buyer.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I am waiting for Stern to announce Terrible Underworld Reptilian Demons in two models the regular TURD for ops and the TURDLE with all the extra bells and whistles for the more discriminating home buyer.

Now that's a creative non-licensed theme!

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

I personally like the way things are set up right now. No need for change.

Me too!!!!

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

+1 Go for it!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 269.99
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 244.99
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside